Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

Mainshow

Veteran
Quite a surprising host city but well done, Liverpool seemed to have the best package - hopefully, Glasgow will have another shot someday.

The logo is not the final one - so who knows - I´d love to see the UK flag in there as well.

EscUKFan

Quite a surprising host city but well done, Liverpool seemed to have the best package - hopefully, Glasgow will have another shot someday.

The logo is not the final one - so who knows - I´d love to see the UK flag in there as well.
I’m sure/hope Glasgow will host when they win as an independent country not too far down the line! ;):sc:

FilipFromSweden

YAY! I just booked hotel and flights, can't wait for this lowkey shitty year to be over and for Eurovision to begin.

FilipFromSweden

I will say I was 90% sure it was going to be Glasgow, it just felt like a classic EBU favorite - charming venue with a clear identity, everything being so close to the arena, lots of hotels and infrastructure close to it, the way EBU has wanted to showcase other sides of countries other than the most well known - Scotland rarely gets a chance to shine. I'm excited to experience Liverpool though

Romeo

Liverpool - husavik

You are all welcome to come and PARTAYYYYYY

Romeo

It's kinda just hit me tonight that I'll finally get to meet so many of my buddies from this site next year. Not a bad way to mark my 40th I guess xheat xlove
It warms my heart to know I’ve touched your heart in such a way. And yes I understand your excitement about meeting me. I am a delight 😂

HarryUK

I’m sure/hope Glasgow will host when they win as an independent country not too far down the line! ;):sc:
I mean the SNP probably didn’t help Glasgow’s bid. The government funded BBC were hardly going to give Nicola Sturgeon a stick to beat the Union with.

Congrats Liverpool!

Romeo

I mean the SNP probably didn’t help Glasgow’s bid. The government funded BBC were hardly going to give Nicola Sturgeon a stick to beat the Union with.

Congrats Liverpool!
But Nicola sturgeon has been nothing but polite about the U.K. she is a patriot and would love the U.K. to succeed… oh wait.. that’s a lie…

Ezio

Veteran
Glasgow just hosted the Eurovision saga, so I am fine with Liverpool. Actually I think Liverpool is perfect. And the technical logo with the Ukrainian flag is nice.

HarryUK

I find the logo a bit messy if I’m honest, like it’s too wordy

theditz83

Veteran
Glasgow just hosted the Eurovision saga, so I am fine with Liverpool. Actually I think Liverpool is perfect. And the technical logo with the Ukrainian flag is nice.
I'm sorry, what??

Are you suggesting that Liverpool deserved to host the contest more because Will Ferrell chose to film some scenes for a Netflix film outside the Hydro in Glasgow?

The contest in the film is actually "set" in Edinburgh, so your point is kinda moot, but yeah - I don't think a film is the same as hosting the actual real-life contest. :lol:

Best of luck Liverpool - all eyes on you, and I'm sure it'll be a cracking occasion xheart

Ezio

Veteran
Yes

Ezio

Veteran
According to yourself, the Eurovision 2023 should be held in Austria. And I am not mad about it either. :cool:

Romeo

I'm sorry, what??

Are you suggesting that Liverpool deserved to host the contest more because Will Ferrell chose to film some scenes for a Netflix film outside the Hydro in Glasgow?

The contest in the film is actually "set" in Edinburgh, so your point is kinda moot, but yeah - I don't think a film is the same as hosting the actual real-life contest. :lol:

Best of luck Liverpool - all eyes on you, and I'm sure it'll be a cracking occasion xheart
We will host the best Eurovision ever. I live here. Are you somehow suggesting that somewhere I live wouldn’t produce the best of the best? It’s me! I’m practically perfect in every way 😂

Romeo

We will host the best Eurovision ever. I live here. Are you somehow suggesting that somewhere I live wouldn’t produce the best of the best? It’s me! I’m practically perfect in every way 😂
I say ‘practically’ perfect to pretend I’m in some way I’m humble… I’m not 😂

theditz83

Veteran
Not at all. I know that Liverpool Romeo will host an amazing edition, but I also strongly disagree that Glasgow didn't deserve the hosting gig because it was shown for a few seconds on a Netflix film themed around Eurovision.

Working in the travel industry, it's so infuriating seeing tour operators promise agencies in private travel trade support groups online that "they have tickets" and will be "releasing packages within a couple of weeks". I'm likely going to get myself banned from commenting and saying that no-one can guarantee any tickets yet, and if they are they are lying :lol:

musicfan

I will say I was 90% sure it was going to be Glasgow, it just felt like a classic EBU favorite - charming venue with a clear identity, everything being so close to the arena, lots of hotels and infrastructure close to it, the way EBU has wanted to showcase other sides of countries other than the most well known - Scotland rarely gets a chance to shine. I'm excited to experience Liverpool though
It's not about countries, as much as those obsessed with playing politics want to make it about that. It's about regions, and Northern England doesn't get that many chances to shine either. The only people surprised seem to be some outside the UK, there are many more cities in England than just London and it covers 56 million people. It makes you wonder why outsiders didn't support either Wales or Northern Ireland.

Loindici

Veteran
Is Liverpool considered Northern England?

Top Bottom