6 4.3%

7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

Iker

Veteran
It's definitely not Scooch, they would not allow the selected act to give away such a big hint before the official announcement.
However it would be the most UK thing ever if fans were talking about Leona Lewis or Foxes to then end up with Scooch being chosen again :lol:

I am actually bewildered that Scooch is still a thing, to be fair. I remember cringing in embarrassment witnessing that in 2007 as a kid. It was just too mind-numbingly cheesy. This dude might represent my reaction well.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
A guy from the UK eurovision group (well admin actually) said he had submitted 18 songs he wrote to BMG. All of them were just ok tbh, nothing outstanding and nothing really horrific and BMG replied rejecting them all with individual feedback on the top 6, and saying they've had other submissions but not exactly clear where from but there hasn't been a songwriting camp in sight. No reason to not believe what he says as i legit heard the 18 songs some months back and he had people vote to pick the best. Just thought those desperate for some form of news would like to hear. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ESCConor

A guy from the UK eurovision group (well admin actually) said he had submitted 18 songs he wrote to BMG. All of them were just ok tbh, nothing outstanding and nothing really horrific and BMG replied rejecting them all with individual feedback on the top 6, and saying they've had other submissions but not exactly clear where from but there hasn't been a songwriting camp in sight. No reason to not believe what he says as i legit heard the 18 songs some months back and he had people vote to pick the best. Just thought those desperate for some form of news would like to hear. 🤷🏻‍♂️

My impression judging by that is that BMG could well be looking to get more experienced songwriters on board with Eurovision Experence perhaps with other countries.

This points towards an established or upcoming artist perhaps being chosen, rather than an unknown artist.

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Agreed on the basis of his atrocious cover of the mesmerising Robyn classic Dancing On My Own (his biggest hit in the UK, go figure!) But I've enjoyed a lot of Calum's other solo material quite a bit. I have noticed a serious hatred of him from some in this community mind you, not sure what the reason for that is haha xthink
that cover of dancing on my own is a crime agains humanity and destroyed all the lets say sensation behind it. people need to stop think that sad song = generic slow ballads!!! sad bop the best bop

i didnt listen to every single song of his and tbh i dont want to, i found his voice to be insufferable. out of what i've heard (most from contests), the one i disliked the least was that eat you sent in a spin off - and that was mostly because of the instrumental because when he srarted singing its started to be annoying (?) i even gave it one point but never got back to it again

theditz83

Veteran
Haha yeah I sent that more for the funky groove from Felix Jaehn - Calum just happened to be providing the vocals.

Just had a thought - has anyone mentioned Steps so far this year? We can't have a valid UK ESC build-up discussion without our fave coordinated pop starlets (especially with Scooch (aka Asda Smartprice Steps) hogging the limelight of late... ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

LastDreamer

Banned
Sarah Harding "Threads" was better. xheart

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Haha yeah I sent that more for the funky groove from Felix Jaehn - Calum just happened to be providing the vocals.

Just had a thought - has anyone mentioned Steps so far this year? We can't have a valid UK ESC build-up discussion without our fave coordinated pop starlets (especially with Scooch (aka Asda Smartprice Steps) hogging the limelight of late... ;)
thar funky groove was great xheat if there is an instrumental version let me know

Romeo

Absolutely nothing but try telling that to anyone in the UK public eye, yknow?

No I Literally have no idea what you mean. Just because someone wanted to leave a political union doesn't mean they won't participate in a competition because it has some eu members.

Will all footballers who support Brexit refuse to play in Euro 2020? No

opinionsigotem

Just because someone wanted to leave a political union doesn't mean they won't participate in a competition because it has some eu members.

Have you not seen how many people think that we don't participate anymore because we've left the EU? And they all think it's a good thing? And that pretty much every single discussion in the media related to Eurovision is about how all the Russiastans vote for each other and it's a conspiracy and they hate us because of Brexit so why bother?

The footballer thing is just stupid because they get paid ridiculous amounts of money so it's not the same thing at all

Romeo

First of all... Footballers get paid £0 for playing for the national team (At least England players get paid nothing) They do it out of pride for their nation and because its an honour to do so.

People who think we cannot participate in Eurovision are just unaware of ESC rules and EU members.

And the "Russiastans" and you mention refer to Russia and who? None of the 'stans' participate in Eurovision

Before Brexit it was the Iraq war they blamed. The BBC send bad acts and people blame the contest and people who aren't eurovision fans just simply forget the songs and just see "UK last again" and blame anything apart from the BBC

Daybreak

I am actually bewildered that Scooch is still a thing, to be fair. I remember cringing in embarrassment witnessing that in 2007 as a kid. It was just too mind-numbingly cheesy. This dude might represent my reaction well.

haha I checked out this reaction video and apparently Scooch mentioned Tallinn in their song (to rhyme with "Berlin"), but I don't recall myself nor anyone else in Estonia having noticed it. I guess that shows how little most of Europe pays attention to the UK entries, at least when they're on the crappier side :ROFLMAO:

Mrm

Veteran
Every day my fave is OUT somewhere I will come here and ask the UK to pick it for Rotterdam...

Please choose Faith Kakembo - "Crying Rivers"

One must be picked finally..

Top Bottom