Contact us

Yeto-Ya-Yeto 228: Ariana Grande - yes, and?

Ewigkeit

Veteran
We're proud of them sis!

Greetings from Metaverse

Lenalite

After the loss of our sister-nation Emsfrynt and the fact that we have not been aligning well with what NSC has become musically as well as the fact that our national finals are not getting any interest anymore (in that only one nation who has signed up voted the last time), we are seriously considering withdrawal.

Are you bored of ŠČ? Would you rather see us make room for the upcoming nations who are in the WL? We are open for any type of criticism or brainstorming session.

x

unni

Veliky

NSC has become much more individualistic than before (so is the whole world maybe?) so one shouldn't expect a ton of implication and participation for other user interests. I blame myself too in this. Long gone are the days of people voting in NFs en masse, and spinoffs gathering 30+ participants. But it shouldn't put you off.
Personally, I choose my own songs, I vote in the shows, I enjoy the listening of new songs, and the fun of pretending I have my own country in an ESC-like universe. And that's about it. Don't overthink it.
No one is bored of ŠilČek, and you have your place here. I don't have any recommandation for you, except to keep it simple, and just vibe with NSC. :)

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
After the loss of our sister-nation Emsfrynt and the fact that we have not been aligning well with what NSC has become musically as well as the fact that our national finals are not getting any interest anymore (in that only one nation who has signed up voted the last time), we are seriously considering withdrawal.

Are you bored of ŠČ? Would you rather see us make room for the upcoming nations who are in the WL? We are open for any type of criticism or brainstorming session.

x

unni
Well, it's a decision that it's entirely up to you to make, ofc. However, since you're having doubts I've decided to give you some feedback. We are nations with a completely scenario to what sending songs are concerned. But I remember voting for what you've chosen and enjoying those songs. The opposite has also happened here and there. Considering how wide our taste in music can be, maybe you could send songs that you love and that better fit what NSC "has become"? :) Or otherwise just don't give a crap about that and just send what you love. :) For most nations, being in NSC is full of ups and downs, maybe you're going through a less brilliant moment right now, but it will eventually get good again. Not forgetting how fabulous you history in this contest is. Being in this contest is also supporting our faves. And it's exciting supporting the ones that suceed, even if your choices stay behind. If you still have nations which music taste you like and regularly support, then maybe you should also consder this point. We might be nations that are not likely to support each other on a regular basis but I wouldn't like to see you go. ;)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
While I think I voted for your entries more during your S&C/Ölanda/Hypjø days, you definitely bring something unique to NSC that I think we all would hate to lose. You have to follow your heart and do what feels best for you obviously, but you'd be missed around here for sure.

Schlagerman1

I understand your thoughts completly. I have also been in a dryspell, being in only 4 finals in the 20 last editions and also had a streak of 11 editions in a row without qualifying. It is rough, and it is not fun feeling that whatever you send is not worth it.
And yeah, some parts has been a bit lost of course. People that has been in the contest for a long time don't have the same time as before, with work and other things in life taking a lot of space as well. Same goes for me, who has had a lot of problems lately voting in both semis and has very little time in involving myself with the NFs. It sucks, but it is what it is.
Of course you need to really think it though and feel what feels right for you, but of course it would be really boring if you are going. But I totally understand if you will decide on leaving. But most of all, don't rush it, really think it through, maybe for several editions before making the final judgement. Maybe you feel the surge and the fun for NSC comes back again, which it always does for me after feeling down a few editions before. :)

Uto

Veteran

x

unni
NSC has a lot of members that are essentially dead weight in terms of participation. I try to join LLs but if I'm there it's me, Veronika, ferret and maybe 2 or 3 others. You are easily in the top half of members most likely to at least kick up some dust and get people involved. So yeah I can't say I would want to see you leave. But I would also recast your doubts as one that belongs in a list of many other similar statements made over the last couple months. OM is also losing members, as is WV, activity is down a bit everywhere. NSC has been a ghost town for too long and while it seemed to survive like that it's definitely feeling the chilling effects of ongoing erosion. This has very little to do with you personally and as such the lack of interest in your NFs for instance should not be taken as a personal slight.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Waiting Iist of Serenate & Clair, Ölanda, Hypjø, Šilček and Denise & James Earl?

Uto

Veteran
I liked the Hypjo flag so I want Hypjo.

Top Bottom