4 2.6%

15 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

BorisBubbles

Veteran
ahhh looks like we're back to being shit this week. good to know last week was the outlier.

mauve

Veteran
So far from all the songs we have heard I like Circus X the most. But I doubt that Sweden would ever send this. The rest is another meh, even Dotter has a lame song.

Realest

Im so obsessed with Dannys Snippet.

jatojo

As I've said numerous times: It would be so refreshing if Sweden not only reserves the old-fashioned songs for the Swedish language, but also dares to have more upbeat pop songs sung in Swedish.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
I'm dubitative about these snippets... excepted Danny's one: he's definitely stuck in 2011. Dotter? It may be a flop but, with the first pictures from the rehearsals, I feel she can do a "Cornelia".
And yes, Swedish language should not be reserved to schlagerish songs. Unfortunately, the two exceptions are Medina (that I dislike) and Clara Klingenström (who has been eliminated). I'm cautiously pessimistic about any evolution about this.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Danny is my favourite from these snippets. Lia Larsson's 30 km/h sounds ok I guess but I can also see it annoying me. Dotter this time sounds better than her Little Tot attempt (not hard to beat that) but it won't reach the heights of Bulletproof.

FabiESC

01 Danny Saucedo – Happy That You Found Me 10/10
02 Lia Larsson – 30 km/h 8/10
03 SCARLET – Circus X 7/10
04 Albin Tingwall – Done Getting Over You 6/10
05 Lasse Stefanz – En sång om sommaren 6/10
06 Dotter – It's Not Easy to Write a Love Song 5/10

Overall we getting better we very heat, new best heat this week. I love the song from Danny, reminds of Amazing back in 2012, i really would love to see him on Eurovision stage, he deserved. Lia's song is good, looking forward to the performance and i like the song from Scarlet, this will be a entertaining. Albin und Lasse are ok. Dotter is still not my thing, the song is ok, but also boring.

My prediction (still trying it, but last week was everything wrong)

F Danny Saucedo
F Dotter
-
3rd Lia Larsson
4th Albin Tingwall
-
5th Lasse Stefanz
6th SCARLET

FilipFromSweden

I only liked Scarlet tbh. Dotter has potential but so far it's giving album filler ... Danny you are such old news

EscGeek

Veteran
OK, now we're talkin' Sweden xmusic xheat
Epadunk is the new Dansband. I hope for many more in the future.. Lia sounds awesome! xyaaay
And Dotter finally has a song i can get behind. Yaaaaay
I like Scarlet too.

I LOVE the wikipedia article about Epadunk btw xrofl

Epadunk, epa-dunk[1] or raggardunk[2][3] is a genre of music, often electronic, that has been associated with EPA tractors and A-tractors in Sweden since the early 2020s.

The lyrics often focus on themes like alcohol, sex and driving A-tractors (a car modified to have a low maximum speed that can be driven from 15 years of age and which is often associated with rural Sweden).[4] The genre achieved significant commercial success in Sweden in 2022, with several songs among the most-streamed on streaming services.[4] The musical style can be viewed as part of a wider lifestyle and culture where young people driving EPA tractors/A-tractors want to show off their vehicles with accompanying sound systems. In addition to electronic party music sound systems.

I bims

Veteran
What has aged worse, Danny's music or that face?
dated.png

His song is so bad 😭 Very 2010 Eurovision, but actually still dated back then. Please spare us, Sweden.

Dotter's song is sadly also not that great but it's a grower. Have been listening to the snippet on repeat while cleaning and it gets better and better for me (also currently texting a cute guy, so I'm in the mood for music like that). The thing is bulletproof at first wasn't that great as a snippet either but the staging elevated it. So let's wait what she does with this, there still is potential.

But looks like this Edition is for Marcus and Martinus to lose, if "Unforgettable" is as good and well staged as "Air" they have this in the bag.

Fluke

Albin Tingwall: Another Anton Hagman-clone.

Lia Larsson: Basically female Samir & Viktor. Very weak songwriting, vocals and production.

Dotter: I don't get why so many artists this year seems forced into generic radio-pop, especially when they don't normally sound like this. I can tell this is slightly higher quality, but it just disappears among the similar entries to me.

Scarlet: The standout entry here. At first i wish it was a bit more true to the genre, (whatever that is, synth-metal?!?) but those objections may disappear with the full song and the staging. Kinda feel like this could even win the whole thing. Really excited for this.

Lasse Stefanz: Really excited for this too. No, just kidding, it's another damn "Hallabaloo" for, and about nostalgic elderlies.

Danny Saucedo: Really disappointed, why doesn't he go full R&B instead of blasting more generic radio-pop? "Dandi Dansa" was good and the right direction for him, this has none of his distinctiveness at all, and it's the third or fourth entry this week to have a damn ooo-o-ooo part.

So, i'm very clearly hoping for Scarlet to go DTF and out of the remaining acts, i guess i'd prefer Danny or Lia Larsson to make the top 2. Wouldn't really count any entry out of making top 4 this week, they're so evenly mediocre that even Lasse Stefanz has a chance!

mauve

Veteran

empo21

Veteran
Semi 3 spoiled us and now we have to endure Semi 4.

Lia's rehearsal looked the best to me and everything else is either boring or disappointing (dotter, danny)

Franzilein

Almost thought Albin was gonna burst out into Take Me On by a-ha. And Dotter wants to do another Bulletproof and get shot down again, girl, do I need to worry? What is this obsession with bullets?

Circus X seems to be the only worthwhile entry in this round, although I can kinda get behind En sång om sommaren. It's cute.

esc87fan

Heat 4 exit poll results:

1. Danny Saucedo (261)
2. SCARLET (218)
3. Lia Larsson (113)
4. Dotter (81)
5. Albin Tingwall (47)
6. Lasse Stefanz (18)

Top Bottom