Contact us

Voting System for 2017?

Which voting system for 2017?

• 100% jury vote

0 0.0%
  • Finalists vote as normal (presenting 1-8, 10, 12) then combine the semi-finalists' votes together

0 0.0%

• Total voters

Romeo

What voting system should be used for the 2017 contest?

1. 2016 (2 sets of votes given - Jury as normal then combine televotes)
2. Normal 50/50 (combine the jury and televotes together and present them as one score)
3. 100% televote
4. 100% jury vote
5. Finalists vote as normal (presenting 1-8, 10, 12) then combine the semi-finalists' votes together
6. None work.. something totally different

Romeo

Personally i think we should revert back to the system from last year. I didnt like the voting system last night it was annoying more than anything

Mii11

Even though I was initially opposed to it, I think 2016 system is the best one we have had so far. Im hoping they will stick with it next year

EscGeek

Veteran
same as this year,just bring back :8: and :10: points announcments

WhoKnows

same as this year,just bring back :8: and :10: points announcments

This.

Another thing I would change is have each jury give his top 10 instead of ranking all 26. That way divisive songs wouldn't be punished and you couldn't artificially take a song out of the ranking.

I enjoyed the new system of voting, I just think it would work better to announce the 8&10 as well as increasing the size of the juries.

GlamSIMorous

To me the thing that HAS to change is what goes on backstage, how the juries rate, their location, the way they fill their formular. I dont know. The procedure of the presentation of the points was AMAZING this year, however looking at the scoreboard carefully I have the feeling not everything went fair there. :mad:

Dutchball

Yeah the jury part of voting could do with some restructuring. As we saw from the Russian jury video juries are supporting entries because of the country instead of the song. A jury member who does this is responsible for 20% of the jury score, which I consider too much. Firstly the jury should be expanded to 10 people, so voters like the one I just mentioned have less influence on the final score, which is now more fair/genuine.
I also think jury voting should become more formal. Juries shouldn't know who is on the jury with them so they can't make deals like "let's put (country) in X-th place" On voting nights I think jury members should either be separated or watched over by an EBU official.

As for televoting, it's great to see what the people think, but diasporas are a problem. Poland got third in televoting and I don't think that's just because everyone considered the song great. If we keep the 2016 system this problem will get bigger as countries like these will be awarded many televoting points. They only need half a good song to impress juries and crack the top 3.

Let me know what you think.

CaspianMortis

Revert to the system of last year. This new system allows diaspora voting to ruin the contest!

This is what caused Australia to be robbed this year!

DanielLuis

I support the current system. It's the one that is truly 50% televote 50% jury vote.

Hayato

The 2016 system except something like 35%-75% in favour of the people would be a better reflection of Europe's favourite in my opinion.

Sammy

Veteran
This, please. Also, the spokesperson could in the same time announce the televoting results, separetly just after the juries results.

At the time of the jury results announcement, the televote is still being counted. Thats why the interval between the closing of the lines and the announcement was so short. That's were they actually save time.

Dutchball

http://wiwibloggs.com/2016/05/16/armenia-jury-vote-grand-final-called-question/142113/

This just stresses the need for jury restructuring. If something like this (juries share the same top/bottom few) we either have a strange coincidence or some deals have been made between jury members or delegations, me thinks. If the jury part of voting would be stricter, when nobody knows any of the other jury members until after the show, I think this wouldn't happen :?

Franco

I'm in favour of the new system of keeping the jury vote and the televote separated, but I would like back the :8: :10: :12: announcement of the jury vote from the spokespersons and they should show, however briefly, where the televotes come from.
If it takes more time, then just remove one of the interval acts. Those, I could do without.

ParadiseES

Voted "none work...something totally different". The voting system will not be perfect until EBU accepts me to decide the whole ranking. That's the only system I wouldn't be disappointed with the results.

MyHeartIsYours

I've voted "none". I like 2016 style, just swap the televote and jury vote around, and replace national juries with one international jury. Let the people be the voice of the nations, let the jury be the voice of Europe.

Sammy

Veteran
I've voted "none". I like 2016 style, just swap the televote and jury vote around, and replace national juries with one international jury. Let the people be the voice of the nations, let the jury be the voice of Europe.

Any ideas how to select the members of the international jury? I like the idea, but it seems difficult. If you choose members from participating countries, they'll be biased. If you choose members from non participating countries, you'd probably have to look for them in non-european countries. So they won't be "the voice of Europe", as you say.

EliGrant6

Any ideas how to select the members of the international jury? I like the idea, but it seems difficult. If you choose members from participating countries, they'll be biased. If you choose members from non participating countries, you'd probably have to look for them in non-european countries. So they won't be "the voice of Europe", as you say.

I like the idea of an international jury, but not having them replace the national juries. I think each associate member of the EBU should be allowed to send a jury member to make up the jury, so that all of the EBU, associate members included, can be represented.

I also came up with an alternate method for the juries to give their points. Since there's been so much discussion of the televote having more say , I came up with the "70/30" method. The televote will remain the same, warding the top 10 songs 12 to 1 points. The juries on the other hand only award points to their top 5 songs, giving 10 points to #1, 7 points to #2, 5 points to #3, 3 points to #4 and 1 point to #5. With this method, Ukraine would have still come first with 469 points, Russia would have come second with 424 points, and Australia third with 386. (The whole score using this method should be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dfTNTzihE2X4g5BFebx5dqWiNEpZTWYymGt8j446nQo/edit#gid=0)

I also think that the way the points were presented as great, but instead, the televote points should be presented with the national spokespersons and the jury points presented by the hosts. Let me know what you think :)

Brandt

I always wanted juries to be gone. But this year's voting progress was amazing. I want jury votes to stay, just to make it more exciting. But I want spokespeople to present televote, not 5 people's politically effected music taste.

Top Bottom