That's rich
That's rich
Yeah that's rich
When It's coming from you
That's rich

BYE BYE fool (ooww!)​

HarryUK

Veteran
I mean did Ireland not learn from last year... Making poor Lesley (who was in my top 10 until I saw the staging) run on a bloody treadmill whilst maintaining a live vocal. Poor Brooke has no chance with RTE's staging geniuses

Shaney1995

The trouble is, you can't not have choreography with a song like that or it just looks.... odd.

She'd be better off with a (yes I'm going to say it after slating Ireland for being 90s ballad central) a mid-tempo ballad, where dancing would be out of place. That way, she's not overwhelmed with choreography and we can hear her amazing voice a lot better.
They can have choreography .. just not her head swinging with her arms. The point where she sings "you wanna be the centre of attention" for example in all live performances has been structured like

(Head turn) "you wanna" (head turn) "be the centre" (head turn) "of attention".

Spinning your head up down and left right that many times in a short fast lyric .. not smart

HarryUK

Veteran
They can have choreography .. just not her head swinging with her arms. The point where she sings "you wanna be the centre of attention" for example in all live performances has been structured like

(Head turn) "you wanna" (head turn) "be the centre" (head turn) "of attention".

Spinning your head up down and left right that many times in a short fast lyric .. not smart
I'd be interested to know if she's watched her performances back & wants it changed herself

Shaney1995

Massive improvement on Brookes part vocally. The quality in her vocals drops half way but she's proven she can pull the vocals off and sounds better on a big stage. She also sang totally live with no backing vocals with was bold. In Turin she will have backing vocals which will elevate the entire performnce. So if she can mantain her vocals this could be the most improved song vocally by far.

celestialsoothsayer

last night's performance was definitely brooke's best so far, but i can't help but feel that brooke isn't giving the attitude and braggadocio needed to pull this song off. plus, the bit when the money gun makes all the notes fall falls flat if there's that few notes in there. for a song like this, they need to go big or go home - they need to make it RAIN CASH on stage with drama or not even bother.

SarahM

Massive improvement on Brookes part vocally. The quality in her vocals drops half way but she's proven she can pull the vocals off and sounds better on a big stage. She also sang totally live with no backing vocals with was bold. In Turin she will have backing vocals which will elevate the entire performnce. So if she can mantain her vocals this could be the most improved song vocally by far.

I was really impressed by her performance last night, she still has work to do but the rate at which she is improving is impressive. I'm still unsure if this will qualify but she should be proud of herself.
I think better audio mixing and backing vocals will elevate it, and her staging for Eurovision will be different (although she worked the stage well last night). She needs to work on hitting the high notes too "well I got news for you" parts in the verses.

crashworld

Veteran
Israel Calling Offical Youtube Channel has started posting the live performances:

While she seems to improve vocally, but I feel she is trying to juggle between not to fudge her vocals and focusing at executing her routine. And because of that, she is not giving the required amount of energy and sass that is very much needed. Hopefully she will get things right on the actual competition night, because there is this nagging feeling in me that this is going on the trajectory of Ireland 2019.

Shaney1995

Israel Calling Offical Youtube Channel has started posting the live performances:

While she seems to improve vocally, but I feel she is trying to juggle between not to fudge her vocals and focusing at executing her routine. And because of that, she is not giving the required amount of energy and sass that is very much needed. Hopefully she will get things right on the actual competition night, because there is this nagging feeling in me that this is going on the trajectory of Ireland 2019.
Her staging is supposed to change entirely on the day and will have more props etc. So I think there will be less choreography and more of her interacting with the camera. That said I agree it's 50/50 on qualification.

As an Irish Eurovision follower .. I don't tend to hope for much these days.

crashworld

Veteran
Performance @ PrePartyES

LOL! She seems so relaxed! But the comments in the video are asking if she is drunk. I think she is the most relaxed here.

And The Roop coming for Brooke and then realized they screwed up.
c99w9zav2xt81.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-16-21-09-52-669_com.instagram.android.jpg

Last edited:

kamc

lol…mortified for The Roop and their knee jerk reaction.
A bit of common sense would tell you that it would seem wholly bizarre for an Irish eurovision act to be somehow performing in the real red square as some random show of support for Putin’s regime!

crashworld

Veteran
This is pure entertainment. Look at Brooke's response. She didn't even reply whether she wants to meet The Roop. LOL.

c6eaxbwo64u81.jpg

SarahM

WiwiBloggs ranked Brooke's song quite high (higher than France who is better IMO) people are commenting and losing their minds about it, it's quite entertaining to read :p

MopManMoss

Veteran
WiwiBloggs ranked Brooke's song quite high (higher than France who is better IMO) people are commenting and losing their minds about it, it's quite entertaining to read :p
Wiwibloggs had Maps 7th last year i'd completely ignore it if I were you

HarryUK

Veteran
We all know Maps was a solid entry until RTÉ got their mitts on the staging and made poor Lesley run on a treadmill and attempt maintain a seamless live vocal....

But yes Wiwibloggs are wild with their rankings for the most part!

SarahM

Wiwibloggs had Maps 7th last year i'd completely ignore it if I were you
Oh totally, I just thought it was hilarious how people were literally losing their minds over it, it made for some entertaining reading anyway!

MopManMoss

Veteran
Oh totally, I just thought it was hilarious how people were literally losing their minds over it, it made for some entertaining reading anyway!
At the end of the day wiwijury is just a bit of fun but I cant lie seeing how badly Monika Liu did felt like a personal attack

Top Bottom