Contact us

Will we see more drag acts next year?

henhu

Well, as Conchita won this year, I expect at least 3 breaded woman/drag queens/transexuals next year :)

Dante

There has always been a tendency to copy the previous winner, might be possible. Do you guys remember when Ruslana won? That was the most obvious, in my point of view.

This year I had in my country a transgender, at the preselections, though, the public didn't like her. I don't know what others do in their countries, but as far as I know Romania, I don't think someone from the LGBT community will EVER get passed the public. It was a shock for me (in a good way) that we gave 8 points to Austria.

Cyberbliss

Here's hoping for lots of queer acts in 2015. And not only drag queens, I wanna see all kinds of fancy people, it's gonna be awesome!!! xwave1

Since I'm gonna be there, anywhere it is, I wanna see them too but mostly in the crowd! It's gonna be damn fun!!! As for the music, I still point at the good quality so... if the song is good, it doesn't matter how sparkling the performer is :lol:

Cyberbliss

This year I had in my country a transgender, at the preselections, though, the public didn't like her. I don't know what others do in their countries, but as far as I know Romania, I don't think someone from the LGBT community will EVER get passed the public. It was a shock for me (in a good way) that we gave 8 points to Austria.

If I remember well, I read about one Romanian rapper, maybe last year, who was a judge in a program like X-Factor or similar and went outspokenly homophobic. These are the things that scare me the most...

Dante

If I remember well, I read about one Romanian rapper, maybe last year, who was a judge in a program like X-Factor or similar and went outspokenly homophobic. These are the things that scare me the most...
Yes, it did happen last year.
It's sad, especially when they aren't agressive (such as Conchita, I haven't seen her saying bad things about others, even about the people who hate her).
What really annoyed me this year were the people pretending that they were saints. They were all so 'OH MY, IT'S AGAINST GOD'- and I've heared that from some who aren't even religious. I mean, how does that work? When you see a gay person you suddenly remember that you are actually a Christian, but when it comes to you, it doesn't really apply.

Cyberbliss

What really annoyed me this year were the people pretending that they were saints. They were all so 'OH MY, IT'S AGAINST GOD'- and I've heared that from some who aren't even religious. I mean, how does that work? When you see a gay person you suddenly remember that you are actually a Christian, but when it comes to you, it doesn't really apply.

Christianity is the easiest excuse that ordinary people can get to keep far from what they consider "different = dangerous". They just don't want to understand, because it makes them feel uncomfortable. The same Conchita did shock me a bit at the beginning, because even I, who live in Milan and am surrounded by gay friends of all means, am not accustomed to visually see a "woman with a beard". No one is.

But that's exactly the aim of Conchita's provocation: smart people go through it and begin seeing things in a harmless and joyous way; ignorant people, or people who are stuck in their inadequacy, throw their masks and simply shout at the scandal. They scare because they're louder than the others. It was indeed a very good way to determine hypocrites and fake friends from true supporters :p

As for Romania, I think it's just a matter of time. Acceptance always comes with patience and exposure; many Romanians live abroad and are becoming more tolerant, and that should be a richness to take back to their homeland. You can't change the flow... if you keep being stuck, you become frustrated, and frustration leads to violence. We all know well about that.

Dante

Christianity is the easiest excuse that ordinary people can get to keep far from what they consider "different = dangerous". They just don't want to understand, because it makes them feel uncomfortable. The same Conchita did shock me a bit at the beginning, because even I, who live in Milan and am surrounded by gay friends of all means, am not accustomed to visually see a "woman with a beard". No one is.

But that's exactly the aim of Conchita's provocation: smart people go through it and begin seeing things in a harmless and joyous way; ignorant people, or people who are stuck in their inadequacy, throw their masks and simply shout at the scandal. They scare because they're louder than the others. It was indeed a very good way to determine hypocrites and fake friends from true supporters :p

As for Romania, I think it's just a matter of time. Acceptance always comes with patience and exposure; many Romanians live abroad and are becoming more tolerant, and that should be a richness to take back to their homeland. You can't change the flow... if you keep being stuck, you become frustrated, and frustration leads to violence. We all know well about that.

I agree.

By the way--->

The patriarchs of the Serbian Orthodox church and of Montenegro have blamed devastating floods in the Balkans on Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst, saying “God sent the rains as a reminder that people should not join the wild side.”

Am I the only one who is seriously asking herself if we are in the Middle Ages?

Kaz

Even though we probably will get a drag act or two next year, it's all done. Conchita won, and while that's all well and good, the drag act will just be considered a gimmick. It's been done, we're over it now. Simple.

Top Bottom