Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

grazy2266

I love all this speculation at this time of year, it actually makes waiting for the official announcement fun, lol

Sean

Admin
Staff member
So, according to wikipedia, the UK has an announcement date for 10th of March? Is this rubbish?
Well it's gotta be by that weekend anyway. Can't wait to see what bland tripe we put out this year. I did like Embers but it just got drowned out and I never expect the BBC to learn from their mistakes.

Chrisiam

It's speculation at this point but that is the date most likely. I did a post on Twitter trying to predict it. To summarise what I posted there and what was posted back to me:

We are likely to find out either next week or next week what the act will be. But given the convoluted way that the BBC likes to tease their Eurovision acts, it is likely to be the week commencing 7th. The BBC really likes to do an 'announcement of an announcement' kind of deal. So what we are likely to see is the BBC Eurovision page make a cryptic post suggesting something is coming, then a Tweet saying to watch a certain show at the weekend for an announcement, said announcement being Graham Norton saying when the announcement of the act will be which would be in the following week most likely on Radio 1/Radio 2.

Given we haven't had the announcement that an announcement of an announcement will be made today or tomorrow this past week we are likely to go through it next week.

So Wednesday - Friday we'll get the tweet telling us to watch BBC 1 at the weekend at a certain time. Then at said time, we get the short video with Graham Norton announcing that the announcement will be made in the coming week as part of the breakfast shows on Radio 1 and Radio 2. Thursday 10th is the most likely date as the acts have been announced on Thursday the past few years and it gives it a chance to chart in the Top 40 which is announced the following day (I mean, it won't but it has its best chance then given how it is calculated these days).

StephenMuckle

According to a post on Facebook, a new rumour has emerged about the artist. None other than Annie Lennox. Apparently BBC Radio 2 hinted at it. I really hope it isn't true.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
According to a post on Facebook, a new rumour has emerged about the artist. None other than Annie Lennox. Apparently BBC Radio 2 hinted at it. I really hope it isn't true.

LMAO. Annie Lennox is the total opposite of what Tap has spent months telling us about the sort of entry they've been looking for.

ArmpitOfEurope

Without wanting to sound cruel, hasnt UK tried many times the '' famous but way past their prime '' recipe and it never worked?

Nicfedy

Its probably somebody who looks like, sounds like or just likes Annie Lennox. Surie met the first criteria when she entered.

Mainshow

Veteran
I just came into this thread because I heard how someone else´s fingers typed "HURTS" into their keyboard.

Yes, I´d be totally up for that!!!!

HURTS for Eurovision and Cardiff 2023 xheart

Chrisiam

Annie Lennox is the original SuRie. And in all likelihood, we'd get the same result, minus the mentalist running on stage to knick the microphone. Lennox crosses me as the kind of person who'd karate chop them someone in the throat if they tried to do that to her.

But I don't think it is her, with all due respect to her she is a little too BBC Radio 2 these days, wouldn't exactly meet the expectation if the reveal is still being done on Radio 1 and 2.

ESC94

Annie Lennox is the original SuRie. And in all likelihood, we'd get the same result, minus the mentalist running on stage to knick the microphone. Lennox crosses me as the kind of person who'd karate chop them someone in the throat if they tried to do that to her.

But I don't think it is her, with all due respect to her she is a little too BBC Radio 2 these days, wouldn't exactly meet the expectation if the reveal is still being done on Radio 1 and 2.

What are the differences between BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2?? :unsure:

Chrisiam

BBC Radio 1 is the youth-orientated, new music, Top 40 Pop focused station. Whilst it does have more indie and cutting edge acts broadcast on the station it isn't until the evening and into the early morning.

BBC Radio 2 is the (for want of a better phrase) middle-age orientated, nostalgia music/oldies, older artist focus station. Whilst it does at times play music from the Top 40 it is acts that fit a more 'easy listening' angle and tends to be from older acts.

With all due respect to Annie Lennox, her music would never play on Radio 1 regardless of quality these days as is, as it simply isn't 'current' enough for them. Radio 2 would happily play it. And as there is always the argument about the UK and/or the BBC not getting behind the act enough having an artist whose music just wouldn't get air time on one of the stations at all isn't really going to help that.

ESC94

BBC Radio 1 is the youth-orientated, new music, Top 40 Pop focused station. Whilst it does have more indie and cutting edge acts broadcast on the station it isn't until the evening and into the early morning.

BBC Radio 2 is the (for want of a better phrase) middle-age orientated, nostalgia music/oldies, older artist focus station. Whilst it does at times play music from the Top 40 it is acts that fit a more 'easy listening' angle and tends to be from older acts.

With all due respect to Annie Lennox, her music would never play on Radio 1 regardless of quality these days as is, as it simply isn't 'current' enough for them. Radio 2 would happily play it. And as there is always the argument about the UK and/or the BBC not getting behind the act enough having an artist whose music just wouldn't get air time on one of the stations at all isn't really going to help that.

Ok, thanks for the info. :)

Top Bottom