Contact us

Armenia ARMENIA 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
Armenia will decide/announce their decision on February 10, according to our OGAE.
Rumours say that all ESC-related people in their broadcaster want to take part with Athena.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Armenia will decide/announce their decision on February 10, according to our OGAE.
Rumours say that all ESC-related people in their broadcaster want to take part with Athena.

wait does that mean that they want Athena or not?

A-lister

Veteran
HOW HAHAHA? I mean 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019 are literal masterpieces. And 2018, 2020 are also nice!

How? Different taste I guess xshrug

2017 was the best one they had after 2010, but I wouldn't call it a "masterpiece". The others were meh at best but mostly pretty bad to my taste. 2016 had a good show, but the song itself was pretty dire. In general they sent pretty good vocalists/performers, but the quality of the entries have been pretty bad. 2008-2010 make up the "great trinity" in Armenian entries for me but after that they kind of lost it. I hope of course they will send something I will like again but not having high hopes.

Looren

Veteran
My favorite Armenian entry is actually the 2015's one, my second favorite that year

Loindici

Veteran
I have PM'S screenshots but im not sure ifs proper source....

You can still post it, all sources are welcome for speculation.

Loindici

Veteran

My face if David announces Athena as the Armenian performer:
images

John1

They still have yet to decide on a participation? I mean, we're already in February and if they went on to withdraw (which is pretty unlikely ngl), they would be fined once again...

Like...????? That doesn't make sense xrollinglol

crashworld

Veteran
I actually quite liked Chains on You, especially after the revamp, so I wouldn't mind them sending something in that style. It's not a genre we get to hear often at Eurovision

That's if they want another consecutive non-qualification. LOL.
I can't see the jury rewarding that kind of song and it's going to be very polarising for the viewers.

Loindici

Veteran
Isn't the news supposed to be tomorrow?

(It still feels odd that AMPTV didn't announce their performer on November-December)

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah but lets see what happens tomorrow..

let's rather see what Sirusho will announce today. I think it is possible that they opted for Sirusho this year because Athena doesn't live in Armenia and it would be easier to work with someone from Armenia - because of the corona virus ofc. And maybe Athena will return in 2022?

Loindici

Veteran
I'm confused, is Sirusho a part of the delegation team now?

Top Bottom