10 5.7%

7 4.0%

6 3.4%

15 8.6%

• Total voters

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Re: CROATIA 2018

That wont happen for sure. It is obvious that new team behind ESC is working very professionally

As I said, I will be happy with something like Dora 2005 or EMA 2017 :D I guess that they will officially announce everything in 1-2 weeks

Yazy

Bringing back DORA has both pros and cons.

Pros: More chances for fresh artists to bring something original and also more entertainment for all of us.

Cons: Usually a fresh artist will have less experience on big stage, thus good performance is not guaranteed. Not to mention that the choices from our broadcaster could impact their stage performance (you saw what happened with Nina last year).

I'm 100% sure that our performance this year had everything to do with Jacques's efforts and planning (and people who worked in his team). He had a vision and a goal.
Plus, I already had a feeling that he would slay. With a newbie artist you can never be sure.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

And I don't want something like this again: :lol:

Omg. xheat i think you find that Croatia is DYING for a hit exactly like this. xfaint

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

I think that Dora / internal choice will depend on who is interested, but they will probably want to do Dora :D

Since they were considering Rivers & Damir Kedžo 2 years ago + if I remember good, Severina said that she would go to Eurovision again, but only if she has a very good song

And if we'll have Croatian songwriter, I would love to see Ante Pecotić or Boris Đurđević or Miro Buljan :D

Hele.

That wont happen for sure. It is obvious that new team behind ESC is working very professionally

I'm not really sure about this statement. Thankfully, there are some improvements in Croatia getting esc slightly more serious than 2006-2009 and especially since 2010-2013, but to speak honestly, that is not some big level to out-shadow to start with. All positive and professional things that happen in 2016 and 2017 were product of artists and people around artists and their professionalism and not of HRT team which only was supportive in those years and if it made any good decision, it was for artists to dictate things in which they feel good.
We all know story that Nina Kraljić almost gave up because she did NOT want any song that HRT offered to her. Then Universal found authors and song for her and paid it for her. HRT selected Nina to promote their own show more and if something was good decision from them, well its selecting Nina. But everything rest was on Nina. Only good things that year were artist and song. In the end, Nina selected her dress probably because she didn't have any adviser and support (which HRT could give to her). She had small promotion and HRT didn't want to invest and to plan any thing they should - her performance. If anything is prove HRT hasn't understood esc seriously yet, its Nina's performance. We all know story that in last moment Swedish producers gave that starry dark blue night background as it was cheapest and nobody didn't want to pay for more. Also, someone from team suggested fog from ground but nobody wanted to invest in anything.
2017 is another story only and only because of Jacques who is extreme professionalist and who was forcing all things and was preparing for months for it and he said it numerous time. He was working extremely hard and was preparing everything, he even called Zeljko Joksimovic for advises (knowing this fact probably many other experienced people) and I think he found sponsors himself or somehow persuaded HRT to pay for him. But fact he was selected since September doesn't encourage at all on HRT professionalism. Jacques had enough time to prepare for staging and everything, has vocal practices, was working on every detail but if we have Dora, I doubt that our artist could prepare in such way.

Anyhow, if they really do Dora, I hope they will not be miles away in production in comparation to Ema.

Johnny992

Ema 2017 was nothing special, I dont see anything to look up to.

Hrvatska19

Has there been any word from HRT about the process of selecting the next entrant? I feel like Luka Nizetic would be the best bet for success. His style and looks can appeal to a wider range of people, however personally I would like someone more 'domestic' such as Jelena Rozga, Lidija Bacic or Severina.

SaladBreak

Has there been any word from HRT about the process of selecting the next entrant? I feel like Luka Nizetic would be the best bet for success. His style and looks can appeal to a wider range of people, however personally I would like someone more 'domestic' such as Jelena Rozga, Lidija Bacic or Severina.

No, all that we know is from over a month ago when the mayor of Opatija shared a Dora logo and said they are negotiating with HRT. Not a word on Dora since then.
The other rumors are Franka(who has returned to show business) and Meritas. About Meritas, the person who said it might have been joking.(hopefully)

Hele.

[MENTION=13021]PamSwynford[/MENTION] soon we are getting some news, correct? :cool: xcheer

PamSwynford

Johnny992

Soon darling. xqueenbitch

Will we know that till the end of the 2017?

My thougts are that it is goning to be DamirKedzo/MiaDimsic/MarkoKutlic. ...and NO Meritas please!!!

PamSwynford

Will we know that till the end of the 2017?

My thougts are that it is goning to be DamirKedzo/MiaDimsic/MarkoKutlic. ...and NO Meritas please!!!

I'll just say soon because the exact date I don't know. But no IS.

Romeo

something like this please

SaladBreak

xcheer
nL0KxGs.png

n8PDoPL.png

Very excited about this(if it has anything to do with ESC, but I don't know what else it could be about), she is the winner of the last year's Zagreb Festival(together with Kedzo) - winning song:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIyhxHqYAg
Her new duet with a popular singer Vanna: https://youtu.be/nPU4WtCW04w?t=640

On the second song she wasn't even planned, but Vanna was impressed by Zsa Zsa's demo version. :p

PamSwynford

xD1d2vv.jpg

According to Jutarnji list:
- Dora 2018 will be held or on the last days of February or at the beginning of March
- it's still unknown (to Jutarnji) if Dora will be held in Opatija or in HRT's studio "Anton Marti", because if they choose Opatija, then it will be 5 times more expensive then in Zagreb, apparently everything will be known in January (oh HRT, you will never change)
- HRT will soon publish the regulation
- currently, they are thinking of having one SF and GF, where jury and public votes will decide the winner.

Brace yourselves, mess is coming.

Yazy

I really miss the good old Dora despite how wacky it used to be.

With that said, this is a real dilemma.

To put the good result to risk for the sake of our entertainment? xrofl3

Or to immediately pick an artist who would be a safe choice but to rarely hear any activities until the song is finally revealed? xwait

What do you prefer? xthink

SaladBreak

I really miss the good old Dora despite how wacky it used to be.

With that said, this is a real dilemma.

To put the good result to risk for the sake of our entertainment? xrofl3

Or to immediately pick an artist who would be a safe choice but to rarely hear any activities until the song is finally revealed? xwait

What do you prefer? xthink

I just hope it doesn’t result in another legend like Daria Kinzer. Or I hope it does. I don’t know.
But that Zsa Zsa’s post where she says she’s working on something and she tagged foreign songwriters and producers, which means that finally it won’t be limited just to the Croatian ones. If that post is actually about Dora, but I don’t know what else it could be.

Top Bottom