15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
i

i hear that quite a lot that people have a problem with her mumbling. i personally don't mind it at all. her voice is so stunningly beautiful i see it as an (additional) instrument. but i understand if people wanna understand the lyrics better that it may be a bit disturbing.

i think i kind of agree that hold me closer is a better song, and tattoo is a bit... hm... fabricated. but as i heard in an reaction video: "the song is written by the book but if the book is that good why not use it"
and her voice and energy and presence lift it so much

I really don´t mind the chorus but since Loreen´s voie is falsetto-free and clear as crystal and the "arrangement/music" is quite quiet in the verses, I think that her enunciation needs to be on point (in the verses).

Ezio

Veteran
THE EBU needs to resolve internal issues and all heated debates between all broadcasters.

I don´t want :pt: to withdraw as a one-off agian :(
Haha do you think Portugal will withdraw again?

Ezio

Veteran
If SVT is in charge of hosting Eurovision, then yes, I´m 99.9% sure.
Yeah, that’s a statement. In 2013, 4 countries withdrew and then another two in 2014. countries were clearly pissed at swedens VIP package and their continued meddling with the show

Loindici

Veteran
If my comments come as bitter about Loreen or with her chances being in Eurovision, it might come from the way Melfest were set up this year.

2020 and 2022 were interesting contests for me. I feel I could choose from a lot of songs as my favorites and see a lot of outcomes. People were speculating about who's going to take the win, too.

2023 seemed to be built around Loreen, a previous winner who were favored by fans and moslt likely wanted to regain glory. It's probably the way that SVT were making it too obvious that this is their choice, that ended up leaving a bad taste in my mouth. It took away the excitement I have for this year's show.

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah, that’s a statement. In 2013, 4 countries withdrew and then another two in 2014. countries were clearly pissed at swedens VIP package and their continued meddling with the show

I mean, "officially", :pt: cited financial reasons and criticism at their own national final... but I don´t buy it, tbh.
It´s strange that :pt: withdrew twice (or three times if you count Portugal´s missing out in 2000) - every time when :se: hosted Eurovision in recent years.

Back in the day, I really thought that some broadcasters really dislike how much power SVT (in-)directly has over Eurovision.

Last edited:

ESC94

I mean, "officially", :pt: cited financial reasons and criticism at their own national final... but I don´t buy it, tbh.
It´s strange that :pt: withdrew twice - every time when :se: hosted Eurovision in recent years.

Back in the day, I really thought that some broadcasters really dislike how much power SVT (in-)directly has over Eurovision.

Not just broadcaster but fans as well.

But I hope they´ve "grown up" in the past years on that matter.

0scar

2013 and 2016 were amazing contests production-wise, so I'd be looking forward to that in case Sweden wins again.
Tattoo would be an alright winner for me, problem is that there are songs I prefer this year

aef

I'm no diehard Loreen fan so I'm able to rank this quite objectively. I think the song and the whole package (staging...) is stronger than many here believe. It's quite epic and still different enough compared to Euphoria. It's definitely the hottest contender vor the victory. Personally I'm quite enjoying the song but I don't have the desire to listen to it again and again. I'll give it :8: points. There's a lot I really like, the thing I dislike to most is the you-tattoo hook, it feels to cheap and overused compared to the rest of the song.

ArmpitOfEurope

2023 seemed to be built around Loreen, a previous winner who were favored by fans and moslt likely wanted to regain glory. It's probably the way that SVT were making it too obvious that this is their choice, that ended up leaving a bad taste in my mouth. It took away the excitement I have for this year's show.

I dont understand. We start disliking an entry now simply because its so strong that was too obvious it was gonna win Melfest? :censored:

Ezio

Veteran
It´s strange that :pt: withdrew twice (or three times if you count Portugal´s "no thank you" after Sweden invited them back in 2000) - every time when :se: hosted Eurovision in recent years.

Has Portugal ever been invited to Melfest jury?

Ezio

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
I dont understand. We start disliking an entry now simply because its so strong that was too obvious it was gonna win Melfest? :censored:

I didn't mention that I dislike the entry - I kinda like Tattoo and still would listen to it. However, I also don't think this is the strongest entry Sweden has ever sent either, or out of all the 2000+ submissions. It feels things were built to make sure of Loreen winning (at least for me) for me after 2017 happened (Statements?).

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Mariette should retire.

Ezio

Veteran
Do Thörnfeldt and G:sson songs ever get rejected and are really all 2000 submissions actually considered? I cant believe Melfest only has safe generic choice.

ArmpitOfEurope

I didn't mention that I dislike the entry - I kinda like Tattoo and still would listen to it. However, I also don't think this is the strongest entry Sweden has ever sent either, or out of all the 2000+ submissions. It feels things were built to make sure of Loreen winning for me after 2017 happened.

Ι really dont understand this. So you say they rejected better songs in the 2000+ just to send Loreen to Eurovision? This final was about of the same quality every Melfest final is.
Or is this about her getting a great slot ( #10 )? It was logical, since she was the biggest favourite, what did you expect them to do, put her at #1?
Its also logical for the broadcaster to want the act that took Ukraine down in the odds and brought them the most watched melfest video in years to win... :p

Top Bottom