I play those games my way and you'll be beggin'
"Please baby, don't go, don't go, don't go"

Dancin', dancin'
Think you, think you fancy
Tick-tock
Don't go, don't go, don't go​

Last edited by a moderator:

eren

At first I was deeply disappointed when Albina won Dora, but eventually started to appreciate the song more. It's an okay entry, somewhere in the middle of this, for now, weak year. However, we won't make it to the grand final anyways so whatever, but at least I won't be ashamed of my country's performance. At least I hope so...

Euterpa

Albina let people ask her questions in her Insta stories, and so far revealed that
- besides English, she speaks Spanish
- Stefan Orlić, her Dora stylist, will be her stylist for Eurovision, too
- her favourite Dora 2021 song is Colors by Bernarda
- her favourite ESC 2021 song is Voilà by Barbara Pravi :fr:
- she will have more dance moves in ESC than she had in Dora

crashworld

Veteran
Albina let people ask her questions in her Insta stories, and so far revealed that
- besides English, she speaks Spanish
- Stefan Orlić, her Dora stylist, will be her stylist for Eurovision, too
- her favourite Dora 2021 song is Colors by Bernarda
- her favourite ESC 2021 song is Voilà by Barbara Pravi :fr:
- she will have more dance moves in ESC than she had in Dora

Coming for the French votes. LOL. I hope she is able to juggle her vocals with the dance moves because she sounded pretty shaky/strained at the NF performance.

Euterpa

Coming for the French votes. LOL. I hope she is able to juggle her vocals with the dance moves because she sounded pretty shaky/strained at the NF performance.

I don't know, there were only 2-3 moments where her vocal could/should have been better/stronger imo, otherwise she was good vocally. Even that Honest Vocal Coach praised her, and she usually is honest. Albina did say she's aware she wasn't vocally perfect though and that she will work on it. :)

French votes can't help Albina much, unfortunately, France is not voting in our semi. :( But I very much hope they will get their chance in the final. :D

crashworld

Veteran
I don't know, there were only 2-3 moments where her vocal could/should have been better/stronger imo, otherwise she was good vocally. Even that Honest Vocal Coach praised her, and she usually is honest. Albina did say she's aware she wasn't vocally perfect though and that she will work on it. :)

French votes can't help Albina much, unfortunately, France is not voting in our semi. :( But I very much hope they will get their chance in the final. :D

But you have to consider that her dance routine for the NF was pretty simple and borderline non-existent. She was basically wiggling, swaying her booty and walking around the stage. If she is given more complicated/elaborated dance moves, I am concerned she may struggle more to get her vocals on point. Plus she is in the second half of the semi where there are far stronger female singers, she needs to nail her vocals and her staging to fend off the competition. While I applaud her for attempting more dance moves, but if it's at the expense of her vocals, then I'd rather they retain the NF routine and have the dancers do the work for her.

Euterpa

But you have to consider that her dance routine for the NF was pretty simple and borderline non-existent. She was basically wiggling, swaying her booty and walking around the stage. If she is given more complicated/elaborated dance moves, I am concerned she may struggle more to get her vocals on point. Plus she is in the second half of the semi where there are far stronger female singers, she needs to nail her vocals and her staging to fend off the competition. While I applaud her for attempting more dance moves, but if it's at the expense of her vocals, then I'd rather they retain the NF routine and have the dancers do the work for her.

I see what you're saying. Somehow I trust them that they wouldn't make it THAT difficult for her. I don't think those 2-3 moments that were weaker in her Dora performance were due to dance moves, as she didn't seem like struggling to catch her breath, her breathing was fine. The same parts that sounded a bit weaker to me in Dora, sounded a bit weaker in her acoustic version that she did on Narodni radio, where there wasn't any dancing going on. Some notes are just a bit too deep for her and "oh no" should have more volume in it so to speak, but it's a technical issue. I hope she will get the right advice on how to nail those notes.

As for the competition...I usually can't like a song if the vocals are bad (that's how Better Love went from my 3rd place to "I don't care how this song will rank), but these minor issues don't bother me. I wouldn't vote for a worse song just because the singer has better vocal abilities.

Mainshow

Veteran
"Rijeka" is finally on iTunes!!! - Just bought it and will place it onto my robbed NF entries playlister - right after Monument xheart

Euterpa

Tick-Tock is the most played song on radios in Croatia, and it's #1 in every region (I don't know when was the last time that this happened, but my guess is 15 or more years ago :lol:)

The performance video had been #1 on Croatia's YT Trending since it came out two weeks ago, it fell to #2 today (or yesterday evening, I don't remember clearly anymore xD).

Only 3 and half hours left untilt the premiere of the music video. Albina posted some shots and inserts in her Insta stories, they look amazing. Can't wait to see it all. Tick-tock... :D xcheerxcheerxcheer

kamc

I adore this entry and I’m kind of surprised it isn’t a lot more popular.
It sounds old-fashioned yet modern at the same time, but most important of all it has a real charm (unlike Cyprus, even though I enjoy that song too but the whole package is plastic and contrived within an inch of its life).
Albina just comes across as a very likeable performer too and I really hope Croatia will qualify for the grand final come May.

Brutalero

I read that there will be another version of the video with the Croatian part of the lyrics that was omitted here and I can't wait!

Euterpa

I read that there will be another version of the video with the Croatian part of the lyrics that was omitted here and I can't wait!

Oh! That's interesting, where did you read it? Maybe they'll send that English-Croatian version for the Eurovision's YouTube channel xthink

Mainshow

Veteran
The video is actually quite nice and I think that the song is growing on me. She needs to take care of her vocal control, though. I think that she was grating a bit when she's trying to belt the "Oh no, Oh no" parts (they sound way smoother in the studio version).

upgraded to :5:

Last edited:

Lighthouse

This is the first time in so many years that our Eurovision song is actually becoming a hit in Croatia. Urban radio stations are playing the original version, while local/smaller stations are playing the Croatian version. I'm genuinely happy to see people enjoying the song xcheer

njdevils94

Veteran
This is the first time in so many years that our Eurovision song is actually becoming a hit in Croatia. Urban radio stations are playing the original version, while local/smaller stations are playing the Croatian version. I'm genuinely happy to see people enjoying the song xcheer
Which version do you want as ESC or is it a mix of the two.

Welcome to the forum as well. :D

I bims

Veteran
Isn't it crazy what happens when you don't send something only a small group of elitists kind of care for and send something that a majority of people can actually get excited by? :'D

While I'm not a fan of the song I'm very happy to hear that it's well received in Croatia :D

crashworld

Veteran
The music video is alright, but I felt some parts of it felt a little low energy for such an upbeat song (like the parts where she just poses). It's nice to see that Croatia is picking up the hype after so long.

Top Bottom