63 69.2%
  • :au: Australia

82 90.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabrewulf238

Right now I'm thinking:

:dk::am::ee::cy::sl::ge::at::al::lt::au:

I think people are underestimating Denmark and Albania a bit. Albania because they have a good position and it's one of the few non english songs this year.

I debated between Armenia and Iceland because of Armenia getting the death slot, but I still think Armenia will make it through.....and Iceland is kind of giving me NQ vibes right now to be honest. I feel like it could get lost in the shuffle.

Synergise

My estimate for Semi 2:

CountryPointsHighest score received
:at: Austria171(12) - Denmark, Romania, Iceland, Slovenia, Rest-of-World
:au: Australia146(12) - Poland
:sl: Slovenia127(12) - Austria
:am: Armenia114(12) - Belgium, Georgia
:ge: Georgia112(12) - Ukraine, San Marino (Jury)
:cy: Cyprus96(12) - Armenia, Greece, Australia
:lt: Lithuania80(12) - Estonia, United Kingdom
:be: Belgium74(10) - San Marino (Jury)
:dk: Denmark56(10) - Iceland
:gr: Greece42(12) - Cyprus, Albania
:al: Albania41(10) - Greece
:pl: Poland30(8) - Ukraine, United Kingdom
:ee: Estonia27(12) - Lithuania
:is: Iceland23(10) - Denmark
:ro: Romania21(12) - Spain
:sm: San Marino0-

Last edited:

Synergise

This. Both Q to me but… who knows. It’s a semi where everything can happen.
This. I found this so much harder to predict than semi 1 because there aren't many standout songs that I think have broad appeal (which is why I have 10 different countries getting 12 points here). I think the staging is going to make or break a lot of these entries and most of my predictions are based on the entries I think will get the stage-show part right.

Ezio

Veteran
I have no idea where 12 televoting points from Austria could go in this semi. There is no Switzerland, no Germany and no big fan fave. Maybe Slovenia, maybe Australia, maybe Denmark? I wish Armenia.

12Pointsgoto.....

I have no idea where 12 televoting points from Austria could go in this semi. There is no Switzerland, no Germany and no big fan fave. Maybe Slovenia, maybe Australia, maybe Denmark? I wish Armenia.
My wild guess would be Slovenia, but maybe that is just me manifesting my ideal outcome.

lasse braun

🚜:ee::be::cy::at::ge::am::al::ro::sl::au:

KazNew

My estimate for Semi 2:

CountryPointsHighest score received
:at: Austria171(12) - Denmark, Romania, Iceland, Slovenia, Rest-of-World
:au: Australia146(12) - Poland
:sl: Slovenia127(12) - Austria
:am: Armenia114(12) - Belgium, Georgia
:ge: Georgia112(12) - Ukraine, San Marino (Jury)
:cy: Cyprus96(12) - Armenia, Greece, Australia
:lt: Lithuania80(12) - Estonia, United Kingdom
:be: Belgium74(10) - San Marino (Jury)
:dk: Denmark56(10) - Iceland
:gr: Greece42(12) - Cyprus, Albania
:al: Albania41(10) - Greece
:pl: Poland30(8) - Ukraine, United Kingdom
:ee: Estonia27(12) - Lithuania
:is: Iceland23(10) - Denmark
:ro: Romania21(12) - Spain
:sm: San Marino0-

My prediction is verrry similar to yours. Only difference is Albania instead of Greece (which is only a 1 point difference in yours). I'm also guessing that Estonia and Iceland will be this semi's fan fave flops.
I actually think that Cyprus could be a contender for top 3. Austria and Australia are probably locked for 1st and 2nd respectively (unless they do something terrible with the stagings), and there's honestly not many songs in this semi I can see catching up to them.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
ok so this semi is more interesting. I have not a clue who wins the semi. It could be anyone from Lithuania, Australia, Belgium, Armenia, Austria and Slovenia, and some of them might still NQ.

this semi has two guaranteed qualifiers: :lt: and :au:. There's no way either NQ. Lithuania have too many friends (and a VERY good qualification record in the televote) and Australia are closing with a fucking metal song.

Behind those two there's a big gap. :cy: i think are the third most safe by default because they're guaranteed 2 :12:'s, and :gr: is bad enough for all the hellene votes to flock towards Andrew instead. I'm apprehensive about ORF's ability to do Teyalena justice, so I'm cautiously placing :at: here. :sl: are stupidly underrated (have you heard the song?!) and will easily qualify i think, but again there's a chance europe just can't be bothered to care about Slovenia. roundin up this tier is :be: who have an excellent draw, a positive vibe and are stuck between two miserable ballads.The semi has a slow start, which will help Belgium kick it into motion.

OK so the borderlines. ALL OF THIS IS 100% STAGING DEPENDENT so take this with a several grains of salt.
:am: are here ONLY because I have doubts about Brunette's on-stage presence. She seems... a bit low energy? If she gets it together she Qs, if she's a lamus she does not. Too early to call which is which. I'm leaning Q though.
:gr: is here because they're getting the 12 from Cyprus and a goodish mark from Denmark. The song's fucking rotten enough to die in the semi in spite of diasporia ties :-) (is this where i point out that both times Greece NQ'd they were in the SAME semi as Cyprus?)
:ge:'s stupid nonsense could make it through on the merit of Iru's vocal prowess but well, you just read my assessment of her song. Could go either way.
On paper, :is:'s song has merit, but its current presentation is a hyperactive mess. Diljá needs a foil to triumph over (a choir, a dancer, an LED screen). If she gets this together, she could Q, carried by more than Denmark's :12:.
:ee: is on the cusp for being a screamy Tako-style ballad. could swing either way, I think it depends less on Alika's efforts and more on the above being worse than expected.
:ro: are an act I like, and Teodor is pretty charming but the response to his song has been negative AND he has a very unfortunate draw. It'll be close, but I'm leaning 11th rn. Still, :ro: are usually a televote qualifier (he is getting votes from Belgium and Spain), so he could sneak in.
:dk: are probably an NQ, in part because nobody seems to care and also in part because it's a rather underwhelming opener. Iceland are the only country giving this a high mark. Reiley could make it in by raking in a bunch of mid votes, at the expense of an Alika or an Iru, but I'm feeling it less atm.
:pl: have a wide diasporia but the diasporia HATES blanka and since they didn't show up for Rafal I fear for her odds. Also um, we know what she sounds like.
:al: have their fans but the Kelmendi's are very awkward live. There is a chance they find footing, but it's tiny.

no amount of divine (or satanic) intervention will save :sm: from last place.

tiers (in order)
Locks: :lt:, :au:
Qualifiers: :cy:, :at:, :sl:, :be:
Borderline: :am:, :gr:, :ge:, :is:
Probable NQs: :ee:, :ro:, :dk:, :pl:, :al:
DoA: :sm:

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Warner Music Poland will make sure they activate their SIM card army in all the subsidiaries of Warner from other countries to vote for Blanka. I realize the last time a Polish entry that is under Warner Music Poland is 2015.

Now watch Poland qualify!

Realest

In the right Order:

:sl: around 120 Points
:au: around 115 Points
:lt: around 105 Points
:at: around 100 Points
:ge: around 85 Points
:cy: around 80 Points
:ee: around 75 Ponts
:pl: around 70 Points
:be: around 65 Points
:am: around 60 Points

:gr: around 55 Points
:dk: around 50 Points
:al: around 40 Points
:is: around 35 Points
:ro: around 25 Points
:sm: around 10 Points

Citelis

Maybe something like that

1. :sl:
2. :at:
3. :au:
4. :al:
5. :be:
6. :am:
7. :cy:
8. :ee:
9. :ge:
10. :dk:
14. :ro:
15. :is:
16. :sm:

martin

I think Australia, Lithuania, Austria, Cyprus, Armenia, Slovenia and Georgia all is very likely to qualifly.
Australia: Last songs in the semi and also a songs who stand out. People in West give this many points
Lithuania: Well many friends. She can sing and a very startnumber. Lithuania is doing much better overal on televoting than jury
Austria: Odds favoritt number 1 and it sand out. I think this will qualifly easy. Even if i don,t like them at all
Cyprus: A good produsert swedish songs. That gives votes and he can sing
Armenia: A country who qualifly very often and this is the weak semi. Think this will get easy to final
Georgia: This stand out in the semifinal and also odds is very positive about this
Slovenia: Well i think this will get good points from balkan and also some points from Nordic, Baltikum, UK and Belgium. In the end Slovenia will made it

Borderline but think they will made it
Estonia: One of the best vocally and even if the songs is not of the best. I still think it will be enough who will vote for this because of Alika AWESOME vocal
Poland: Have some friends and we all know that Poland is very good to get votes from televoting. Even in 2018 they was 10 in semifinal televoting. and Tulia was cleary in televoting votes. This is not a very strong entry, but i think some people will like it and vote them in just
Greece: Well i think this get some young votes and also good score from Denmark, Albania, Cyprus and perhaps Slovenia. Maybe that will be enough to get final

Borderline but just out
Belgium: Don,t have many friends and no jury to help them. I just think they will be out (11). But i also could see easy this qualifly and getting a lot of votes from people who like soul and vote for it
Albania: Always difficult to guess songs like this. I could see country south europe love it, but in the end i,m afraid not going to get enough points

Don,t think they will made it
Denmark: I like it ok and probably popular for people around 13-25 years old. But i,m not sure this will get points from south and east. Only Iceland is a big friend. Also UK, Australia, Belgium, Estonia could vote for it but don,t think them will give big score
Iceland: Same like Denmark. Also think Lithuania, Estonia will win the ballad votes. I,m afraid this will get lost on the night
Romania: Odds don,t belive in this and only Spain could vote for it. Don,t see Europe will like it and they need a huge live performent to save it

Need a miracle
San Marino: Well a boyband with a very weak songs. Nearly any friends and with Slovenia with a much better songs. I don,t think at all this will work. Maybe the only songs i could see get 0 points?

Schlagerman1

I tried to count all the votes for the semi (which was much harder for this semifinal) and this is how I think the semi will end:

:at: 154p (12s from Romania, Estonia, Belgium, Poland, Slovenia, Spain and Rest Of The World)
:au: 129p (12s from San Marino and United Kingdom)
:cy: 118p (12s from Greece and Australia)
:dk: 99p (12 from Iceland)
:lt: 88p (12 from Ukraine)
:am: 87p (12 from Georgia)
:ge: 83p (12 from Armenia and Lithuania)
:gr: 77p (12 from Cyprus and Albania)
:ee: 75p (Highest: 10 from Lithuania)
:is: 61p (12 from Denmark)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
:al: 58p (12 from Austria)
:pl: 44p (Highest: 8 from Ukraine)
:sl: 37p (Highest: 10 from Austria)
:ro: 26p (Highest: 8 from Spain)
:be: 20p (Highest: 7 from Iceland)
:sm: 3p (Highest: 3 from Estonia

SpiritofKeiino

I keep changing my mind on this but right now I think Denmark is borderline qualifying. Not my style of music whatsoever but I can see a younger crowd going for this.

ati0111

Final prediction before rehearsals:
1. Austria
2. Cyprus
3. Slovenia
4. Armenia
5. Lithuania
6. Georgia
7. Australia
8. Belgium
9. Estonia
10. Greece
----------------
11. Denmark
12. Albania
13. Iceland
14. Poland
15. Romania
16. San Marino

rasmuslights

Veteran
Prediction before the rehearsals:

1. Slovenia
2. Austria
3. Cyprus
4. Armenia
5. Lithuania
6. Denmark
7. Australia
8. Greece
9. Estonia
10. Poland
----------------------------------------
11. Georgia
12. Albania
13. Iceland
14. Belgium
15. San Marino
16. Romania

I can see Georgia kind of qualifying. I also want Iceland but I don't think that's happening.

Poland is a surprise q imo.

Top Bottom