Contact us

2023 Overrated-Underrated Thread

Loindici

Veteran
2023 Overrated-Underrated Thread

Do you think of any entry that, in your opinion, will do better or worse in the contest (or in usual terms underrated/overrated)?

Let us know your thoughts!

simori95

So, overrated for me: Slovenia, Czechia, Serbia, France. underrated Denmark, Lithuania, Cyprus (if the vocals Hold up), and Germany. Germany might appear to be doing quite well, but I added the Ranking Game points per country and Germany would do like 25th in a Grand Final. So it looks like we wouldn’t do any better than the years before even though in my humble opinion we deserve to.

jatojo

I personally think that the three-songs-in-one entries are a bit overrated in general. Israel, Armenia, Austria etc. But that's because I prefer cohesive songs. Others like the messy stuff.

Realistically, the overrated songs are probably going to be those that sound less convincing on stage than in the studio versions. So that's hard to judge now ... Okay, I'll say Czechia and Australia then - they are slightly overrated. I was going to add Estonia, but I see now that they have dropped out of the bookmakers' top 20, so I guess they can't be called overrated anymore.

Underrated? Iceland maybe. The song sort of stands out although it isn't particularly modern - she is good at moving around on stage, smiling and singing well at the same time.

Loindici

Veteran
Overrated: Just like every year (besides 2021 and 2018) Italy is extremely overrated. It is just another Italian Ballad, but there is nothing special about it.

B-but... Italy always sends handsome Italian men! xheat

Loindici

Veteran
Oh, I realized I haven't posted mine.

Overrated: :se: (obviously), :it: (not vibing with the song), :cz: (not with that NF set, God)
Underrated: :lt: (might do much better), :is: (that song's kind of solid), :uk: (not universally underrated, but I see some fans predicting the right side of the scoreboard)

Super Underrated: Ahlena - Booty

midnightsun

Veteran
lol where is Ukraine overrated?

I‘d also say it’s underrated. It’s such an 2010's radio classic, very international. Will get a lot of votes in the global vote, regardless of them being Ukraine. In my opinion it’s way better than Stefania (as a song).

Ezio

Veteran
Overrated :be:
Underrated :lv:

Top Bottom