Contact us

Your top 5 of the most annoying joke acts

Sammy

Veteran
Inspired by another discussion thread, here's were you can post which of the so called "joke-acts" annoyed you the most. To give I vague definition of the term, I'd say a joke act involves at least some of the following criteria:

- singing correctly is visibly not the main goal (or a goal at all) of the performer
- the lyrics are childish / have no clear sense or take themselves not seriously
- the music is minimalistic/repetitive/ without a clear melody and/or serves mainly contribute to the funny/unserious character of the act.
- the act involves a lot of gimmicks and/or especially funny/overdone costumes
- the act is explicitly satirical

Now I know that not all joke acts involve all of the criteria and also I'm aware that seriously meant entries could even have one or another of the things mentioned, but I just wanted to set a vague framework of what we mean when we talk about "joke acts".

randajad

Veteran
-Irlande Douze Points
-Baila el Chiki-chiki
-Wolves of the Sea
-Whatever Israel was doing in 2000
-Leto svet

I guess I just hate 2008 as a year :lol:

tuorem

I second [MENTION=6490]randajad[/MENTION] 's choices, especially Spain and Estonia 2008.

It may not 100% fit the joke-act mould, but "Marry Me" will remain one of my pet peeves, even though in August I got to meet Krista Siegfrids (selfies, autograph and all that good stuff) who is a charming and funny person. To all of you who might not know, I asked her if she got married eventually, she did but she had divorced already when we met :lol: She made fun of it, so that was actually funny.

By the way, her Melfest entry "Snurra Min Jord" was miles miles and miles better than her Eurovision entry imo. Sorry Krista, I hope you won't hold it against me! xoxo

Sammy

Veteran
For me, it would be

- Zdob si Zdub - So lucky
- Rambo Amadeus - Euro Neuro
- Laka - Pokusaj
- Anri Jokhadze - I'm a joker
- Kreisiraadio - Leto svet

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
leto svet x5