4 3.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceEsc

It is what I expected it to be. Enjoyable, catchy and so predictable. :6:
Btw, I hope they don't keep in their performance that "L" hand gesture she keeps doing in the music video, because it means "Loser" and not "Liar".

Grinch

:12:

My fave Cypriot entry since San aggelos s'agapisa with no doubt
I honestly thought I was the only one who loved San aggelos s'agapisa 💀

My fav in 2011. Even got a warning-ish from the Mods because I had its lyrics (part of it) as my signature. It was not allowed to have non-English sig back then :D Ah, the nostalgia.

Realest

Kontopoulos delivered again.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
This is very 2000s pop, also like the fact we are having a country consistently sending dance pop xheart

I can see this opening the semi

Romeo

Now this my friends is how you get my 12 points!!! 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

ZoboCamel

I vaguely enjoy this, though it's obviously very derivative. If nothing else, this is more my flavour of generic dance pop than the others we've gotten so far this year (Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, all of which I find overrated to some extent).

It's certainly not joining my top, and I think it'll be borderline for qualification one way or the other, but it's nice enough. I'll join what seems to be about the average and give this a high :5:.

Paco Roca

She will be "Andrew Lambrou of 2024". She will be underestimated but at the end of the competition she will have her satisfaction. Obviously it is the typical seductive/diva-style/energetic/dancing song that ESC never lacks but qualitatively it is well elaborated. Rating 8.

theditz83

Veteran
Those horns and the beat along with the rising chords progression in the chorus are ticking all the right boxes here. Just wish it had a better middle 8 than resorting to the now obligatory dance break...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ugh I love Cyprus in Eurovision. It's easily one of my favourite countries atm, think what you will but it feels like whoever is picking their entries is picking them specifically for me. xheat Greece should have sent Liar last year instead of what they did send. Luckily Cyprus is here to save the day. I can always rely on Cyprus to not disappoint. They're not a cultural reset, they're not reinventing the wheel with some 'experimental' piece (which 9/10 times sound lame as hell). They're just here for a good time with good music. I love this :12:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I really like this!! It has kind of an early Britney vibe, which she really leans into in how she presents herself. I miss these kinds of very big pop songs with real choruses, and feel obliged to give this one :10: points.

nudiecrudi

5 points
Not bad but nothing we haven't had, cooked in so many sauces.
It doesn't have the power of other girls proposals ( Italy Slovenia Norway Ukraine above all)

lasse braun

:1: point so far - live on stage maybe 1-2 points more but this music is not my cup of tea and i have heard it too often already at ESC.

hpp0

It's quite nice, nothing special of course, but it's enjoyable while it lasts. The video is a little goofy though. I'll give it a :7:.

I should mention however, that I still don't understand why this "Liar" song needs to become an ESC entry no matter what. It's by no means a masterpiece or anything unique. I don't think we lost anything significant by not sending it last year, just a better result.

crashworld

Veteran
This is actually not bad. Very 2000s Scandipop.
Giving this a :6:, like UK & Austria, better than half of the songs that have been released so far.

Top Bottom