2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Ezio

Veteran
I thought I understood english but I can't understand a single word she is singing. song is catchy but nothing spectacular. she also seems to be stuck in euphoria.
me neither and I am c1 level. I thought I was c2 until I realized I am struggling with composite tenses and clauses

Sammy

Veteran
it's not the voice that is the problem but I really can't understand the words. it took me several times to figure out the chorus alone. didn't even try to figure out the rest of the lyrics.
yes her pronounciation is quite mumbly… you can call that „personal style“ I guess or „artistic expression“. I also have difficulties to understand her when she sings

Mainshow

Veteran
I thought I understood english but I can't understand a single word she is singing. song is catchy but nothing spectacular. she also seems to be stuck in euphoria.

Loreen tends to slur words now and then when she performs live.

Do you guys still remember her "Euphoria/We Got The Power/My Heart Is Refusing Me" interval performance in Malmö back in 2013? :D

I honestly think that´s the only "thing" she needs to work at before May.

Deleted member 12761

The song has grown on me so much. At first I thought it was generic but now I really feel this song. The energy, the power. Loreen elevates Tattoo.To me this is better than Finland and Ukraine. And the final moments of her performance when she stands on the platform like a phoenix. It's the moment of the year for me.

Yazy

I give nothing but props to her stage presence.

But the song in its audio form only? Not even close to Cornelia last year (for me of course).

Loindici

Veteran
Congratulations to Loreen, I'll give it an :8:. "Tattoo" is not that strong of a song for me, but it is the best choice and probably the most Eurovision-ready for Sweden out of all choices available.

Mrm

Veteran
103 pages, and NF of 5 shows in almost 3 months.. Meeeh :se:... :de: beats you, big time.. xheat

crashworld

Veteran
The winning song is just meh, just like the 90% of the songs in this year's contest. Never thought much of "Euphoria" and the same applies to this song. Giving this a :5: as it's listenable.

And whenever I see Loreen, I wonder when was the last time she has a proper scrub and bath altogether.

randajad

Veteran
It's a fine entry, but the performance is what really sells it. However, if it was a stronger year it would barely scratch the top 10. Well done Sweden still finding a good song among a pile of mediocrity. 6

ArmpitOfEurope

It's a fine entry, but the performance is what really sells it. However, if it was a stronger year it would barely scratch the top 10. Well done Sweden still finding a good song among a pile of mediocrity. 6

Tattoo would probably have ended up top 3 in all the eurovisions I remember, she would have finished #2 last year xblush

Brandt

No no no no no no no no no no please do not win Sweden just no

NemesisNick

Melodifestivalen 2023 Final ended over an hour ago. Unsurprisingly, the winner is Loreen - "Tattoo" with 177 points. In fact, Loreen also won the jury vote with 92 points and the public vote with 85 points. That's a consistent winner with the international juries, the Swedish public and overall.

Congratulations to Loreen for winning Melodifestivalen 2023 tonight; she will now represent Sweden with the song "Tattoo" at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool in May. Sweden is currently the favourite to win the Eurovision Song Contest 2023. Realistically though, can Loreen win, and become only the second singer in the history of the Eurovision Song Contest to win twice? Don't forget, Sweden has to get past the semi-finals first. Loreen will perform in the second half of the ESC 2023 First Semi-Final on 9 May 2023. I won't be able to vote that evening as the UK doesn't vote in that semi-final. Good luck to Loreen in the ESC 2023 First Semi-Final, and in the Grand Final if she gets there.

Commiserations to the other 11 artists who performed tonight; they too did well to get to Melodifestivalen 2023 Final after competing in one of four heats, and in some cases, the semi-final as well.

Datura

i
Loreen tends to slur words now and then when she performs live.

Do you guys still remember her "Euphoria/We Got The Power/My Heart Is Refusing Me" interval performance in Malmö back in 2013? :D

I honestly think that´s the only "thing" she needs to work at before May.
i hear that quite a lot that people have a problem with her mumbling. i personally don't mind it at all. her voice is so stunningly beautiful i see it as an (additional) instrument. but i understand if people wanna understand the lyrics better that it may be a bit disturbing.

i think i kind of agree that hold me closer is a better song, and tattoo is a bit... hm... fabricated. but as i heard in an reaction video: "the song is written by the book but if the book is that good why not use it"
and her voice and energy and presence lift it so much

Top Bottom