9 6.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HarryUK

Veteran
It’s definitely far better than the shower of disappointment that was released earlier (now yesterday!)

JenJen94

I think it's a great bop, I really like it and I'm happy this is our entry! Will it win? I don't know, can see at least a top 10.

But Its a good tune and I think with the correct staging its really gonna pop in Malmo!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I like it. The instrumental and production is fantastic, coming from a music producer like Danny Harle then it should be expected. This is definitely in Ollys style, and I love the 'It's a Sin' vibe it has. I do feel in studio it's somewhat underwhelming but at the same time I also think they'll have some big show to go alongside this at Eurovision - a bit more power wouldn't go a miss. It's no winner, that's for sure but given our history I couldn't possibly be disappointed in this. I don't think i'm going to have this on repeat non stop but I am really happy with this. :8:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Petition to change the "beautiful gardens" line to "beautiful gowns" in tribute to the late, great Aretha Franklin.

200.gif

This instrumental is pretty great and that's an understatement. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't. Musically speaking it's probably the most well produced and unique entry we've had by far.

The issue for me is I'm just not into Olly's vocals. He sounds like a now deceased singer I shan't name squeaking on the track for three minutes. It's not my thing. If someone like MNEK was the vocalist I would have ascended.

With the right artist this would be 12 from me (or close). I can't deny how good the composition is. So moody, dreamy and lush. It's delicious pop and I just really love the melancholy. Less than :8: points for the track alone feels wrong so I'll give that with the right at any moment to change it to a still respectable 7 when it starts to annoy me (to an extent it already does annoy me because I just struggle with the chipmunk voice).

Edit: It's just hit me how hypocritical my strong dislike of Olly's voice is when Benjamin Ingrosso was my number 1 back in 2018, but you've all conveniently forgotten about that little unfortunate moment in my history x

Last edited:

Ali_

I like it and will enjoy listening to it on Spotify but it doesn't come across as a competitive entry. He's got way better stuff in his back catalogue.
He'll have to put on an impressive performance for this to do well.

astatine86

Oh, this is a 10. After the disappointment of yesterday´s entries, I feel like I have finally been fed. First by Kaleen and now by Olly. A 10, darling!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Edit: It's just hit me how hypocritical my strong dislike of Olly's voice is when Benjamin Ingrosso was my number 1 back in 2018, but you've all conveniently forgotten about that little unfortunate moment in my history x

sis no one forgot that cime

Rocket man

I was right to be intrigued. Love it. Proud of our entry this year, and Olly will smash it live.

Pet Shop Boys 2024.

Loindici

Veteran
Firstly, I love the rising trends of synth sounds in 2024!

Dizzy screams Olly/YnY but there's something oddly space-y about the soundscape. Very enjoyable, though I feel I'm drawn more to the instrumental than the lyrics and voice.

ArmpitOfEurope

A great radio friendly track that Im going to stream and enjoy, I dont know how its going to do on ESC, lacks a big moment and climax but its catchy and has staging potential.

Rudeboy81

Top 5 for me one of the better tracks this year, also they've been quiet clever vocally not challenging ollys range which has already had its detractors, a 10 for me 👍

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Never have, never will.

AN2O8Qy.png

mauve

Veteran
Quite underwhleming. I was hoping for more beats and stronger rhythms, but this is far too mellow and with no true highlight. :6:.

marty

this is a big disappointment for me. Its a nice song but I expected something more catchy and powerful. I dont think this can reach the top 10 in malmö.

HarryUK

Veteran
After I’ve slept on it, I think I bloody love this. I can picture a huge stage show in Malmö

Top Bottom