5 3.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Melovin indeed has a very loyal fanbase but it's not like Jerry and Alyona are without a fanbase when Jerry has 650k and Alyona has 300k followers on IG.

akoz

Imo, Melovin will win if Alyona and Jerry performance won't be great. You just know that Melovin will use his 3 minutes on stage for 200% effect and his overproduced song just suggest this. I would also give slight chanсe for win to Yagody if they managed Go-A effect and Yaktak if he somehow activates his fanbase.

Rocket man

This is a good national final of songs, I don't really know who's going to win listening to al the songs. I think Melovin will be a strong contender though, it's the type of song that would have a strong performance.

I must report to Ukrainian authorities that the evil chicken who hacked Let 3's song in Croatian national competition have committed the same atrocity to Glasss in Ukraine. 😁

Melovin's song doesn't make sense. Sorry. That refrain has nothing in common with other parts of the song, lyrics and music wise.

It's obvious that 2 songs had been glued in the studio, the one newly dated with unfinished choruses and the other never released, outdated, that was super tacky but had a catchy refrain.

The most coherent songs are Teresa & Maria and Palala, of which I root for the first one because it would be unique at Eurovision.

Keeper would have been a great song had she made a little revamp in the refrain, just to elevate it more from the rest of the melody. But by now that's already a missed opportunity.

The rest is predictable, and Yaktak's song is a melodic rip off from a Turkish song, just can't remember right now which one, but I will. 😁

Staging will decide this year's Vidbir, I'd say that 7 entries already are pretty even in their chances to win.

Paco Roca

In my opinion Vidbir 2024 is overrated. The songs are average and precisely this homogeneity of sufficiency gives the idea that it is a competitive selection. Leaving aside the fact that the recurring element of many songs in the competition is "La La La Laaaa" or "Oh Oh Oh Ohhh", among the singers in the competition Zieferblat stood out in my eyes (good sound but would be destroyed at ESC - it's a little better than last year's Azerbaijani duo), Nahaba (whose strength lies only in being strange), Yagody (whose song is the most distinctive and epic) and finally Skylerr (whose song is actually the best constructed) . Melovin is overrated. I don't understand the fuss over him.

Mimmon

Veteran
My final Vidbir 2024 top....

1.Alyona Alyona and Jerry Heil-"Teresa & Maria"
2.Nahaba-"Glasss"
3.Ziferblat-"Place I Call Home"
4.Yagody-"Tsunamia"
5.Ingret-"Keeper"
6.Mélovin-Dreamer"
7.Anka-"Palala"
8.Drevo-"Endless Chain"
9.Yaktak-"Lalala"
10.Skylerr-Time Is Running Out"
11.Nazva-"Slavic English"

Overall thoughts: Good selection, very ethnic mood and with interesting elements song by song which I like....
''I GOT A POWER.... AND THAT POWER IS ENGLISH'' Died in laughter

AlekS

Veteran
sregojE.jpg

The voting for the jury has started in the Diia state app.

Andriy Danylko (Verka), Jamala, Kateryna Pavlenko (Go_A) are among candidates. And they can be the winners, judging from results.

We can congratulate Melovin with at least one highest jury mark (from Verka). I will gag if Katya won't give the highest mark to YAGODY or NAHABA :) Jamala will prefer alyona alyona and Jerry Heil or YAGODY.

Rumours say that Yulia Sanina (Eurovision 2023 host) xlove will be one of 3 Vidbir hosts.

Last edited:

gingerale

I don't think it is a strong Vidbir selection. Quite disappointing. Most songs seem like replicas of past (better) Vidbir entries.

I'm irritated that I like Melovin the most even if it sounds like a demo. But it's banging. The Jerry Heil x Alyona Alyona song also feels unfinished and disjointed. And the mother theme is getting a bit tired.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Most songs seem like replicas of past (better) Vidbir entries.
I don't recall any song that sounds like a... replica xrofl

I'm irritated that I like Melovin the most even if it sounds like a demo. But it's banging. The Jerry Heil x Alyona Alyona song also feels unfinished and disjointed.
*confused even more* Both songs sound well produced. As for alyona alyona & Jerry Heil, most people (including artists) actually mention its production as its strong feature.

And the mother theme is getting a bit tired.
None of the songs represents mother theme as the main storyline. Praising women? Hell yeah (and it never gets old)! Mother? Not really.

AlekS

Veteran
alyona alyona & Jerry Heil are trending at #1 on YT ("Music") with their own picture video. They also peaked at #2 in general trends :) The lyric video and picture video accumulated 750k views in just 3 days.

YAKTAK is at #2 ("Music) with the music video, but he's got almost twice less views and even less likes than alyona alyona & Jerry Heil. Moreover, Melovin can pawn him in televoting. YAKTAK has a bigger fanbase but much worse live vocals and shitty running order. Fan vote is less influential with 1 vote per 1 Diia account system.

Last edited:

Fierro

Melovin mentioned that drawing number 7 for his performance order is 'special' in this particular occurrence, be cautious of his witch powers 👀

Top Bottom