Contact us

WLSC 241 - Results on page 3 | Your Kettle's Symphony | Last Homely House, Endórë

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Oh right thought so... maybe the contest doesn't need to be kept alive in this format, potentially another one could be more fitting with fewer participants, such as a league contest. Anyway allowing NSC nations participate really makes me not want to return to WLSC.
You joined the WL, to get into NSC I presume? However you don't play in WLSC because there are NSC nations there. I must say I don't really understand the logic at stake here.

I can understand why it might be seen as strange, but it's a huge help when it comes to building relationships with main roster nations. With the current length (in terms of time) of the WL, I will even say that it is vital, otherwise we would have spent (and the current WLers would spend) years without main roster nations getting to know them. Kinda sad if you ask me.

If one day the majority of the WL wants to get rid of us in WLSC so be it, it should be their contest first and foremost, but the general feeling right now seems to be positive, to my utmost joy. I joined a few months before half of the current WL, and since then we had a lot of fun times playing together and with main roster nations. Now that I am in NSC I don't want to lose these relationships.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I gotta admit, I joined the WLSC for rather selfish reasons. There are some rules in NSC I don't like, which has been preventing me from including awesome songs in my Balearica Island history for years, and the spinoffs I want to fix that never get chosen. WLSC suddenly struck me as a solution. However, I was asked to join earlier as well, because there was a high probability that I would enjoy it. And that is true, a lot of nations in WLSC send music I like, and I usually need to leave out better songs from my top 10 than I do in NSC. The quality in WLSC is amazing at times, and some roster nations tend to send better songs to WLSC than to NSC (at least for my taste). ;) I didn't intend to join every edition of the WLSC after I joined, but so far I haven't missed any. This contest is simply too good to resist, and I only regret not joining earlier. I did think my entries would be better received in WLSC than they have been lately, but just like NSC, I'm not in this to win, I'm here to have fun. And I think we all are. :)

But I do see other benefits of allowing roster nations to compete here. I've been pretty vocal for about a decade (real life decade) about wanting to increase the size of the roster because of the length of the WL, but let's face it, that's never going to happen. The WLSC (at least for me) is like that third semi final hardly anybody wants to see in NSC. So a mix of WL nations and roster nations make completely sense to me. And I get to know the WL nations in a much better way than the occasional WL/reju points. :)

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Slayflopyreica has voted, we finally go back to a typical WLSC edition which I like
I love my top 2, especially the 12

Being the sole WLSC nation not being a fan of tea, the eliteness xheat

Uto

Veteran
Yeah if Hayashi only knew my opinion on tea...

We drink plenty of potatea in Utopolis though.

Uto

Veteran
And we're off. Tearraria in the lead. Uteapolis left side. Stuff is happenink.

Top Bottom