Today marks the day where the Moldovan national broadcaster (TRM – Teleradio Moldova) finally ended their submission period. This means that the next stage is about to commence, and to stay with traditions, Moldova is about to have their annual (except 2021) live auditions.
Selecția Națională 2022
TRM opened for their submission period back in December, shortly before Christmas, along with a document that stated the rules for the selection process in the country. The current selection method states, that the national selection will be done in two stages. First stage will be to verify the submitted songs, which will take place in the upcoming days (between 25th and 28th of January), while the second stage will involve the live auditions that will be broadcasted to viewers (29th of January).
The rules do state as well that a national final could take place, which could include a semi-final and a final.
A total of 30 “songs” has been submitted, and they are all public on the official Moldovan hosted website. These are the 30 submitted acts and titles, that will be verified over the coming days:
- Ana Cernicova – “Silent Battlefield”
- Angel Kiss – “The Sunshine in Me”
- Annet Smirnova – “Toxic Eyes”
- Carolina Gorun & Danieli Shvets – “Take Me Anywhere”
- Denis Midone – “Run Away”
- Diana Elmas – “Spirit High”
- Dianna Rotaru – “My Time is Now”
- Emilia Vlas – “Yama”
- Ferum – “Love Is”
- Katy Rain – “Lele”
- LEMONIQUE – “Boys”
- Lanjeron – “Magic Carpet”
- Marcela Scripcaru – “Starlight”
- Maxim Zavidia – “READY”
- Mihaela Andrei – “Libre”
- Misscatylove – “Intro”
- Naminal – “Stop Tonight”
- Pelageya Stefoglo – “I’m The Only One”
- Ricky Ardezianu – “Cherche La Femme”
- SENDREI – “Beginner’s Luck”
- Sasha Bognibov – “(I Just Had) Sex with Your Ex”
- Sasha Bognibov – “My Friend is Gay”
- The Tramps – “Sky Blues”
- Trio EVA – “Get A Kiss”
- Tudor Bumbac – “Iarta-ma ca te iubesc”
- Valeria Barbas – “My Tree”
- Viola Julea – “Before (Twin Flame)”
- Viorela Moraru – “Tell Me That You Love Me”
- Y-LIMIT – “Nothing More”
- Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov – “Trenulețul”
The list features familiar names that has taken part in the Moldovan national selection in the past, however most noticeable would be Zdob și Zdub who are one of the few acts that has represented Moldova at the contest twice. The band became the first ever entrant to represent Moldova, when they represented the country in 2005 with the song “Boonika Bate Doba“. The Moldovan debut entry scored them a 6th place, which remained their best result until 2017.
The band then returned in 2011 with the song “So Lucky” which finished 11th in the final, becoming the first Moldovan act to return for the country. The remaining returning acts for Moldova are Sunstroke Project and Natalia Gordienko.
Will #YOU be watching the live auditions here in a few days and do #YOU think it’s worth the effort for Moldova to hold a national final? Lets hear what #YOU got to say about it all on our forum HERE or on our social media sites.