9 6.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
Ive realised what put me off so much, the bells at the beginning reminded me of Steps
It's not a Eurovision UK thread without a mention of Steps appearing out of thin air

Hy Dranger

It's not a Eurovision UK thread without a mention of Steps appearing out of thin air
Could be worse like Bucks Fizz: but hopefully he won't be ripping his skirt off in the live performance.

The first band that comes to my mind with this song is the Pet Shop Boys (showing my age perhaps!), it's slick but the chorus is bland, an interlude between the verses when it should be an exclamation mark, making the whole thing an anticlimax.

MopManMoss

Veteran
How did you get Steps from that? It’s a blatant nod to the Pet Shop Boys!
Dizzy obviously screams pet shop boys the synths are nearly identical but the bells give me horrible flash backs to tragedy by steps for whatever reason

Ted Talks

We have post traumatic stress. Be kind to us.
That would be the only reason that could potentially justify people on the previous forum I frequented who seriously suggested (pre Sam Ryder) that getting UK drag queens from RuPaul with a song called ‘Life’s a Drag’ or something like that would win because Conchita had won…. :rolleyes:

It was a strange place tbf, but then again I used to get shouted down for saying we shouldn’t go down the cheesy route…

HarryUK

Veteran
That would be the only reason that could potentially justify people on the previous forum I frequented who seriously suggested (pre Sam Ryder) that getting UK drag queens from RuPaul with a song called ‘Life’s a Drag’ or something like that would win because Conchita had won…. :rolleyes:

It was a strange place tbf, but then again I used to get shouted down for saying we shouldn’t go down the cheesy route…
I'm still not against a RuPaul's Drag Race entry ngl. Think it would smash the televote

Ted Talks

I'm still not against a RuPaul's Drag Race entry ngl. Think it would smash the televote
If it wasn’t a song that was all knowing and full of Scooch style nods and winks to bring camp - ala Conchita’s Bond theme-style song, I might agree.

I fear we’d be lazy and make it all about ‘slaying the night away’ or stereotypical stuff like that. :rolleyes: So it’s a no from me.

If it’s a good song that happens to be sung by a drag queen(s), I’d be more open to it. But I wouldn’t want a song that is just about them as drag queens. Conchita’s song in its own right is a good song - it just happens to be sung by a drag queen.

SpiritofKeiino

Dizzy isn't a bad song, but everytime I hear it I can't stop thinking of 'It's A Sin' by the Pet Shop Boys and wanting to listen to it. The 2 songs sound similar imo.

Ted Talks

Dizzy isn't a bad song, but everytime I hear it I can't stop thinking of 'It's A Sin' by the Pet Shop Boys and wanting to listen to it. The 2 songs sound similar imo.
Olly is clearly influenced by them. Then again Years and Years did do a song with Pet Shop Boys a couple years ago which I enjoyed. I think ever since then Olly has really stepped up the Pet Shop Boys kind of sound.

https://youtu.be/RokbHjyPbyk?si=b5lZb42mEE0QfA2q

ArmpitOfEurope

Considering its market, this is not getting the attention that I expected on streams, odds and generally in the fandom. I feel like its being underrated, but I kinda get it as there are many strong male entries this year ( like Switzerland, Belgium ) that kinda overshadow this. Its not a bottom 6 entry for sure tho, and if it ends up there, the british localz will be right this time 😭

ArmpitOfEurope

blue00eyes

It's genuinely a great pop song. People underestimate its chances and overall quality so I hope that at least juries will recognize it.

Top Bottom