Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2020 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
tr.png

Zonne147

Re: TURKEY 2020

Would like to see them again in Eurovision... Well, I don't think 2020 will be the year

anto475

Erdogan is looking more and more unstable. While I don't think he's going anywhere fast I really don't think he's going to turn around and consent to Turkey returning to the contest next year.

hijirio

Veteran

Our participation is out of question until 2024 the earliest.
So, until then I'm dropping down this new summer bop from Aleyna Tilki. Enjoy xcheers

DenizESC

Banned

Our participation is out of question until 2024 the earliest.
So, until then I'm dropping down this new summer bop from Aleyna Tilki. Enjoy xcheers

Aleyna Fox slayed once again xlove this might be my favorite song of her yet. I love how you can see that real and genuine blank/dumb look through her eyes, she clearly is thinking about nothing at all even while filming her video clip. True queen. xrose

And sponsored by cornetto xheat

Whenever we join, we have to send her for sure.

Brandt

Realistically speaking, any case of TRT returning to the contest would be bad for both Turkish reputation among Eurofans and the contest itself. The government for the time being uses basically anything they have as a propaganda for themselves. I can already see a progovernment cheap artist being chosen and sending a propaganda song with some disgusting drama following behind. No way the government would skip on this oppurtunity.

How sad, to think about it, after the 2012 contest, TRT invited many past Turkish Eurovision representatives and nationally known/respected singers for a meeting to discuss how to handle the future entries in the Eurovision for more successful results. It was an admirable enthusiasm. Then suddenly the government silenced the person in charge, only to replace him for good next year. Now all TRT has is an ignorant man who says they can't show children Conchita on TVs.

Oshawott

Serhat representing San Marino from time to time is the closest thing we'll have from Turkey participating in the next few years.

GRE

No reason for hopping.
It's just unrealistic.

hijirio

Veteran

Will Turkey perhaps return now??

lol unfortunately not. it's just Istanbul metropolitan mayorship :) still we are allowed to have a small grain of hope for the dictator to lose in 2023 and we come back to Eurovision way better than before, a la Italy 2011 xheart

BorisBubbles

Veteran

There's no rush for Turkey to return imo. Their current attitude towards ESC would make them a toxic presence. Once they outgrow their homophobia and victim complexes, then perhaps a return would be warranted. Until then I'm fine with them staying away indefinitely.

hijirio

Veteran

There's no rush for Turkey to return imo. Their current attitude towards ESC would make them a toxic presence. Once they outgrow their homophobia and victim complexes, then perhaps a return would be warranted. Until then I'm fine with them staying away indefinitely.

Exactly! And considering the negative attitude towards homophobic countries at ESC (hiiiii Russia) I reckon our entry would be booed all along and I could even join the crowd in that sense :D
I would prefer Turkey to come back when the top TRT officials become more openminded and they make sure nothing is censored in the contest. I can already imagine our commentator talking shite about flamboyant songs&singers *facepalm*

DenizESC

Banned

NOO! If TRT is gonna be broadcaster.

YES for everyone else. My attitude has been like this from the start.

Last option is 2023.

My worry is not at how TRT commentators would br talking smack about flamboyant singers, I doubt that'd happen tbh, Turkey has many accepted and loved flanboyant/LGBT artists but TRT will use it for Erdogan's agenda and we will def. get booed at and put to shame, so no thanks for now.

DenizESC

Banned

I don't think homophobia is a reason to not take part... Many homophobic countries take part xshrug even ones that are worse then Turkey.

DenizESC

Banned

I just don't understand why other broadcasters can't/aren't taking over the role...

Top Bottom