Contact us

Which Countries have you visited?/Want to visit?

SRBIJA

Banned
Ok, :mk: is kinda mysterious to me. I hardly know anything about it and I may be tempted to visit it someday.

Well yep, Macedonia being one of the smallest landlocked European countries makes it pretty much forgotten. I was there 8 or 9 times I don't even know, every time we went to :gr: on summer holiday actually :p. Most of the time we just drove through it but we made stops couple of times and I quite liked it. Skoplje was a lovely city with friendly people and one of their resaurant had GREAT food. :lol: Scenery you will see while driving on the highway is also quite enjoyable with all the mountains around. Oh and the thing you probably shouldn't miss is Ohrid Lake. I have never been there but some people I know did + plus according to the pictures it looks lovely. :D

tuorem

Well yep, Macedonia being one of the smallest landlocked European countries makes it pretty much forgotten. I was there 8 or 9 times I don't even know, every time we went to :gr: on summer holiday actually :p. Most of the time we just drove through it but we made stops couple of times and I quite liked it. Skoplje was a lovely city with friendly people and one of their resaurant had GREAT food. :lol: Scenery you will see while driving on the highway is also quite enjoyable with all the mountains around. Oh and the thing you probably shouldn't miss is Ohrid Lake. I have never been there but some people I know did + plus according to the pictures it looks lovely. :D
Lake Ohrid is a must! And people are so friendly, one of my favorite places ever.

I'll keep the Ohrid lake in mind then :) Yes, I do think too that Macedonia (FYR of course :mrgreen:) is far from being popular, don't know why. You two were lucky to go there, it must hide some beautiful places. Do you know what is the foreign language people are most likely to speak there? Greek maybe?

For the time being, Macedonia isn't on my shortlist yet, but I'll go someday. I've read somewhere on the forum that Croatia was the place to go because it was trendy at the moment... It is right (in France at least). Everyone has an opinion, I don't share that one: I mean, I'll go to Croatia someday too, but because I think it's a marvelous destination, not because it is a must-see right now. Like Slovenia that's not really a common destination for French people, well, I spent an amazing time there, I think Macedonia would be as nice. All that to say Europe has lots of different gems spread across its territory, some are very shiny and noticeable whereas some are a little bit raw but still worth admiring.

kopachka

:hr: ;)
:ba: Banja Luka, Sarajevo, Mostar... and many more (my family comes from Bosnia)
:rs: Čelarevo, Novi Sad, Beograd, Pančevo, Vranje
:at: Vienna, Innsbruck, Graz, Klagenfurt, Karwendelhaus
:be: Hasselt, Brussels, Bokrijk, Genk
:fr: Nice
:de: Munich, Ottobrun
:it: Pisa, Venice, Gardaland
:mc: Monte Carlo
:sl: Šentjur pri Celju, Ljubljana, Celje, Velika planina, Dramlje, Planina
:es: Barcelona, Lloret de Mar, Girona, Montserrat
:ch: Zürich, Zug, Altdorf
:tr: Istanbul, Karabük, Safranbolu, Amasra, Sarıkamış, Kars, Ani ruins
:lv: Riga, Daugavpils, Preiļi, Kalupe, Višķi
:me: Ulcinj
:al: Shkodër, Velipojë, Krujë
:mk: Ohrid, Struga, Skopje
:hu: Budapest
:sk: Košice, Trebišov
:us: New York, Tarrytown
:ro: 2 Mai, Vama Veche
:pl: Katowice, Krakow, Zakopane, Auschwitz-Birkenau

My update since the middle of September last year :)
I was only few metres away from Armenian border when I visited Ani ruins.
Maybe this year I'll visit more of Romania or Poland... Or something unexpected, depends on money I'll get. :)

Israeliboy

LOL UPDATED LIST (As a flight attendant now):

:fr: Paris
:uk: London
:es: Barcelona
:ch: Zurich
:de: Berlin
:pl: Warsaw, Gdnask, Krakow, Lodz
:no: Bergen
:se: Stockholm
:us: NYC, Los Angeles
:th: Bangkok
:za: Johannesbourg
::na HongKong
:in: Mumbai

Romeo

:mt: All over
:uk: Liverpool, Manchester, London, Gibraltar, Birmingham, Cardiff, Windsor,
:ro: Cluj, Dej
:ie: Cork, Dublin
:es: Barca, Lloret, Salou, Malaga
:tr: Datca
:no: Oslo
:bg: Sunny Beach
:dk: Copenhagen
:hr:/:yu: Dalmatia

SRBIJA

Banned
:rs: Subotica, Novi Sad, Belgrade, Smederevo, Užice, Bor, Niš, Kragujevac, Kraljevo, Kruševac ..
:hr: Dubrovnik
:me: Podgorica, Bar, Herceg Novi
:mk: Skoplje
:bg: Sofia, Kiten, Nesebar
:gr: Corfu, Chanioti, Thessaloniki ...
:at: Vienna, Salzburg, Faistenau
:hu: Budapest
:de: Munchen
:ba: Sarajevo

Hoping to add :nl: :uk: :se: :dk: :fr: :es: :it: soon

IncognitoGH

Planning on going to Tallinn with my girlfriend for a short break. If anybody has been there or lives there, then feel free to tell me of things to do and see :)

Carrie

:uk: :en: ::eang :lond:
Northern%20Ireland.png
Gibraltar.png
:es: ::ctln :it: :fr: :cy:

NikkiBoy

Re: CYPRUS 2015 - Giannis Karagiannis - One thing I should have done

Just bought my vacation this summer to :cy: Cyprus, Larnaca.
Someone who's been there? Is there lovely? And freakin' hot? xheyaxheat

SRBIJA

Banned

Just bought my vacation this summer to :cy: Cyprus, Larnaca.
Someone who's been there? Is there lovely? And freakin' hot? xheyaxheat

Actually just saw a documentary about it here on the TV, and it really looks like a little paradise. I haven't been myself but based on what I saw you definitely won't regret going there. :D Have fun :mrgreen:

NikkiBoy

Actually just saw a documentary about it here on the TV, and it really looks like a little paradise. I haven't been myself but based on what I saw you definitely won't regret going there. :D Have fun :mrgreen:

I'm going to Ayia Napa instead, and here's the hotel me and my boyfriend is gonna stay for a week, Cyprus is just PARADISE!! :cool:
http://faroshotel.com.cy/

tuorem

I hope you'll have a nice trip [MENTION=9974]NikkiBoy[/MENTION] xwave the location you chose looks heavenly! Cyprus in summer must be wonderful. xheat

I'm also planning to travel this summer but I still don't know whether I should go to :sc: or :sk:. Quite not the same kind of destination, I know :mrgreen:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm going to Ayia Napa instead, and here's the hotel me and my boyfriend is gonna stay for a week, Cyprus is just PARADISE!! :cool:
http://faroshotel.com.cy/

I'm sure it will be fun at night, with the amazing nightlife it has there. :D

I hope you'll have a nice trip [MENTION=9974]NikkiBoy[/MENTION] xwave the location you chose looks heavenly! Cyprus in summer must be wonderful. xheat

I'm also planning to travel this summer but I still don't know whether I should go to :sc: or :sk:. Quite not the same kind of destination, I know :mrgreen:

:sk: risk it for a chocolate biscuit!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I could have sworn I've done a list on here somewhere, but apparently not.

I've visited
:uk::en: Manchester, Blackpool, London, Brighton, Rye & Hastings (Can't remember anywhere else)
:fr: Paris
:es: Barcelona
:us: Orlando, Miami & Charlotte

I'm Going too...
:nl: Amsterdam - I finally got round to booking it, i'm going in June.

I would like to visit
:de:
:at:
:no:
:se:
:is:
:ca:
:au:
:us: (again)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That's unexpected coming from a Brit :lol: You kind of validate my first choice, so, Scotland will most likely wait :mrgreen:

I'm sure Slovakia is much more interesting than Scotland.

Top Bottom