Norwegian broadcaster NRK has announced the names and song titles of the 15 candidates hoping to represent Norway at Copenhagen this year.
The Norway selection process for their Eurovision representative has undergone a change this year. Melodi Grand Prix 2014 will now consist of four live shows: three semi-finals consisting of five acts each, followed by a grand final the following week. More information on the candidates and song snippets can be heard here.
The shows will be broadcast on NRK1, and will be hosted by Jenny Skavlan and Erik Solbakken.
Semi Final 1
(Friday 7th March)
- Hilda & Thea Leora – Best Friend`s Boyfriend
- Mo – Heal
- Dina Misund – Needs
- Linnea Dale – High Hopes
- TIMBRE & Frikk Heide-Steen feat. Ida Stein – Frozen By Your Love
Semi Final 2
(Saturday 8th March)
- Cir.Cuz – Hele Verden
- Martine Marbel – Right Now
- Oda & Wulff – Sing
- Knut Kippersund Nesdal – Taste of You
- Charlie – Hit Me Up
Semi Final 3
(Sunday 9th March)
- Moi – Bensin
- El Cuero – Ain’t No Love In This City No More
- Ilebek –Who Needs the Universe?
- Elisabeth Carew – Sole Survivor
- Carl Espen – Silent Storm
(Saturday 15th March)
The three winners from the semi-finals will continue onto the final in order to battle it out for the chance to represent Norway.
What do you think of the new format? Let us know in our Norway 2014 forum.