5 3.3%

5 3.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Geborgenheit

I feel like betting my money for the first time for a Eurovision winner. I just don't see it possibly not winning. It's a very good song, that is not too niche, very memorable. And don't forget about the power of Ukrainian diaspora on top of it.

I am pretty sure that Poland will give 12 points to Ukraine, the title itself goes well with Poles and so on, although recently there are anti-Ukrainian Poles s well, but there is no negative voting, so it probably doesn't matter. But I am not sure about all Europe, especially about Balkans and Scandinavia.

Realest

But somehow nearly all entries that were mostly rap did underperform at the contest. I remember a lot of hype and love from the fandom for Joci Papai but he did not have a result as good as it was expected, especially on his 2nd occasion. Maybe Hungarian was a tough one for people. Hip-hop is very underrepresented at the ESC so is R'n'B. Last time we had a lot of R'n'B entries was when R'n'B was all over in pop music so in the late 00s.

He didnt rap in his second Song.

Iker

Veteran
I am pretty sure that Poland will give 12 points to Ukraine, the title itself goes well with Poles and so on, although recently there are anti-Ukrainian Poles s well, but there is no negative voting, so it probably doesn't matter. But I am not sure about all Europe, especially about Balkans and Scandinavia.

We're going off topic here, yes ... there are some anti-Ukrainian Poles but I'd say that Poles are exceptionally helpful for Ukrainians, mostly kind towards them and the sad truth is that quite a lot of Ukrainians who fled the country to live in Poland or those who were here already before the war became deplorably entitled lately, they expect to cater to their whims and to get anything they want for free because ''poor us''. It's a minority but sadly that minority is getting bigger and bigger. And there was a lot of ... burglaries committed by a group of Ukrainian men in my neighbourhood a couple years ago too. Unfortunately there are also Ukrainians for which Stepan Bandera is a hero and he was responsible for orchestrating a brutal murder of between 50 thousands to 100 thousands of Poles between 1943 and 1945 in Volhynia. So there's a lot of sensible reasons why Poles might dislike Ukrainians. I've only had very good personal experiences with them but some had the unpleasant or even flat-out nasty ones too.

Last edited:

Geborgenheit

So there's a lot of sensible reasons why Poles might dislike Ukrainians.

I know that there are 2 Polands: the conservative and the liberal. Those Ukrainian haters are usually from Prawo i Sprawiedliwosc? That's what I assume. Recently, there are farmer protests in Poland. And I wonder of some among those protesters are animated from Russia. Of course, I would not say that all Polish farmers are pro-Russian, but some Russian support must be there, it's so obvious.

Iker

Veteran
I know that there are 2 Polands: the conservative and the liberal. Those Ukrainian haters are usually from Prawo i Sprawiedliwosc? That's what I assume. Recently, there are farmer protests in Poland. And I wonder of some among those protesters are animated from Russia. Of course, I would not say that all Polish farmers are pro-Russian, but some Russian support must be there, it's so obvious.

No, protesters are definitely not animated by Russia. There are many reasons behind the protests but Russia is ... responsible indirectly, Polish farmers cannot sell their grain as cheaper Ukrainian grain flooded our market. And Polish people don't support Russia at all, we have the same attitude towards Russia as Latvia has. And Ukrainian haters or those who are not liking Ukrainians are not more likely to be supporters of PiS.

AlekS

Veteran
We're going off topic here, yes ... there are some anti-Ukrainian Poles but I'd say that Poles are exceptionally helpful for Ukrainians, mostly kind towards them and the sad truth is that quite a lot of Ukrainians who fled the country to live in Poland or those who were here already before the war became deplorably entitled lately, they expect to cater to their whims and to get anything they want for free because ''poor us''. It's a minority but sadly that minority is getting bigger and bigger. And there was a lot of ... burglaries committed by a group of Ukrainian men in my neighbourhood a couple years ago too. Unfortunately there are also Ukrainians for which Stepan Bandera is a hero and he was responsible for orchestrating a brutal murder of between 50 thousands to 100 thousands of Poles between 1943 and 1945 in Volhynia. So there's a lot of sensible reasons why Poles might dislike Ukrainians. I've only had very good personal experiences with them but some had the unpleasant or even flat-out nasty ones too.

I wouldn't call it mostly kind. I've got lots of arrogant and hateful vibes too and they get progressively worse. There were numerous attacks on Ukrainians committed by Poles. Even murders. Yeah, let's generalize and say a few assholes = 1 million+ refugees. I will do the same to Polish shit that kills Ukrainians. All the "ungrateful Ukrainians" narrative... I invite Polish "farmers" and raging nationalists to the frontline. Their rage is in need there :lol: I hope that 'human" atrocity who killed our 3 drivers at the border, those who block military vehicles, or those who attacked a bus with refugees and those who robbed our grain (being shipped to Germany) and those who terrorize our refugees at the border by turning air raid alarm on o_O, I hope they all will get what they deserve & ask (Russia). Of course, Poland is slowly becoming an enemy. You will see it in our televoting. We are not fascinated by Polish entry, anyway xshrugI personally have always been loyal to Poland, but if you won't tame PiSs, things will switch very fast.

Unfortunately, there are Poles who support Soviet propaganda about 50k victims (the real number is 36k) and totally "forget" about 1942-1945 genocide against Ukrainians committed by Armia Krajowa :rolleyes: When thousands were killed and thousands were displaced.
But I'm not like crazy assholes that bring stuff from centuries ago in order to hate the entire nation.

No, protesters are definitely not animated by Russia. There are many reasons behind the protests but Russia is ... responsible indirectly, Polish farmers cannot sell their grain as cheaper Ukrainian grain flooded our market. And Polish people don't support Russia at all, we have the same attitude towards Russia as Latvia has. And Ukrainian haters or those who are not liking Ukrainians are not more likely to be supporters of PiS.
Every sentence is bs, except Polish people (in general) don't support Russia.
ps. Polish farmers have been okay with our grain for years :rolleyes: Let's not cover banal Ukrophobia with a fairytale about "poor" Polish farmers (who are basically afraid for their billions € aid from EU). We've all seen what's happening at the border and it's not about farmers at all. Why do your "farmers" block military aid, attack our refugees and block our civilians? What does it have to do with agrarian sector? With such "friends" you don't need enemies. This has already harmed Polish-Ukrainian relationships and you will see it in our televoting.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I have mixed feelings about Teresa & Maria.
From what has been pointed out by @AlekS, this song has a deep meaning to Ukrainian people and the message can also be extended to other people as well. The hooks are also good, the way they slip through my ears smoothly. Alyona's rap flows amazingly too.

The arrangement though, I'm on the fence. It's a dark pop song that gives more of an album track/B-side energy than an actual single. I thought things would peak after Alyona's rap but instead, it stays on the same energy level and calms down. I never really got the peak that I desired.

:8: for now. Might be our winner this year, however. It's also a nice song to listen to while working on my desk.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I wouldn't call it mostly kind. I've got lots of arrogant and hateful vibes too and they get progressively worse. There were numerous attacks on Ukrainians committed by Poles. Even murders. Yeah, let's generalize and say a few assholes = 1 million+ refugees. I will do the same to Polish shit that kills Ukrainians. All the "ungrateful Ukrainians" narrative... I invite Polish "farmers" and raging nationalists to the frontline. Their rage is in need there :lol: I hope that 'human" atrocity who killed our 3 drivers at the border, those who block military vehicles, or those who attacked a bus with refugees and those who robbed our grain (being shipped to Germany) and those who terrorize our refugees at the border by turning air raid alarm on o_O, I hope they all will get what they deserve & ask (Russia). Of course, Poland is slowly becoming an enemy. You will see it in our televoting. We are not fascinated by Polish entry, anyway xshrugI personally have always been loyal to Poland, but if you won't tame PiSs, things will switch very fast.

Unfortunately, there are Poles who support Soviet propaganda about 50k victims (the real number is 36k) and totally "forget" about 1942-1945 genocide against Ukrainians committed by Armia Krajowa :rolleyes: When thousands were killed and thousands were displaced.
But I'm not like crazy assholes that bring stuff from centuries ago in order to hate the entire nation.

Every sentence is bs, except Polish people (in general) don't support Russia.
ps. Polish farmers have been okay with our grain for years :rolleyes: Let's not cover banal Ukrophobia with a fairytale about "poor" Polish farmers (who are basically afraid for their billions € aid from EU). We've all seen what's happening at the border and it's not about farmers at all. Why do your "farmers" block military aid, attack our refugees and block our civilians? What does it have to do with agrarian sector? With such "friends" you don't need enemies. This has already harmed Polish-Ukrainian relationships and you will see it in our televoting.

What murders on Ukrainians committed by Poles are you alluding to?

Ted Talks

I have mixed feelings about Teresa & Maria.
From what has been pointed out by @AlekS, this song has a deep meaning to Ukrainian people and the message can also be extended to other people as well. The hooks are also good, the way they slip through my ears smoothly. Alyona's rap flows amazingly too.

The arrangement though, I'm on the fence. It's a dark pop song that gives more of an album track/B-side energy than an actual single. I thought things would peak after Alyona's rap but instead, it stays on the same energy level and calms down. I never really got the peak that I desired.

:8: for now. Might be our winner this year, however. It's also a nice song to listen to while working on my desk.
I personally feel the fact the song doesn’t go ‘big’ after the rap section is refreshing. It would have been a bit cliche for me for it to end bigger.

The hypnotic and beautiful feeling I get from the song - which may not be what everyone gets - is aided by the fact it stays on that level. It’s the haunting vocals from Jerry that ultimately make it for me.

It’s still the song to beat for me. It’s my only :12: points so far and nothing has come close to it.

AlekS

Veteran
One of Eurovision participants prepare their staging in Kyiv.
They hired Herman Nenov (creative director of Eurovision 2023).

mup

A month ago a member of the Italian delegation tweeted that the Ukrainian entry is - in his appreciative opinion - the one to beat because it's very modern yet traditional(ist) at the same time. (y)

I think that the televote will be high, if the jury score is high we might see Ukraine winning again.

Ezio

Veteran
I love this song because Mary and Mother Teresa surrendered their lives faithfully to our Lord and His will. I guess most people don't care, but I do. I just wouldn't call these women "divas". That's a bit grotesque. A diva is someone proud.

Top Bottom