Contact us

2023 Overrated-Underrated Thread

Loindici

Veteran
2023 Overrated-Underrated Thread

Do you think of any entry that, in your opinion, will do better or worse in the contest (or in usual terms underrated/overrated)?

Let us know your thoughts!

TiagoFS

Overrated: Norway, Israel, Italy, Sweden and UK
Underrated: Albania, Germany, Australia, Georgia

Loindici

Veteran
From 17 participants that have submitted their picks, here are top 5 of each category based on votes.

There are two methods that I used:
1. By adding all votes per participant.
2. By totaling all the points given with the formula: (overrated-underrated).

Top 5 by VotesTop 5 By Total
OverratedUnderratedOverratedUnderrated
:se: (6):lt: (4):se: (6):lt: (-4)
:il: (5):al: (3):il: (5):al: (-3)
:it: (5):nl: (3):it: (5):nl: (-3)
:am: :cz: (4):az: :cy: :es: (2):am: :cz: (4):az: :es: (-2)
:rs: :es: (4):is: :mt: :ua: :uk: (2):rs: :es: (4):is: :mt: (-2)

it might look crammed since it only has 17 datas this far.

Ezio

Veteran
Overrated: Miley Cyrus
Underrated: Marina

Ezio

Veteran

midnightsun

Veteran
Spain underrated? Like every year it’s an overrated fan favourite ;) Or maybe not so overrated, we will see, I can see Spain scoring well or not. It can go either way this year: total flop like Conan or contender for the win, like France 1991, I get similar vibes. But 1991 was jury only - I don’t know if Spain can manage to grab the audience.

Loindici

Veteran
Spain underrated? Like every year it’s an overrated fan favourite ;) Or maybe not so overrated, we will see, I can see Spain scoring well or not. It can go either way this year: total flop like Conan or contender for the win, like France 1991, I get similar vibes. But 1991 was jury only - I don’t know if Spain can manage to grab the audience.

I guess all those beltings didn't grab your attention, and only yours. I'm rather worried about the jury scorings since oftentimes they weren't that fond of unusually sounding or structured songs.

titityy

I think this year Eaea is a masterpiece that should be a strong contender for the win. The fact it's not top 3 in rankings and betting odds makes it underrated in my opinion.
I

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Overrated :es: :sl: :rs:

Underrated :mt: idk anyone else tbh

Citelis

Overrated is clearly Finland. I don't say that it's bad but if it wasn't Loreen, then it would be the absolute no1 contender for the win.

ati0111

Overrated: Spain, Israel, Georgia
Underrated: Netherlands, Azerbaijan, Greece, Switzerland

Serena00

Overrated: UK
After watching video of Mae's performance in Barcelona, I don't think she can finish top 10

Maybe people are overrating Armenia and Austria as well based on music videos alone. We need to hear the songs live

Underrated: Latvia
A lot of fans love it, but it's only 14th in odds in semi final 1. I hope that they have a better chance to qualify

midnightsun

Veteran
After watching video of Mae's performance in Barcelona

Many people are disappointed when they watch their favourite at these pre-parties, but you should not forget that the artists will sound perfectly fine in May with all the right techniques. Unless you‘re Blanka but technique will do it’s magic even there.

Loindici

Veteran
Gosh, this thread just made me learn about VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, FILTER, and SORT in Excel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom