• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HarryUK

Veteran
Where did the Yonaka rumours come from?

I don't mind PANIC, however if it is written for Eurovision, then it's far too obvious/cliche/bait for me.

lasse braun

I don't mind PANIC, however if it is written for Eurovision, then it's far too obvious/cliche/bait for me.
it was me in post #277.
xcookie

that would give UK some fresh air and why cliche?
you know all this "stuff" from the last 40 years from UK?
in nearly every year UK was the master of the boreness.
xqueenbitch

HarryUK

Veteran
it was me in post #277.
xcookie

that would give UK some fresh air and why cliche?
you know all this "stuff" from the last 40 years from UK?
in nearly every year UK was the master of the boreness.
xqueenbitch
We love an ESCUnited started rumour

It just sounds like it should go somewhere but it doesn't. I was bored listening to it in parts :LOL:

ChiversLookDivine

I don't think there are any rumours around them at all, just the song dropped the other day, is 3 minutes long, and is one of the more Eurovision-y songs I've heard in 2023.

It ranks among Freya Ridings "Weekends", Tom Grennan "Here", Caity Baser "2020s", and Circa Waves "Carry You Home" as 2023 songs that all sound way better for Eurovision than that rumoured Grace Carter track.

It's like how that new Mimi Webb track sounds nothing like a Eurovision entry despite those rumours, I think there's something to expecting a certain sound from TaP/BBC, I know Space Man sounded like a Eurovision entry when I first heard it.

ChiversLookDivine

Oh, must be them then

Last I checked nobody said it was Yonaka and nobody gave proof like with Grace Carter or The Flints, somebody said they wanted them and I agreed and said it would be a good pick.

I mean if we're not going to put forward recent releases we'd like as a dream entry, or throwing out evidence for UK entries we've seen on other websites, this thread may as well be locked until somebody leaks the entry lol.

HarryUK

Veteran
Last I checked nobody said it was Yonaka and nobody gave proof like with Grace Carter or The Flints, somebody said they wanted them and I agreed and said it would be a good pick.

I mean if we're not going to put forward recent releases we'd like as a dream entry, or throwing out evidence for UK entries we've seen on other websites, this thread may as well be locked until somebody leaks the entry lol.
Definitely them. Grace Carter was so yesterday

lasse braun

sometimes it's good when the oxygen coming from the outside.
mister oxygen is coming.
xcheers

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Christ almighty, I love YONAKA and have seem them live (absolutely flawless) and Serengeti is such a belter of a song.

If it was either of these acts I'd be absolutely made up, regardless of result

DanielLuis

True, but I meant the concept of selection was similar right in the sense that a record label was chosen to internally select the entry.
Yeah, I think the logic was pretty much the same. But the people in charge are completely different, and the TaP people seem to be way more in touch with what modern Eurovision is and with what type of entry and act can stand out in the contest. They seem to be genuine fans of the contest too.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I know it's only a month away, but i'm starting to get impatient. Not even a single crumb has been given to us on who it may be, everything is purely speculation and our own rumours.

Top Bottom