20th place - :is: :es:

18th place - :gr:

14th place - :au:
13th place - :al: :cy: :sm:
12th place - :am:
11th place - :ie:

6th place - :ua:
7th place - :mt:

Finishing last in the following countries: :nl: :at: :be: :cz: :fi: :it: :de: :md: :sl: :ch:

They were a bit unlucky in some countries but mostly they´re back to 2021 and before.
DACH and sLOVEnia and Czechia agree

Ezio

Veteran
I still think this would have done better with a stronger performer. Vocals were not good and Mae wasn't a great performer IMO
I just saw Pia Maria at the railway station and she wholeheartedly agreed

Realest

As expected, UK didnt become a Powerhouse after last Year.

Fwf37-SWAAAjeAu

Chrisiam

As expected they had their "Schulte moment" last year.
Well at this point we don't know which is the fluke. If next year the UK does well then this was the fluke and just a wobble. If next year the UK does about as well as this year or worse then we know that Sam was the fluke. But we'll see, I am always hopeful that the UK will do better. As I said in the other day this year feels like Spain, UK, and Germany miscalculated more so than they put forwards outright bad or lame songs as they'd done in the past. And I hope the results gained this year don't discourage anyone.

gigi_copp3

I think it was just a bad choice... not an unappealing one such as James Newman, the song was actually good? It was just her vocals which were really bad.

Andromache

I liked her song and her staging but yeah, I think her vocals were the problem. I also think that the song wasn't competitive enough. Sam was the full package and imo the best british entry ever. Sam and Mae are the right direction.

hijirio

Veteran

She doesn't sing as bad as most people make it out to be tbh
yeah I think so

It seems to me that some bad choices were made with the sound mixing, and there was no time to fix.
We simply couldn't hear her.

HarryUK

Veteran
Someone’s changed the Spotify version of IWAS so one of the verses is in French and the verse after contains a French vocalist. Thought it was odd when it came on in the shower and I started singing it in French midway through :ROFLMAO:

crashworld

Veteran
Someone’s changed the Spotify version of IWAS so one of the verses is in French and the verse after contains a French vocalist. Thought it was odd when it came on in the shower and I started singing it in French midway through :ROFLMAO:

Weird they didn't label this in any way and is tagged under the original version, sharing the same streaming counts.

The taggings are so messy. They have the ESC Edit and it shares the same streaming counts as the Video Version (which is the same no?).

HarryUK

Veteran

Weird they didn't label this in any way and is tagged under the original version, sharing the same streaming counts.

The taggings are so messy. They have the ESC Edit and it shares the same streaming counts as the Video Version (which is the same no?).
It’s really weird! So I have multiple playlists and IWAS (original version) was added to my Eurovision faves one and general girlbops one and both have changed. Must be a tagging issue… I like this version though! May create an en français playlist because I have 10-15 French songs scattered among playlists (including non Eurovision) and add this to that!

MopManMoss

Veteran
Well, that was a karmic choice, since British people on this forum condescended on our dear angel Pia Maria last year. What goes around, comes around to bite you in the ass.
They weren’t showing a fraction of the delusion you were last year though

0scar

This is still a bop and I listen to it on regular basis too bad it isn't made for live performance

Top Bottom