Contact us

When do you started watching Eurovision ?

Fluke

Pretty sure i never watched an entire show in the 80s. Watched it a few times in the 90s, really got tired when Ireland won three times in a row, don't think i watched it once after that. DID watch in 2000 and 2002, probably not 2001 because i don't remember it at all, nor 2003 or 2004. Since 2005 i've watched it every year, and been in the online ESC community in one way or another since 2007, which was also the first year i watched the semi.

Dessi

My ESC-journey began in 1974 with ABBA and Waterloo. :D:D

Juhis

1974 is mine too! Then I became real ESC-fan, but the first ESC- show that I watched was in 1971, when I was 7 years old.

realist

2008, main songs from this year that I remember are: :gr: :pl: :ru: :es: and :ua:

blue00eyes

I saw Eurovision for the first time in TV in 2007 as a random, casual viewer. Georgian "Visionary Dream" was the first Eurovision song I've listened to.
I remember I really wanted Verka to win and I was very dissappointed he ended up 2nd... I also liked "Time to party" a lot and I hated "Molitva" :oops:
Don't really remember when and why I started to love Eurovision. ;)

Kairit

I remember some parts of the 2004 contest, but the first one I really remember is 2005 with My Number One winning and Vanilla Ninja representing Switzerland so everyone was rooting for them. I was quite little then, but I remember staying up very late watching it. :D After that I remember watching every contest as well, but the year I became more invested and interested in it was 2010. :D

ZoboCamel

2007 here. My dad had apparently watched the contest on and off for years, and one night he had it on in the loungeroom on TV and called me in to laugh at Dancing Lasha Tumbai along with him (so I only caught the second half of the show). I enjoyed it enough to tune in again in 2008 and watched the whole thing with him, but I wasn't the biggest fan of many of the songs this year (and it remains my weakest year since I started watching). I gave it another chance in 2009, this time dragging the family in too (me, Dad, Mum and my sister), and we all enjoyed it, though Mum and my sister wandered in and out as it went on. 2010 was the first time we all stayed for the whole thing, and we loved a lot of the songs. From there on I've gotten more into it each year - I looked up some info on the artists a month beforehand and joined forums in 2012, listened to the songs before the contest and checked a backlog of national finals for the first time in 2013, and finally started keeping up with blogs and national selections last year. And so here I am. :)

Top Bottom