Contact us

2024 Winner predictions

Ted Talks

Can anyone please explain why :ua: is considered as a contender by 90 percent of people. The song is absolutely no winner material. And the war situation doesn’t produce a 300 televoting points situation anymore. Between 150 and 200 televoting points is possible again and maybe up to 100 jury points. But why should juries give this song more than 150 points or so?? It’s no jury song at all.
I would say Jerry's haunting vocal would strongly appeal to jury members - it adds so much emotion without going OTT that I think it elevates the song. Alyona's rap - if executed perfectly - could go down a treat with juries too. There's a lot that could really appeal to them beyond 'it's Ukraine' if you ask me.

Ted Talks

As for my own winner prediction, I'm really stumped. I think this is a weak year overall, but wide open at the same time. It's very odd. :unsure:

As for a winner, I suspect it will be country that doesn't win either the jury or public vote simply because there's no outright favourite (at this stage).

I could see a jury winner being one of :fr: or :ch:. You could even throw in the likes of :be: (if they manage to make the first 2 minutes interesting), :it: and :ua: too.

As for public vote, I suspect one of :hr: or :nl: could win it (but not convincingly) as these votes will be spread out among other 'fun acts'. They won't get the jury support and will not be in contention for the win - but top 10 is possible or both (sadly).

What that means for a winner I don't know, but someone like :it: could get it by having the best aggregate across the two votes. It's one of those years...

Jupiter

So, like everyone else... I have no clue. And I love it!

But I'll throw in a few guesses (to laugh at later). We'll definitely have a better idea once rehearsals start, and then I'll probably switch all my guesses around, but that won't stop me from throwing random ideas out now =D

Potential Jury winners/top 5:

▪︎France, if Slimane keeps the Dora acapella stunt & others don't deliver or don't qualify
▪︎Belgium & Switzerland if they nail the staging and live vocals. Belgium is 'easier' to stage but they're track record is meh, while Switzerland is a wholeass uber risky pot of awesome but Switzerland often stages well
▪︎Italy, bcs Angelina is so charismatic and has that certain youthfulness mixed with a great security on stage. They do need to get the staging right, lively but IMO with a very, very clear focus on Angelina, bcs she's a Star
▪︎Portugal. I'm worried for their qualification, but if they make it to the GF it could be a big Jury pleaser - purposeful, very well performed with lovely vocals. It might be too 'artsy' tho I guess.
▪︎Ukraine & Sweden are also just two safe picks, but I think they're 'beatable' depending on how some riskier entries with more potential perform
▪︎for more 'unusual' picks: both UK & Slovenia might do well with Juries IMO if they get the staging truly right, and Olly and Raiven are two artists I see having a great Vision. Ollys performance abilities and Raivens siren notes might help too

Overall prediction: Switzerland nails everything and wins the jury, with Portugal, Italy, Belgium or France, and either Sweden or UK making the top 5.

Potential televote winners/top 5:

▪︎generally horrible to predict because there is so much televote bait this year
▪︎Netherlands/Estonia/Finland/Croatia are all kinda going for the "fun" vote. Croatia has the most hype in the bubble, but needs to clean up staging/live vocals to really work live. Netherlands has some hype too, less bubble-centric, but I find it harder to predict if it can have 'universal' appeal in several countries. But likely these two will beat the other two
▪︎Italy feels like the best 'girl bop' this year and might garner those votes. The biggest competition is Austria IMO
▪︎Switzerland with great staging could truly stand out
▪︎the ballad lovers might split their votes between Serbia & Portugal (the two best ballads IMO) and France for sheer vocals
▪︎Armenia or Greece could get a lot of "ethnic & fun song" lovers, tho my money is on Armenia. Might struggle bcs of Estonia & Co tho too
▪︎ Ukraine & Israel, not least bcs of 'political reasons'. Additionally both countries can stage well, and Ukraines song is very popular too while standing out for being calmer in an upbeat year. They're a sure top 5 in tele IMO, with Israel being more of a wildcard
▪︎Norway is just a complete Wildcard. Might win tele, might come last - I have no clue

Overall prediction: Ukraine will win the televote in a year very split between many acts, followed by Croatia. Then some combination of Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Armenia/Greece & Israel will round out the top 5.

Overall: the strongest contenders with Jury & tele to me are Switzerland & Italy, maybe Ukraine. So, for now I'm saying Switzerland. I think we'll have the jury winner win again, tho nobody will get Loreen kinda numbers. Televote might be very even between many acts, so something like jury #1 and tele #3/#4 might even win. Or a Duncan type of win. Somehow, I think the televote winner won't win again, just like last year. And we'll get some huge splits between jury & tele, more than usual.

Ted Talks

I'm not convinced at all that Switzerland will pull off the performance. It's a hard song to sing and stage. Not winning IMO
I feel like they could do - and do it in style. I think Nemo nailing it on the night is more likely than the performance flopping. It's whether it connects with the audience at home.

I think a jury win is possible for Switzerland, but the public vote is a real unknown. I think they'll do well as I've said earlier in the thread, but yeah, it's touch and go as to whether Nemo can win. The Code is the song I'd personally like to win in what is a really weak year.

elysian03

The Code is the song I'd personally like to win in what is a really weak year.

I think it's interesting that you call it a weak year when I've heard and read most people calling it a really strong year because of the diversity in songs with high quality. :LOL:

If Switzerland wins, then I'm wondering if next year more countries will send more experimental songs. I think that would be pretty cool.

SpiritofKeiino

I feel like they could do - and do it in style. I think Nemo nailing it on the night is more likely than the performance flopping. It's whether it connects with the audience at home.

I think a jury win is possible for Switzerland, but the public vote is a real unknown. I think they'll do well as I've said earlier in the thread, but yeah, it's touch and go as to whether Nemo can win. The Code is the song I'd personally like to win in what is a really weak year.
This is the weakest year for me since 2017. Not many songs I like or care about.

Ted Talks

I think it's interesting that you call it a weak year when I've heard and read most people calling it a really strong year because of the diversity in songs with high quality. :LOL:

If Switzerland wins, then I'm wondering if next year more countries will send more experimental songs. I think that would be pretty cool.
Well that’s opinions for you. :ROFLMAO: I think it’s a horrifically weak year that feels like a real backward step for the contest with the increase in ‘wacky’ fun acts that all feel like weaker efforts at replicating Cha Cha Cha.

It’s like we’ve travelled back to the 00s era of Eurovision this year. It’s a real contrast from the more current and credible few years we’ve been having musically if you ask me.

I only like 5 songs this year - that’s a shocking hit rate for me.
This is the weakest year for me since 2017. Not many songs I like or care about.
I think we are very much of the same view SpiritofKeiino. 2024 is really weak.

GRE

It's :be: and maybe :fr:.

I expect :it::se::ua: to do very well, as usual.

Also I expect these countries to be very high in the scoreboard =>
:nl:
:ch::hr:

lilka

It's :be: and maybe :fr:.

I expect :it::se::ua: to do very well, as usual.

Also I expect these countries to be very high in the scoreboard =>
:nl:
:ch::hr:
Oh really? Belgium or France? :eek:
Are there any statistics to prove it? Not in an offensive way, I'm just curious because I would never predict them...

ViVillRejv

My heart says Austria but my brain says that power vocals like France or Switzerland will get higher jury points and therefore win it...
(also some countries are more conservative - If Kaleen leans into a "too sexy" staging similar to the MV not every jury will award her points)

SpiritofKeiino

I don't see France winning. The song just isn't strong enough, IMO.

Switzerland I'm increasingly thinking will not be pulled off well on the night.

I can't understand the appeal of this Italy song (although the performer is competent) but so far it seems to have one of the best fan reactions? So maybe.

ViVillRejv

I don't see France winning. The song just isn't strong enough, IMO.

Switzerland I'm increasingly thinking will not be pulled off well on the night.

I can't understand the appeal of this Italy song (although the performer is competent) but so far it seems to have one of the best fan reactions? So maybe.
I too don't get why everyone loves Italy so much. They are becoming the new Sweden in the sense that they can send anything and most eurofans will put them Top 10 no matter what...

Ezio

Veteran
Why do I have a feeling that Croatia/Italy/Netherlands could pull a Gabbani, aka peaking too soon with odds/fan expectations only to fall flat when it counts (rehearsals/live performance)?
I don’t know, I’m not a scientist

Ted Talks

Why do I have a feeling that Croatia/Italy/Netherlands could pull a Gabbani, aka peaking too soon with odds/fan expectations only to fall flat when it counts (rehearsals/live performance)?
As someone who really detests the Dutch song, I'd like this to be the case. Sounds awful I know but I genuinely think it is being overhyped to the extent that its (potential) fall would bring a smile to my face.

If it does win, fair enough. I won't throw a strop about it, I just won't be pleased that's all. There's been winners I've hated before, it would be nothing new.

0scar

:nl: won't win don't worry @Ted Talks

Croatia's 20% in the odds is wild, I cannot see it win either. I honestly think we could get a surprise winner, my bet would be on :fr:
I believed in a Swiss win but now I'm not really sure anymore, the studio version is amazing but I'm afraid the live version won't be that competitive as I hope for.

nudiecrudi

I can tell you why you have that feeling.
Because you don't like any of them and you prefer other songs.
You didn't put Ukraine in your list, which by now is second in the odds and has been first for a long time and is well respected by the fans. Ukraine could be in that list for the same reasons you mentioned for the other ones, so I bet you like that song.
About flat performances live, other countries you didn't mention have the same possibility to fail, right?
For example you didn't mention Austria, Belgium, Greece, Switzerland, Lithuania etc, songs that heavily need staging and could fail too.

Himan

Italy is probably going to win, except maybe a big underdog we don't see or juries liking Netherlands, Croatia or Switzerland out of the blue. I think they will get 1st with the juries and 2nd/3rd with the public. And that is enough to win it. I do think one song will stand out with the televotes and my guess is now that the Netherlands is going to do that. They are probably the contender against Italy. I think a lot of people don't know yet. I mean sure Croatia is ahead in the odds, but still only have about a 1 in 5 chance to win following the bookmakers, so nobody really knows yet.

Top Bottom