5 3.3%

5 3.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

kamc

This makes me choke up a little. It has a hypnotic chant-musical quality to it and that moody production creates a very powerful, emotional atmosphere.
Bravo Ukraine.

aef

This year turns out to be rather underwhelming for me so far. The recently selected songs are all not really my cup of tea. (But of course there still is a long way to go to all 37 songs so let’s wait and see).

The :ua: song leaves me without any impact, I’m not thrilled about it at all. A huge step backwards after the last 3 entries…

:3: points from me.

ag89

So far this sounds like top 5 lock and a serious contender to make some damage: I don't want to say "to win" because we are still with a few songs. I still don't know how I feel about the rap part, but this will be staged properly so it will probably be ok. It reminds me a lot on Kalush: rap plus some melodic ethno plus hand clapping thing.
Ukraine will continue to do what they know the best ie to do well in Eurovision. And it is deserved, I don't care about "it's all about politics" comments. It's not.

The rap part could be better syncopated by back vocals to give it more rythm and melody. It's not about Alyona, it's about a bit odd way the studio recording was taken in that segment.

Kalush rapped longer and faster but he sat perfectly on every beat and melodic tone. That's a bit lacking here, but they can still pull it off during live with more engagement from the back vocals.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yeah i'm not particularly moved by this at all. I'm kinda surprised that this song and performance (yeah Ik there were issues) landslided so hard. Musically it's fine, and the chorus is actually rather nice (I liked the LED backdrop they used there) but overall it's a very average and unremarkable offering that right now I fail to see the hype in. I don't think this is getting top 5 at all. That said, if any country can deliver on the Eurovision stage it is Ukraine. They can really polish a turd and make it shine bright - history shows that.

:5:

Yoozek

There was no confusion because they sounded great in the audience (except muted mic for Alyona) xshrug Moreover, unlike other contestants, they didn't say anything about sound issues.
No no no, with confusion I meant the way Jerry was acting on the stage. It's like, when a standup guy feels shy about his own jokes. It's not the same, you're getting anxious just as much as the weakest performer. In terms of the attitude on stage, imho there was a lot of confusion, and despite the reason - it should not be visible at all to the viewer. I'm happy they sounded great from the audience, I don't mind how they sounded on stream actually, thought that rappstress lipsync was expected.

On the other hand, Rimlover (as someone here said, and now I can't unhear that) commanded the stage, despite that striptease fail.

hpp0

It's not like it's bad or boring cause it actually caught me by surprise when it ended, I thought there would be more, but it's just too uneventful for me I guess. It's fine enough for a :4: though.

njdevils94

Veteran
:ua: Jerry Heil & alyona alyona did it! xcheer Coming for Win number 4 maybe...

Managed to watch the whole thing on delay without getting spoiled. Weird decision for the jury to put Ziferblat but alright. I felt pretty confident after the jury portion they were taking it knowing Ziferblat just didn't have the same level fan base as the top 3 and so it proved.

It was the same with Yagody who's performance I though was great but knew that there was no way they were going to finish ahead of JH & AA, Yaktak or Melovin in a tele-vote. Still a respectable to 5th place for them. (y)

Sad that the jury pretty much killed of Nahaba putting them last but it was such a divisive sing and staging. Glad to see Skylerr do decent in the tele-vote after all the drama this morning and finally to address Melovin crying foul at the results.

He was lucky even to be that high with the jury which was only down to the staging. You lost by over 600k votes. Get over it. :lol: Jerry Heil & alyona alyona are two of the biggest artists in Ukraine at the moment. They were the heavy favorites coming into this. Teresa & Maria is setting all sorts of Vidbir entries records for streaming and they just set a record for highest tele-vote percentage ever at Vidbir. (obviously helped by the day long voting but still)

Staging will need to improved in Malmo for this contend but I have no doubts it will and be given better mics too. The chorus is just mesmerizing and intoxicating not to leave an impact on the viewers.

Fierro

Melovin stated that there are questions about how the voting was conducted, highlighting a significant margin between the 1st and 2nd place. He also mentioned that the label Enko, to which the winning duo belongs, promised the broadcaster to cover most of the expenses for preparing the ESC performance in advance.

njdevils94

Veteran
Melovin stated that there are questions about how the voting was conducted, highlighting a significant margin between the 1st and 2nd place. He also mentioned that the label Enko, to which the winning duo belongs, promised the broadcaster to cover most of the expenses for preparing the ESC performance in advance.

mlvin.translated.jpg

aef

It’s one of those songs where I’m totally missing the wow effect everyone else seems to experience.

mauve

Veteran
It’s one of those songs where I’m totally missing the wow effect everyone else seems to experience.
Same here. It wasn't one of my favorites before the show and it wasn't after it. But that's what ESC is all about. :)

AlekS

Veteran
Spotify. Teresa & Maria has just gained the 2nd best daily streams for Ukrainian song ever xheart Only Stefania (next day after ESC victory) was better.

#1 alyona alyona & Jerry Heil - Teresa & Maria
#5 Ziferblat - Place I Call Home
#9 YAKTAK - LaLaLa
#21 Melovin - Dreamer
#32 NAHABA - Glass
#55 YAGODY - Tsunamia

sg9vvyc.jpeg

The song is past 10 million views on Youtube. It gained 1 million views just yesterday (not counting Vidbir performance). 2 million if you count all versions o_O It's aiming at 2nd best weekly result ever on YT xbow

Jerry's TikTok video gained 1.4 million views in 1 day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom