Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

tsegaye

theditz83

Veteran
People on escforum.net are talking about it possibly being Sam Ryder (the guy with the long hair and beard from TikTok).

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaADZ7oAe78/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

He was supposed to join Tom Odell, but can't due to "something super exciting and super positive and also super secret" and these dates was during the Eurovision weeks.
He's already been mentioned a few pages back, so he's in the mix. I love his recent song "More" xup

Sneaky Facebook tonight, giving me the following sponsored post which I mistakenly misread in my speed-scroll as "SuRie is back" 🥴 The UK Eurovision-linked news is starting to build...

Screenshot-20220301-225800-com-facebook-katana-edit-53507214233501.jpg

tsegaye

He's already been mentioned a few pages back, so he's in the mix. I love his recent song "More" xup

Sneaky Facebook tonight, giving me the following sponsored post which I mistakenly misread in my speed-scroll as "SuRie is back" 🥴 The UK Eurovision-linked news is starting to build...
Oh sorry, totally missed that!

Mainshow

Veteran
Honestly, bands like HURTS or London Grammar could win Eurovision at the moment - even with a "slightly above average" song - or at least, be a sure Top 5 - but we all know that BBC is even less ambitious than the German broadcaster.

I honestly think you will get another Electro Velvet - something "which is technically current/contemporary" but just horribly executed :D

ChiversLookDivine

Sam Ryder is performing at the great escape festival on May 14 , so we can rule him out.

I can't find what day he's supposed to perform, but it runs from the 11th to the 14th so there's still a chance he's free.

He's also touring Europe in April which is perfect timing for promotion, so I'm going to continue to cross everything that we're sending him.

hijirio

Veteran
Not London Grammar................

Chrisiam

I dunno, I think that the act that is doing it for the UK this year would have signed with TaP a while before London Grammer will have done. That isn't me saying it is gonna be a more established act as some are speculating. No, it's more a matter of practical administration.

I mean, could you imagine if they were the act, but then due to some legal issues their signing up to the label was delayed? Like, imagine we get to next week and the BBC and TaP are like "Hold on, we need another day! We need a fax to come through, our lawyer had a bad curry the other day and they've not been in the office for a week and the contracts need to be reviewed by a third party still!"

Cestrian18

Not saying it is them, but these announcements tend to be pre-planned once all the legalities are out of the way. It's likely it's all done and dusted contractually way earlier. Practically, I would have thought they'd have announced signing to TaP and doing Eurovision as one comms package but it's possible I guess.

London Grammar do kick off a tour of Europe and Australia the week after Eurovision so what better way to do it than as winners of 2022 (I mean I'm 99.9% sure it's never going to happen but I'm going to dream for a short while!)

Chrisiam

Even if they didn't win, participation in the contest can be a massive boost to an artist's career if they get a decent result. They go from being a name on a poster you see online or in town that you pay no attention to, to "Oh! Those guys! They were at Eurovision, they were great! I wonder if there are still tickets available?".

Still, we'll find out next week when it is revealed on the radio with disinterested radio DJs trying to hype up someone who sang a line on a dance track five years ago and is friends with someone who is in Little Mix with a song that sounds great in your local McDonalds.

Top Bottom