2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

tsegaye

So all of the rumors for this... I will say that I don't mind it and that chorus surely gets into your head, but as some have said here it doesn't feel competitive at all. I just expected a moment for UK in their Eurovision history, but that was apparantly a bit too much to ask for. :6: points for now.

FoxOfShadows

It's a fine radio friendly song but unfortunately that's exactly what we thought of Embers when it was first released. Radio-friendly just doesn't work when you translate it to the stage. I thought we'd realised that.

The biggest issue here is the BBC announcement timing. They sat on this for 2 months and let the rumours get way too out of hand. I hope they learn from that for next year

njdevils94

Veteran
Waste of a host entry from the UK. They'll be back to mediocrity in 2024 I'd suspect. I've heard contrasting reports if Mae is a good live singer. You would hope see when you're the host entry but who knows.

EscGeek

Veteran
I was counting on Noa to sing something like this, but i was left underwhelmed yesterday

This is the type of song i want from you guys! This and Electro Velvet of course xmusic

Majority of your recent entries were mid. "Embers" and "Space Man" for example are in my eyes very much the same even though one was competitive and the other one wasn't. :lol:

PlasticToad

From people's reactions I was expecting the next Bigger Than Us, but this is a bop? I love the breakdown. The da-da-da thing is kind of lame, but in a year without many of these more "standard" pop songs it gives a nice bit of variety. I don't know what Mae's like live, but if she's been supporting Little Mix she can't be that bad.

Idk, I'll give it a :7:.

Also, I can now admit it: I've never been that big a fan of Rina Sawayama's music... Even as a hyperpop fan, it never really worked for me... I'm glad I don't have to convince myself to like an entry from her.

Rocket man

This isn't coming last, first impression of the song is top 15 material which tbh I can't be greedy and must admit that that would be decent for the UK considering our past recent results in the contest.

I was satisfied with the music video, and really gave an idea of the potential for decent choreography and staging for this. If Mae Muller can use the experience she has in doing gigs then she should be able to deliver a solid, entertaining performance, just not spectacularly enough that it could win, just enough for top 15 in the final. Also the song isn't vocally challenging so she should be fine there.

I still find her unlikeable, but as long as Europe buys her performance then that should be enough.

GaysAndMurder

In a sea of nothing songs this feels like it has the least to offer. I don't dislike it I just feel ... well nothing.

hijirio

Veteran
If you were expecting second coming of Jesus, you will be disappointed.

Actually all Turkish fans are eclectic about this release, I see that most negative comments come from the UK lmao

jeriswani

This has the most tiktok potential along with Queen of Kings. It will do very well imo.
Yeah my bet is that they are going to give her a huge marketing campaign. If marketed very well and manages to somehow trend on tiktok. This will be competitive. That is a big if and could pretty much ruin her and the label if it goes horribly wrong on the night. Everything from where have to be 11/10 because the song quite frankly isn’t.

tsegaye

I just saw the music video and I loved it! Is it just me or does the production of the track sound much fuller in that version? Besides the talking part ofc :lol:

MopManMoss

Veteran
I quite like the music video, she sounds ridiculously british in the bridge its quite funny to me for some reason

Chalphon

Well done! This is a catchy tune (I could have done without the Army of Lovers-inspired rap/talk though).

jeriswani

Well she hasn’t exactly dropped like crazy in the odds(yet). Still top 5 favs to win.

Mrlazzyjazzy

No one has really brought it this year. Loreen being the favourite with a rehash isn't saying much. This is not awful, same calibre as Embers and Spaceman. The difference was the staging for Sam and his charisma as a performance really sold it. She will need to do the same for this and have the same level of staging.

Top Bottom