ERT is approaching the final stages of selecting the artist and song that will represent Greece at the 67th Eurovision Song Contest, set to take place in Liverpool, United Kingdom in May (9, 11 & 13).

After the Public Jury vote and the Christmas break, the time has come for the final decision. Meetings between the artists and their teams, along with ERT’s artistic committee and management, are expected to take place to finalize the selection.

During these meetings, the artists will meet with the ERT team for the first time and present any plans they have for stage appearance and promotion abroad. It should be noted that the Greek representative will be chosen by a 70-member Audience Committee, which will determine 50.6% of the verdict, with the remaining 49.4% belonging to the Artistic Committee from the Hellenic Radio and Television broadcaster.

According to various sources, the three remaining songs in the selection process for Greece’s Eurovision entry are “Shout Out,” an upbeat pop/rock song, “Liar,” a pop dance track, and “What They Say,” a mid-tempo ballad. Two groups evaluated these entries, a 70-member Audience Committee made up of members of the Greek public, and the ERT Jury Committee.

It is expected that ERT will publish the winner of the internal selection before the end of the month, but it is unknown if the song will also be released at that time.

What do #YOU think about the selection process so far?  Let us know on social media @ESCUnited, on our discord, or on our forum page!

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Alexandros
Load More In 2023

Leave a Reply

Check Also

🇨🇾 Cyprus: Dive Into Silia’s Eurovision 2024 Entry “Liar”!

Cyprus is gearing up for another dazzling performance on the Eurovision stage, and this ye…