It’s certainly time for a Super Saturday in Eurovision world! There are no less than EIGHT shows taking place this evening, and an announcement from Iceland thrown in for good measure!
Here’s how #YOU can keep on top of everything going on this evening around the continent…
ESTONIA – Eesti Laul Semi-Final 2 (18:30 CET)
Starting way back in November, this year’s bumper Eesti Laul is close to its conclusion. Tonight, the second semi-final of the Estonian contest will take place, with ten acts still in the running for tonight’s semi;
- Jyrise – Plaksuta
- Jaagup Tuisk – Kui vaid
- Boamadu – Mitte kauaks
- Evelin Samuel – Waterfall
- Black Velvet – Sandra
- Púr Múdd & Shira – Golden Shores
- Maian – Meeletu
- Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – What to Make of This
- Stefan – Hope
- Anna Sahlene – Champion
Four acts will qualify from the first round of voting from a combination of jury and televote, with a fifth qualifier decided on televote alone.
Unfortunately, Minimal Wind and Elisabeth Tiffany have tested positive for COVID-19, so will not be able to perform in tonight’s show live. Their music video will be shown instead.
Notable acts in tonight’s semi-final include returnees Jaagup Tuisk and Stefan, and Estonia’s 2002 representative on home soil, Sahlene (now performing under her full name Anna Sahlene).
#YOU can watch Eesti Laul’s second semi-final live from ERR’s stream HERE and join the conversation with Eesti Laul fans on our Estonia forum thread HERE!
ICELAND – Söngvakeppnin Artist and song announcement (20:50 CET)
While not strictly the start of the national final, Iceland’s national broadcaster RÚV will reveal the participants of this year’s Söngvakeppnin in a broadcast on Icelandic television this evening. Who will hope to follow in the footsteps of Daði Freyr and Gagnamagnið and their excellent 4th place finish at the 2021 contest?
ISRAEL – The X Factor Final (20:15 CET)
The search is almost over in Israel for their Eurovision act, as the final of The X Factor takes place this evening. Four singers remain and their Eurovision songs have been chosen. They are;
- Michael Ben David – I.M
- Eli Huli – Blinded Dreamers
- Inbal Bibi – Marionette
- Sapir Saban – Breaking My Own Walls
After performing a traditional X Factor cover song, one act will be eliminated. The remaining three will then perform their Eurovision songs before one is chosen to represent Israel in Turin.
ITALY – Sanremo Final (20:40 CET)
For more of our Sanremo coverage so far, click HERE.
The iconic Sanremo Festival has been running all week with high quality entries and a glimpse into what we can expect from a classy Italian hosting of Eurovision in May. With the artists performing all week, it’s time once more to hear the competing songs and find out which act will win the festival, and earn first refusal of defending the Italian colours on home soil in Turin.
The acts in this year’s competition are;
- Achille Lauro ft. Harlem Gospel Choir – Domenica
- Aka 7even – Perfetta così
- Ana Mena – Duecentomila ore
- Dargen D’Amico – Dove si balla
- Ditonellapiaga & Donatella Rettore – Chimica
- Elisa – O forse sei tu
- Emma – Ogni volta è così
- Fabrizio Moro – Sei tu
- Gianni Morandi – Apri tutte le porte
- Giovanni Truppi – Tuo padre, mia madre, Lucia
- Giusy Ferreri – Miele
- Highsnob & Hu – Abbi cura di te
- Irama – Ovunque sarai
- Iva Zanicchi – Voglio amarti
- La Rappresentante di Lista – Ciao ciao
- Le Vibrazioni – Tantissimo
- Mahmood & Blanco – Brividi
- Massimo Ranieri – Lettera di là del mare
- Matteo Romano – Virale
- Michele Bravi – Inverno dei fiori
- Noemi – Ti amo, non lo so dire
- Rkomi – Insuperabile
- Sangiovanni – Farfalle
- Tananai – Sesso occasionalle
- Yuman – Ora e qui
A number of familiar names have been taking part in this year’s competition, including Mahmood (Italy 2019) who has shot to the top five of the global Spotify charts with “Brividi”, his collaboration with fellow Italian rapper Blanco. There are also returns for former Italian Eurovision representatives Iva Zanicchi (1969), Gianni Morandi (1970), Massimo Ranieri (1971, 1973), Emma (2014) and Fabrizio Moro (2018 with Ermal Meta).
LATVIA – Supernova Semi-Final (20:05 CET)
Latvia kick off their annual Supernova competition tonight, with sixteen selected artists behing joined by a wildcard entry (Miks Galvanovskis) to make 17 total acts. Of these acts, ten songs will qualify after a combination of televoting and jury voting.
Tonight’s competing acts are;
- Citi Zēni – Eat Your Salad
- Miks Dukurs – First Love
- Linda Rušeniece – Pay Your Own Bills
- Elīna Gluzunova – Es pabiju tur
- Raum – Plans
- Patriks Peterson – Can’t Get You Outta My Head
- Mēs Jūs Mīlam – Rich Itch
- Katō – Promises
- Miks Galvanovskis – I’m Just a Sinner
- Markus Riva – If You’re Gonna Love Me
- The Coco’nuts – In and Out of the Dark
- Aminata – I’m Letting You Go
- Bermudu Divstūris – Bad
- Beatrise Heislere – On The Way Home
- Zelma – How
- Bujāns – He, She, You & Me
- Inspo – A Happy Place
LITHUANIA – Pabandom iš Naujo! Semi-Final 2 (20:00 CET)
In what has been an entertaining and diverse selection process thus far, we now reach the penultimate week of Lithuania’s Pabandom iš Naujo! 2022. Tonight, nine more acts will perform for four spots in next weekend’s final. They are;
- Mary Mo – Get Up
- Vilija – 101
- Urtė Šilagalytė – Running Chords
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – I’ll Be There
- Augustė Vedrickaitė – Before You’re 6ft Under
- Rūta Loop – Call Me From The Cold
- Titas and Benas – Getting Through This
- Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- Moosu X – Love That Hurts
NORWAY – Melodi Grand Prix Semi-Final 4 (19:50 CET)
One of the veteran selections of this year’s season, Melodi Grand Prix reaches its fourth and final full semi-final this evening, with four more acts set to take to the stage. They are;
- Alexandra Joner – Hasta la vista
- Maria Mohn – Fly
- Kim Wigaard – La Melodia
- Sofie Fjellvang – Made of Glass
- Subwoolfer – Give That Wolf a Banana (prequalified performance)
One of these acts will snatch the final golden ticket to the final, with the remaining three joining the race for a final wildcard spot; this battle takes places across next week in the ‘fifth’ semi-final.
Mikkel Niva, Kåre Magnus Bergh and Annika Momrak will once again host the show.
SLOVENIA – EMA Semi-Final 1 (20:20 CET)
With EMA Freš now wrapped up, Slovenia’s annual competition can get underway with its main stage. Tonight, the first semi-final of EMA will take place, with ten acts performing in tonight’s show;
- July Jones – Girls Can Do Anything
- David Amaro – Še vedno si lepa
- Le Serpentine – Tud teb se lahk zgodi
- Bowrain & Brina – Čas je
- Luma – All In
- Stela Sofia – Tu in zdaj
- Jonatan Haller – Obzorje
- Batista Cadillac – Mim pravil
- Zala Smolnikar – V ogledalu
- Manouche – Si sama?
A combination of jury voting and televoting will decide which six of these acts qualify to the final of the competition on 19th February.
SWEDEN – Melodifestivalen Semi-Final 1 (20:00 CET)
It’s back! Melodifestivalen makes its return to our screens this evening to brighten up those cold February nights! While the usual tour of the sights and arenas of Sweden has had to be scrapped for another year, the show nonetheless promises the usual quality, production and drama in the first night of Karin Gunnarsson’s first year as the head of the competition.
As is tradition, two songs will qualify to the final directly, although with a change; this year the winner of the semi will go to the final immediately, before another round of voting is opened for the remaining six songs. The winner of this vote will also reach the final, with 2nd and 3rd place heading to the newly branded fifth semi-final (second chance).
The seven songs taking part in tonight’s show are;
- Malou Prytz – Bananas
- Theoz – Som du vill
- Shirley Clamp – Let There Be Angels
- Omar Rudberg – Moving Like That
- Danne Stråhed – Hallabaloo
- Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer
- Robin Bengtsson – Innocent Love
Formel Melfest participant Oscar Zia will act as the main host across all shows, with Farah Abadi helping out as a green room host.
MATTITUDE LIVE STREAM
And once all of that is done, why not join Matt and guest Gabe to discuss the latest events in the Eurovision world and tonight’s show outcomes? They will be LIVE over on our YouTube channel, so make sure to join in later this evening. Be sure to subscribe and click the notification bell to know as soon as we go live!
Which show(s) will #YOU be watching tonight? Who are #YOU cheering on in the respective selection shows? Share your thoughts with us on our forum HERE or join the discussion below and on social media!