Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

Ajeje Brazorf

Lass Ihn (Switzerland 1998) is the most undeserved "nul points" entry ever in the history of the Eurovision song contest. It was a totally fine song which deserved to score some points.

MopManMoss

Veteran
UK's best entry in the last decade is Children of the Universe.
g0Surwv.png

Ajeje Brazorf

Every single Swedish entry from 1988 to 1995 is worst than the actual runner-up in Melodifestivalen. Bold take I guess, because some of the entries of Sweden in that period are good, but I think the runners up are actually better.

Last edited:

krivac

Birth of a New Age was Netherlands' lowest point at ESC. Not Sieneke or Shine.
African music has no place in Eurovision.

R,c,st

R,c,st

Ajeje Brazorf

2022 Grand Finale results are the worst results EVER in the history of Eurovision, since 1956 (all of them: the split ones and the overall results). That's my Christmas' Eve unpopular opinion.

2022 Grand Finale results are the worst results EVER in the history of Eurovision, since 1956 (all of them: the split ones and the overall results). That's my Christmas' Eve unpopular opinion.
Your country should have come last in 2021

Ajeje Brazorf

I didn't dislike and don't dislike "Ik ben Verliefd" and I still don't get why that song got all that hate: it's not a competitive song but we saw waaaaaay worse entries in the years.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I disagree...

I did not care for the song (loved Grow though). But any kind of music is welcome at esc if it's not a joke.

This is my unpopular opinion (or popular idk); I hate anything that thinks it's funny but it's not - to clarify I do not consider every act with humour a joke entry (for example Finland 2023 or Moldova 2022) but entries like Montenegro 2012, Ukraine 2007, Austria 2012, Montenegro 2017... should just stay away from the contest.

Sim

I don't agree. I think 2011 was way worse than Birth of a New Age.
Sieneke was nice, but the song was in Dutch and a bit weird I presume.

Shine could be a good song, but I really hated the act

I disagree...

I did not care for the song (loved Grow though). But any kind of music is welcome at esc if it's not a joke.

This is my unpopular opinion (or popular idk); I hate anything that thinks it's funny but it's not - to clarify I do not consider every act with humour a joke entry (for example Finland 2023 or Moldova 2022) but entries like Montenegro 2012, Ukraine 2007, Austria 2012, Montenegro 2017... should just stay away from the contest.
Ukraine did deserve DNQ in 2007
That wold teach them to wise up

Ajeje Brazorf

"Un giorno mi dirai" by Stadio is one of the best Sanremo winners of last 15 years and despite them not participating in ESC in 2016 I still believe they would have done as good as Francesca if they participated (around mid table in the Grand Finale).

Sammy

Veteran
I do not consider every act with humour a joke entry (for example Finland 2023 or Moldova 2022) but entries like Montenegro 2012, Ukraine 2007, Austria 2012, Montenegro 2017... should just stay away from the contest.

Tragically, Trackshittaz didn’t consider themselves a joke act either! They genually thought they were a cool party act.

Top Bottom