Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran

heke1988

Mainshow

Veteran
I personally think this is very disrespectful to the people who might have voted for her.
She wouldn't have been close to winning anyway and I can fully understand why this whole scenario must be really nerve-wrecking and frustrating for artists (and fans alike) but it wasn't really necessary to withdraw at this point.
I think that all participants would have been more outraged if the producers had only counted the 5,000 votes which had gone through.

Fierro

I think Skylerr is just pissed off about jury's comments and in general. She tried to stay calm and was polite during all parts of live show but clearly looked disappointed. I bet she wanted the whole thing to end asap after pre-recorded show was finished. Maaaybe if she was a favorite to win and her performance was on level of Melovin or Yagody, I'd understand her decision (aka results "might be unfair"). But at the moment that makes her look like sore loser. Also, juries' comments were completely valid.

In Dora 2022 I sent TIMELY 15 SMS votes for Marko Bošnjak. All my votes were not registered as if I had sent them AFTER the voting ended. Mia Dimšić won in the end because SMS voting malfunctioned and old nannies from Slavonia who voted for her called via phone. I'm also positive that Dimšić's team knew about SMS voting malfunction during voting and redirected her fans to vote via phone calls. Was I mad? Yes. Was voting irregular? No.

What I want to say is that these complaints here are such SPOILED BRATS speaking given the fact that Ukraine can hardly maintain heating systems during the war, let alone servers for an irrelevant app.

Byegones.

Jupiter

Honestly, I think it's understandable. It's not even just the question if the votes will be counted correctly, but IMO this gives more well known artists even more time to mobilize their fanbase and any followers they still have on any platform. While artists with less of a following can't play that game as well.

Of course they had to handle the App crashing somehow. But this must be really frustrating for some of the artists (I mean, it's likely frustrating for all of them to have to wait an additional day. But some could use that day better then others).

I also hope this didn't tank Yagodys chances further, given they're a less well known act too :(

Fierro

Ukraine can hardly maintain heating systems during the war, let alone servers for an irrelevant app.

Byegones.
Diia is not even remotely "an irrelevant app" though, it provides state services in smartphone, like people have digital copies of their documents there, can register cars, change living address, use judicial services etc. This crash could potentially screw over a lot of citizens last evening.

Upd: Again I can't access the app anymore. At least they had over 800k votes counted already, so it's legitimate to determine televote winner.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Honestly, I think it's understandable. It's not even just the question if the votes will be counted correctly, but IMO this gives more well known artists even more time to mobilize their fanbase and any followers they still have on any platform. While artists with less of a following can't play that game as well.

Of course they had to handle the App crashing somehow. But this must be really frustrating for some of the artists (I mean, it's likely frustrating for all of them to have to wait an additional day. But some could use that day better then others).

I also hope this didn't tank Yagodys chances further, given they're a less well known act too :(

That said, Vidbir will be broadcast again and since it's Sunday and it's going to be broadcaster "earlier", it may reach more people and make other audiences vote as well.
It is frustrating indeed but it's the best way to deal with such a mess, imo.

@Fierro @AlekS How often can you vote?
If it's just "once per app", I think that it's even better for not well-established artists - bigger acts' fanbases have already "mobilised"/voted - they had known about their favourite artists competing in Vidbir before but the general public - let's say family gatherings on Sunday watching TV might have a chance to find someone to support?

Ravlyk

@Fierro @AlekS How often can you vote?
If it's just "once per app", I think that it's even better for not well-established artists - bigger acts' fanbases have already "mobilised"/voted - they had known about their favourite artists competing in Vidbir before but the general public - let's say family gatherings on Sunday watching TV might have a chance to find someone to support?
I'm not one of them, obviously. But I'm a lot less pessimistic about this whole thing with prolonged voting and everything. To a casual viewer two shows are always better, than one. (I really miss semifinals) It seems to me, we're going to have more balanced results today.

kamc

Even with the lacklustre staging yesterday, I feel Teresa&Maria has to be the winner here as it’s the most impactful and would be a very strong contender in Malmo with powerful staging.

Diia is not even remotely "an irrelevant app" though, it provides state services in smartphone, like people have digital copies of their documents there, can register cars, change living address, use judicial services etc. This crash could potentially screw over a lot of citizens last evening.

Upd: Again I can't access the app anymore. At least they had over 800k votes counted already, so it's legitimate to determine televote winner.

In that case such an important app shouldn't be used in times of war for irrelevant thing such as Vidbir 😁

DirtyFalcon

Well this number of votes already says a lot about who will win in the end => Jerry Heil & Alyona Alyona. Alyona Alyona is one of the biggest artists in Ukraine as far as i know and their numbers on youtube and everywhere else are far superior than any other act. Why would the voting numbers be suddenly much higher compared to last year if it's not thanks to a big name ? This crash definitely favors the biggest artists who have time to gather the most votes possible. I could understand if some unknown artists of Vidbir could feel spoiled.

Also i would like to know why people sold us a potential threat from Mélovin at the televote when he is literally a nobody in Ukraine compared to alyona alyona ? (for jerry heil i don't know). What is the point of organizing a national selection if there is such an imbalance between the popularity of artists right from the start. They couldn't just send them internally and get Vidbir back next year ? This is such a waste of time and also money (and we know money is important for Ukraine with the actual situation). I won't even watch the results because the result is already known in advance.

Having Vidbir show in times of war is important act of defiance for Ukrainians. We had the same thing in Sarajevo. A selection for Miss World in a shelter when we couldn't even participate. Therefrom U2's song "Miss Sarajevo".

We participated in Eurovision as well and our commentator gave our jury votes from the shelter, the landline was interrupted due to shelling...

Hello Sarajevo we're hearing you 🥰

Ravlyk

Well this number of votes already says a lot about who will win in the end => Jerry Heil & Alyona Alyona.
As for me, there is a substantial difference between the number of views, fanbase and dedicated (or hormonal :sneaky:) fanbase. It's not just a number game. It's a lot more complicated. Melovin fanbase is smaller but very loyal. Jerry's is bigger, but oftentimes less loyal.
So results can be surprising.

Not Ukraine having another messy AF national final

Nothing happened really, their voting app malfunctioned as it is not designed for these kind of events where you have a surge of millions of users in 5 minutes time frame. Therefore they enabled the people to vote for 20 hrs more so that they can have their say in the final result.

One sour competitor decides to withdraw today in the morning because she had received harsh comments from the jury and she wasn't a fan favorite, so now she speculates over irregularity of voting process because the people had extra time to vote. Absurd. 🤣

I've just seen on Twitter that Suspilne told her she can't withdraw now because she's already included in jury and televote results.

What a pathetic brat of a woman. Tell her to apply never again.

kamc

So is there another show tonight to reveal the votes or are they just going to post the result online?

Top Bottom