2019: 7 in the Semi / 2 in the Final
2018: 12 in the Semi / 12 in the Final
2017: 4 in the Final
2016: 10 in the Final
2015: 10 in the Semi / 10 in the Final
2014: 4 in the Final
2013: 12 in the Final
2012: 12 in the Final

Hope this gets rewarded with a german Jury this Saturday.

My Prayers have been heard xcheer

Dessi

Jacqline or Cazzi Opeia.... They are my winners x12pointsxheartxcheer

I can tolerate Smash into Pieces and Liamoo .... xhug
and maybe Lisa Ajax... xrose

esc87fan

The final exit poll...

1. Marcus & Martinus (190)
2. Medina (121)
3. Smash Into Pieces (61)
4. Danny Saucedo (56)
5. Liamoo (53)
6. Maria Sur (52)
7. Cazzi Opeia (43)
8. Jacqline (36)
9. Annika Wickihalder (20)
10. Dotter (20)
11. Lisa Ajax (18)
12. Jay Smith (12)

Citelis

I like MM and their entry but it's kind of disappointing how nearly everyone knew that they are going to win even before listening to the song.

JenJen94

M&M's song is good but for me its really nothing...memorable?? Great staging though.

From the finalists I want either: Medina, Dotter, or Maria Sur to take the crown. Jacqline I wouldn't mind either, she's still one of my favourites but apparently her Jury performance wasn't the strongest (she's sick I think). Lisa Ajax has a lovely song too. We'll see tomorrow (today!)!

esc87fan

M&M and Medina will definitely be fighting for the bulk of the younger demographics, leaving the rest wide open for other acts

ZoboCamel

The quality distribution of this final (and this year's MF overall) is kinda weird for me. I actually quite like almost every entry in the final (except maybe Cazzi's), which is very rare. But at the same time, nothing makes me go whoa, and nothing's going to be challenging my big group of favourites. It's like... virtually every entry in the final would get somewhere between a 6 and an 8 in the poll here from me, lol.

That said, I'd be happiest with the obvious favourites (M&M), or a surprise win from Smash Into Pieces, Jay Smith or Dotter, since those would probably be my best shot at getting one of those 8s here.

Nicfedy

The final exit poll...

1. Marcus & Martinus (190)
2. Medina (121)
3. Smash Into Pieces (61)
4. Danny Saucedo (56)
5. Liamoo (53)
6. Maria Sur (52)
7. Cazzi Opeia (43)
8. Jacqline (36)
9. Annika Wickihalder (20)
10. Dotter (20)
11. Lisa Ajax (18)
12. Jay Smith (12)
That poll seems to be upside down.

Realest

The most important Evening of the NF-Season has finally arrived xcheer

Marcos C

Wow! I'm really feeling the heat in this thread!

I'm ready for what the Melodifestivalen final has to offer, with or without English commentary. xheat

jatojo

According to the ESC United reviews, Iceland's contest was considerably stronger than Melfest. The 10th highest scoring Icelandic song would have ended 4th in Sweden - according to the review team!

That's a bit absurd, tbh. I mean - okay, you don't have to love Swedish pop music to have an opinion about it, but I honestly find it very hard to see how Söngvakeppnin can be regarded as so much better than Melodifestivalen. After all, the two countries are fairly similar in terms of music culture, and I don't think Iceland's songs are much more complex than the Swedish ones.

Would Here Björk have ended second at Melfest? Of course she wouldn't, but the ESC United reviewers think so, even though she was only on their 7th place! Denmark's 'Sand' was nowhere near Björk's ESC United score!

I actually like the written reviews in general. I just think that ESC United should take a critical look at who is in that review team, so that the average opinion is somewhat relateable to the average ESC fan's taste.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
According to the ESC United reviews, Iceland's contest was considerably stronger than Melfest. The 10th highest scoring Icelandic song would have ended 4th in Sweden - according to the review team!
I for my part can relate to that, maybe not in terms of the final, but regarding all the songs offered at the semis. Iceland was much stronger. Sweden for me had almost the weakest songs this season.

jatojo

I for my part can relate to that, maybe not in terms of the final, but regarding all the songs offered at the semis. Iceland was much stronger. Sweden for me had almost the weakest songs this season.

I'm definitely not the biggest fan of Melodifestivalen. The show has produced some really strong winning songs for Sweden, but the level in general is overrated, I think. However, I'm sure Hera Björk's song would have gone out early in the contest this year. I only found 1-2 good songs in the Icelandic contest (and one of them seemed rather amateurish when performed on stage) - quite a few were massively overhyped in my opinion.

Giving 8 out of 10 Melfest finalists less than 4 points, as David from the review team does, isn't serious. Not when it's a review from a Eurovision fan site. It seems almost provocative.

NemesisNick

I've already seen videos of the 12 Melfest 2024 finalist songs online. The versions I saw looked as though they were taken from the earlier stages of Melfest 2024, so I already have a good idea of how the songs will look and sound tonght.

Does anyone get the subtle hint that SVT doesn't want to win again this year (or rather, have to host ESC 2025 next year)? Most of those Melfest 2024 finalist entries look / sound like good ESC host entries, and the better ones could end up left hand side of the scoreboard in May, but I for one don't think any of tonight's entries will be good enough to win ESC 2024. Let's look back at the last 3 times Sweden hosted the ESC:

2000 Roger Pontare - "When Spirits Are Calling My Name" 7th of 24 participants
2013 Robin Stjernberg - "You" 14th of 26 finalists
2016 Frans - "If I Were Sorry" 5th of 26 finalists

Top Bottom