Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyrics are a brighter side to this entry. I'm not into melody and vocals. IDK. I'll see it and then forget it most likely. IDK how to rate this. Better say, I don't want to. Because I don't want to offend the lyricist. 🤣 I'll rate it after first rehersal.

Re: video: nice rip off of Med Men TV series.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Despite Halo being a major flop, the hype was real, the streams were real, and ORF is following up and not throwing in the towel. 2020/2021 were dire years for me, but that seems to me like ORF understood their assignment since 2014, and learnt from 2020/21 to not play it safe ever again.

She gets it also, although she also put Halo through the wrangler last year. "This is coming for Käärijää"

She even sees the Gaga reference, that I also saw. It reminds me of Judas.

Am I being overly negative this year? But songs just don't click with me. 2 points, tries too hard to be quirky, reminds me of "Je me casse"

That one was better though. Melodically more diverse and vocally stronger. This one has a tendency to make a mess on stage like Pia did last year.

Ezio

Veteran
Even if you have Edgar as your ghostwriter, you will only make zero dot zero zero three doll hairs off of Spotify. The depth under the surface. These lyrics have to win the Bezencon award.

Ajeje Brazorf

Well, time for the first unpopular opinion of the year, it seems: this song is utterly annoying and I don't get how it has so much support... Yes, it's out of the box. But out of the box doesn't mean it is good. This is the kind of "out of the box" which bores me to death. And I wouldn't be so surprised if it will flop in May.

Last edited:

ollibox

Well, I've had it on repeat the whole day and I still can't realize what the F I'm listening to :eek: This track is either pure genius or... The opposite. Hard to decide. It sure has the highest BPM this year, no doubt :)
Cauciously, giving it an :8: for start. Still waiting for the Ghost getting fully inside of me :p

Ezio

Veteran
2% winning chance :eek:

MAD20

Upgrading to :12:, I've been mumbling the song all day and I can't stop listening to it. So happy for Austria with their choice!

CPV4931

The hype is real... what was almost sure after the teaser: 12 points in the poll from me

Fluke

Don't get what they're trying to do here. It's obviously supposed to be jokey and quirky, but it's not fun enough to me. And why do many seem to think it's edgy and satirical - how is it satirical? Musically it's all over the place, and not in a good way. I don't see much success for this, particularly now that this year is heavy on other kinds of "joke entries" that do it much better.

0scar

This is fun, something totally different and that's much welcome in this dire year, but I'm not totally convinced. It will probably fare well in the semi (hence it only being televoting), while I'm not really sure about their jury chances. I don't really get the comparisons to Finland tbh?

8 points from me

gigi_copp3

I have to say: why would this have no chance to win? Juries will give points to this, because they seem to be great vocalists and they have the package (well, unless they mess up with the staging). Remember that juries were supposed to give a big fat zero to :is: 2021.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ok ok, I can finally comment and score this entry. I listened to it this morning on my phone and was like .... thats it?. Really was not digging it at all. Went about my day and now listening to it on my laptop with headphones and tbh it sounds quite a lot better. Ngl I'm not really quite getting the hype, it's kinda fun to listen to but then I don't remember anything from it other than poe. Also like I said earlier, there massive levels of irony that the song pokes fun at the music industry while this apparently is a production line song writing camp creation. Then the comparisons i read to Little Big also - I hated that entry it was annoying as hell, not funny more just straight up stupid. I say that as someone who loves a good joke entry as well. That said, this is better than that heap of trash. People feel free to enjoy it, I don't rate it much for multiple reasons. Feel disappointed after the initial hype. Very middling tbh. :5:

Ezio

Veteran
I think it's quite refreshing that this is by no means an ethno bop nor a plastic bop in a silver dress. It's kooky, clever and catchy. It's very Netta and Konstrakta, and I get more and more serious doubts about the butcherfest for juries, since overly critical ESC bloggers see it as a threadtand gave substantial points of views.

Ajeje Brazorf

Ok ok, I can finally comment and score this entry. I listened to it this morning on my phone and was like .... thats it?. Really was not digging it at all. Went about my day and now listening to it on my laptop with headphones and tbh it sounds quite a lot better. Ngl I'm not really quite getting the hype, it's kinda fun to listen to but then I don't remember anything from it other than poe. Also like I said earlier, there massive levels of irony that the song pokes fun at the music industry while this apparently is a production line song writing camp creation. Then the comparisons i read to Little Big also - I hated that entry it was annoying as hell, not funny more just straight up stupid. I say that as someone who loves a good joke entry as well. That said, this is better than that heap of trash. People feel free to enjoy it, I don't rate it much for multiple reasons. Feel disappointed after the initial hype. Very middling tbh. :5:

The comparison with UNO is actually accurate: two of the most annoying songs in the last decade, for sure. I had the same reaction when UNO came out, identical. Uno was liked aswell, so I guess it's just me having a problem with this kind of "fun" which I don't find "funny" at all... Being catchy but annoying is a con more than a pro imo...

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
I'm not sure why people are calling this a joke entry...? Just because it's humourous?

Getting flashbacks to last year where people were calling everything from Eat Your Salad to In Corpore Sano joke entries. If it's not an ethnobop or a ballad then it must be a joke, I guess... :rolleyes:
I would consider Eat your salad a joke entry but Corpore sano has lots of artistic value for me

aef

It’s already trending as #1 in :at:

Top Bottom