Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Uto

Veteran
I feel sick to my stomach. I don’t know if I like being one of the favourites anymore!!!! I like to enjoy Eurovision with the knowledge that we won’t win lol
Bookies always have the Brits at inflated odds. UK is in the conversation for a very strong finish, but it won't win. It's not the point. UK is competing again, you guys are back. It's up to the rest of Europe to make it feel like a warm welcome. It's up to you to enjoy that feeling.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Bookies always have the Brits at inflated odds. UK is in the conversation for a very strong finish, but it won't win. It's not the point. UK is competing again, you guys are back. It's up to the rest of Europe to make it feel like a warm welcome. It's up to you to enjoy that feeling.

Our Anouk moment.

PhoenixAscends

I’m been wondering how to phrase this sentiment, couldn‘t have said this better myself. Thank you,

Chrisiam

Personally I am still just bracing myself for this to be an elaborate prank or Sam gets abducted by aliens or something as this all feels like it is going a little too well given the UK's track record in the time I've been watching the contest.

VikingTiger

I seem to be one of the few that dont see the charm in Space Man this year. I gave it a 4 in the poll, and I am keeping it there. Yes, Sam sure knows how to sing, and he delivers vocally. But that's about it.
His outfit is not helping me like this either...
BUT I will be happy to welcome the UK back in top 10 - because of the jury votes. I think the UK might just miss out on top 10 in the televotes.

ESC_Peggy

God you are all so depressing on this forum

His Jury Final was incredible he gave it 110% and the audience were in stunned silence after the guitar part before huge huge huge applause.

The song is so technically difficult to sing and he did it and the long note was fantastic. His vocal coach has done wonders for his head voice over the last month.

The consensus is he’s one of the top jury favourites after that. Vlogger Berme Rubio has been trying to decide the Jury winners based on the rehearsals and he called Sam a superstar minimum top 3 jury.

⭐⭐⭐⭐️1/2
The “searched” note was slightly off-key in the first chorus but improved in the second. Sam gains confidence from the crowd response and starts showing off in the final minute of his song. Breaking the difficult notes just a little bit longer, ad-libbing where possible, not holding back even one bit. This song has a high level of difficulty and Sam Ryder lived up to it and then some.

Let me list the green flags in this entry outside of Sam’s vocal performance: a middle-of-the-road song, with a solid build-up. Easy listening guitar accents. You cannot really have anything against it. Level of technical difficulty is high, even beyond just the fact that falsettos are included. Sam is a charismatic and confident performer who looks like a professional all the way through.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
The consensus is he’s one of the top jury favourites after that. Vlogger Berme Rubio has been trying to decide the Jury winners based on the rehearsals and he called Sam a superstar minimum top 3 jury.

What is this? There is no consensus and the opinion of some idiot vlogger? It's just another opinion. Your opinion matters more to me than that of some vlogger I have never heard of.

Zeus

I feel sick to my stomach. I don’t know if I like being one of the favourites anymore!!!! I like to enjoy Eurovision with the knowledge that we won’t win lol
You should expect a great jury result, like top 3 or something.

But just don't expect the UK to go really big with the televotes. More like anything between 5-12th.

And if the end result is even better you have something to cheer about. Just already celebrate that the UK finally gets back to the top 10 and who knows what more.

NeoTen

Our Anouk moment.
I wonder how the UK feels when they'll get second, just to lose to a... statement. I'd be mad. Seriously. Don't act like you only send garbage. I keep saying it; you can send Little Mix. You won't win. After Russia, the UK just gets the least sympathy.

Anyway the guy sings fantastic. He could try to look more at ease, but I guess with the rock remix, he goes for the rock pop feel?

soulm8

Not impressed at all by his stage performance. Don’t think he will win, which is a pity, I really adore him. But best of luck today!Around 4-7 for me, hope I’m wrong ❤️

ESC_Peggy

What is this? There is no consensus and the opinion of some idiot vlogger? It's just another opinion. Your opinion matters more to me than that of some vlogger I have never heard of.

No the paragraph is from ESC Daily but across the press yesterday there were stand outs who did better in the Jury Final than the rest, one being the UK.

Rocket man

Kate from Go_A:

KI7BySa.jpg
Go_A was actually my favourite last year, I was so happy when "Shum" did amazing in the public vote last year. It's so cool for me to see the love from Kate for Sam Ryder one year later.

PhoenixAscends

Nobody who is British thinks this will actually win. It’s just nice to send a decent entry for a change and to actually feel maybe a little… tiny… bit involved. I feel it deserves top 5, but I’d take left hand side of the scoreboard. Less and I would be disappointed, but not surprised.

Whatever happens, he will do us proud and that is all we can ask for. 🇬🇧

Looking forward to a great show from all.

Chrisiam

Sam's Semi-Final performance of Spaceman is currently trending 3rd on Youtube UK. Which doesn't mean anything as far as the final result is concerned but it is hopefully a good sign for him after the contest. I mean hell, the music video/reveal video barely squeaked into the top 30 tending for the whole of a couple days so this is a hell of an improvement for him and hopefully it will help to convince TaP and the BBC to work together again next year.

Top Bottom