Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
They simply could have gotten the info from other people and leaking false info in between to prove how people react to such leaks. It’s not that hard to get internal info if you know the right people. I think their study has to be published somewhen so we will know at a another point.

Lindon

But a few months ago there was this lively discussion at the University of Vienna with the people of the podcast Mercie Cherie and the HOD and other people at the university who were very critical to the concept of Eurovision.
I always wondered how this event came about.
Wasn't it an invitation by the university?

Last edited:

Lindon

I'm skeptical about how well this will work out live
After last year many are skeptical. Me too. This has really unsettled me.

Datura

But a few months ago there was this lively discussion at the University of Vienna with the people of the podcast Mercie Cherie and the HOD and other people at the university who were very critical to the concept of Eurovision.
interesting! what was their criticism do u know?
and do u know how many people were there? because if the HOD was involved in the discussion and it wasn't a huge group of people there is a chance they can find out who it is and if they published unreleased copyrighted material this was a pretty risky move. OR there is indeed something behind this (i seriously doubt that because of what sigi said, there's no way orf would come up with such a marketing plan i wouldn't be surprised if they found out that they should think about a staging for the song...)

Lindon

interesting! what was their criticism do u know?
and do u know how many people were there? because if the HOD was involved in the discussion and it wasn't a huge group of people there is a chance they can find out who it is and if they published unreleased copyrighted material this was a pretty risky move. OR there is indeed something behind this (i seriously doubt that because of what sigi said, there's no way orf would come up with such a marketing plan i wouldn't be surprised if they found out that they should think about a staging for the song...)
Parts of the discussion you can hear here: https://mercicherie.simplecast.com/episodes/0501-auf-der-uni-u_y3HXYM
The Institute of Journalism did an exercise for students on cultural diplomacy and invited ORF Head of Delegation Stefan Zechner to talk about his experience.

Datura

Parts of the discussion you can hear here: https://mercicherie.simplecast.com/episodes/0501-auf-der-uni-u_y3HXYM
The Institute of Journalism did an exercise for students on cultural diplomacy and invited ORF Head of Delegation Stefan Zechner to talk about his experience.
thanks i will give it a listen
edit: do u know a timestamp where i can find it or is the whole episode about it? i like the merci cherie guys but their shows are always way too long for me sorry :/

Lindon

thanks i will give it a listen
edit: do u know a timestamp where i can find it or is the whole episode about it? i like the merci cherie guys but their shows are always way too long for me sorry :/
I think it's 14:18

EscGeek

Veteran
First of all, let it be known that i was hyped about this song before you all realized how amazing it really is!. Back when you all thought it's gonna be just another novelty song. And of course i thought that too, but goddamn, this is a certified banger!

There's nothing i can critique here. My head and my heart are both set on Blanka for the win, but this is my offical runner up. "Solo" just makes me happier and dancy.
:at: got a gold and a silver medal from me in just two years. xheya

I don't know what kind of experiments Crystal Ball ran on us, but i'm a free thinking individual and i was definitely not hypnotized. :mrgreen:xrofl

:12: POE POE POE POE POE POEints

Last edited:

JonasS

After last year many are skeptical. Me too. This has really unsettled me.
I think especially the "Poe Poe [...]" part sounds highly processed (so to say) in the studio version. Could end up awkward on stage.

aef

What do you think about a possible good styling for them for the Eurovision stage? I think there should definitely be dancers but should they also wear suits and keep elements of the music video or does this make the staging to silly? Should they be styled in a more modern, stylish way?

EscGeek

Veteran
I have a question for ya: Is anyone here a fan of the ghoul boys?:p
BuzzFeed Unsolved was a show focusing on famous unsolved cases and supernatual/paranormal. It's really fun and addictive. When i discovered it, i knew i have to see every episode. The hosts are polar opposites but still funny with a lot of real chemistry.
Yes, i have other interests beside eurovision. deal with it. :cool:

They also did an episode of Edgar

Lindon

What do you think about a possible good styling for them for the Eurovision stage? I think there should definitely be dancers but should they also wear suits and keep elements of the music video or does this make the staging to silly? Should they be styled in a more modern, stylish way?
They offered the morning show host the job of a backup dancer. So i guess there are dancers. But i bet no handsome guys and pretty women.

LoveHate

This faded pretty quickly for me. I guess it was better than I expected, but on the second listen today I realized it’s not that great. 4 for now.

Ezio

Veteran

William reckons that jurors may relate to the song's perspective with ghostwriting and zero streaming rewards. Also the production value is really good.

I think it could achieve a result somewhere between Toy and Subwoofer.

It has a strong visual impact. So did Conchita. Both songs don't work on the radio for me.

I can't believe they wrote this song themselves, it's so cleverly written.

EDIT: Still on the video, William thinks this is a televote winner in the Final with Finland and Sweden/Loreen there. omg. Last year he shredded my beloved Halo and now this.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
This faded pretty quickly for me. I guess it was better than I expected, but on the second listen today I realized it’s not that great. 4 for now.
You only say that, because you are from Finland. But I am rooting for you! :love:

Ezio

Veteran
Halo sung by Teya/Salena would have been a slayage... and we get dancers this year, finally!

Under an old comment of mine for the Beovizija 2020 video of Srdji dan, I wrote, cancel Vincent Bueno and give us her. And someone replied today, your wish came true, buddy.

Top Bottom