Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

jeriswani

I watched the music video and NOOOOOOOOO! I really enjoyed it. I hate this feeling because if we we do flop which is still likely it’s gonna hurt. But his voice and aura he gives his really something else I was completely mesmerised 😭.

ChiversLookDivine

I watched the music video and NOOOOOOOOO! I really enjoyed it. I hate this feeling because if we we do flop which is still likely it’s gonna hurt. But his voice and aura he gives his really something else I was completely mesmerised 😭.

The one aspect that gives me more hope than any other is that he's an actual performer.

He's not a singer-songwriter. He's not some West End performer. He's a seasoned touring artist and live performer with charisma for days. He's the sort of entrant we've not tried all these years and I'm here for it.

Kitakaze

Well it's gone back to private, obviously some intern at ESC forgot to schedule it, oops.

From what I saw of the music video, it's actually got a bit of creativity and thought put into it so I'm now 1000% more hopeful for our staging. Also getting a strong reaction from Europe on Twitter which fills me with some hope.

I’m less hopeful given the Twitter poll Wiwibloggs ran where 51% of 2000+ people voted that it wasn’t competitive. Hopefully the performance will silence the critics though which is all that really matters.

Loindici

Veteran

Hey, at least UK isn't sending a 2005 MF reject and that alone is a relief. This is an entry that we need to support and protect from the UK party poopers!

Loindici

Veteran
I’m less hopeful given the Twitter poll Wiwibloggs ran where 51% of 2000+ people voted that it wasn’t competitive. Hopefully the performance will silence the critics though which is all that really matters.

Wiwibloggs are where the "yassss werk kweeen slayyyy the hausssss down bootz mawma!" fans resides, so probably their definition of competitive is different from ours. Let's stick with what we believe: this is competitive!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Bless this flop reveal. There being 0 surprise in it and then some EBU intern accidentally allowing it to leak by not setting it to private. 😍🤣

revallsay

I mean the whole situation like they do not care and stuff. Eurovision chanel take after BBC, haha

aef

Oh boy, another high pitched male voice… The song is actually okay but the vocals! Surprise, another ::um entry I don’t like. And song number 7467 of this year I will give :3: points in the poll.

mauve

Veteran
As I told before, the chorus is catchy, but the rest is just meh. And I really can't get warm with his voice. :( I am still waiting for the day when I listen to UK's entry and go : WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAA!

jeriswani

As I told before, the chorus is catchy, but the rest is just meh. And I really can't get warm with his voice. :( I am still waiting for the day when I listen to UK's entry and go : WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAA!
The UK isn’t the country of “WHOOOOOOA” music but the home of mainstream music. i doubt the UK will ever produce such music as it wouldn’t be “representative” of the music of the country. I especially doubt the bbc would do it. After what happened with electro velvet.

Zeus

Nothing special or unique about this song, it still feels safe, but if the singer has the voice and the stage presence to perform this well, it could be a somewhat better year finally for the UK.

Juries could be there for it, but the televote might yet another year become a problem..

So, conclusion: the song itself is okay, but not outspoken or good enough to be a guarantee for anything. More than others, this will need a very impressive performance on stage, only than it could have some chance to be competitive if you ask me.

simori95

Omgggg that means that it’s literally 4 of the Big 5 in my Top 4, except my own country which creeps at like 16th in my ranking. NDR, what have you done? 😭

I really really like Space Man, I see miles of potential for staging, and to me it really sticks out of the bunch and is memorable. I see this doing really well, actually.

EDIT: should have taken the opportunity to say „NDR, Daaaaamn Hoooow“, sorry

mauve

Veteran
The UK isn’t the country of “WHOOOOOOA” music but the home of mainstream music. i doubt the UK will ever produce such music as it wouldn’t be “representative” of the music of the country. I especially doubt the bbc would do it. After what happened with electro velvet.
I - at least for my part - don't refuse mainstream music in general. There are good and bad mainstream music. But I would love to have a song with more spice. And I am not certain if "Space Man" will work out live well. I don't know much about Sam's abilities as a live performer, but he needs a good voice and a good staging. Will that happen?

Top Bottom