5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

FilipFromSweden

Being in the arena, experiencing Tattoo live, was something else. I had tears in my eyes the first time I saw it and last night, seeing it for the 100th time (live), I got tears in my eyes again. Powerful beyond words, her capability to deliver such vocals, with emotions, is world class. I actually liked that the smoke machine went a little crazy because it made the performance more dystopian, like she was in a desert storm for the first half, it felt unexpected.

A bit surprised she ''only'' got 85 points but I'm going to assume she got way more actual votes than what 85 points represent and that the little kids were just being little shits as usual

FilipFromSweden

Also, for people who are making a big deal out of her only getting an 8 from Croatia, go look at the jury points she got in 2012, they were not as high as the one for Tattoo

Sammy

Veteran
Complaining that a clear winner did not get „enough points“ is just a prove that one puts his/her own taste absolute. Basically it means not wanting anyone else to have a different taste/opinion… rather an arrogant attitude if you ask me.

FilipFromSweden

I see the "official video" uploaded to the ESC YouTube channel is the Semi-final performance. Smoke machine wrecking that chance to have the clean final video for the channel :lol:

It's actually the jury final performance, which is great because then we get to see what the juries saw

FilipFromSweden

Complaining that a clear winner did not get „enough points“ is just a prove that one puts his/her own taste absolute. Basically it means not wanting anyone else to have a different taste/opinion… rather an arrogant attitude if you ask me.
Oh please, it's just fangirling and it's not that serious. We complain about results all the time as Eurovision fans

Ezio

Veteran
SVT gloats about 2000 submissions but the same composers get all the slots. No one could tell me the safe plastic pop is all that Sweden could offer. We had Sobral, Måneskin and Kalush Orchestra winning with original songs in their native language but Sweden wants to teach us that's not right. I am happy I have to work this Eurovision because I am not gonna accept watching the crowning of a mediocre pop over Cha Cha Cha.

FilipFromSweden

The music in Melodifestivalen could be more diverse, however, let's not assume that SVT gets 2000 high quality songs. I know a couple of people who worked on sorting out the songs for Melfest 2017 and they said some tracks are like misscatylove - intro or just terrible stuff. In 2010 SVT had an online open competition in which anyone could enter with their song and they all got published way before Melfest: the winner would get a spot. This is what we got...

Ezio

Veteran
That's just entitlement and cancel culture and disrespectful to all the artists who didn't have a fair shot.

Ezio

Veteran
The music in Melodifestivalen could be more diverse, however, let's not assume that SVT gets 2000 high quality songs. I know a couple of people who worked on sorting out the songs for Melfest 2017 and they said some tracks are like misscatylove - intro or just terrible stuff. In 2010 SVT had an online open competition in which anyone could enter with their song and they all got published way before Melfest: the winner would get a spot. This is what we got...

I wonder if Edgar Allen Poe or Cha Cha Cha would have had a slot at Melfest, since they are risky, ironic and singer-songwriter songs unlike the Gsson, Thörfeldt and Lauren Bäker mass productions.

FilipFromSweden

Complaining that a clear winner did not get „enough points“ is just a prove that one puts his/her own taste absolute.
It's actually true, I do know the best. Nobody's opinion matters as much as mine

jatojo

Have you watched the czech Selection, where everyone except the Winner was a real hopeless Filler?

Melfest had lots of good Songs, that would qualify and could potentially do pretty well (Marcus and Martinus would have been Top10, lots of others Top15).

No doubt about it, and the same goes for UMK and Norsk MGP. But there will always be people who think that their own awkward taste is superior to that of the majority.

Sammy

Veteran
Slow ballads wasn't what made ABBA great. Go and learn something.
I heard the first ABBA song when it came out and followed them ever since - so… I‘m pretty confident I know what I‘m talking about. :mrgreen:

Sparky

Exactly. What's up with this croatian jury abuse? This is an unacceptable behaviour and counter productive as well. I hope Loreen and her overrated song won't win after this debacle.

HarryUK

Veteran
It's just two stations away with the commuter train to the city center, and it does stop there. It's very well-connected to the public transport, you just have to walk through a big shopping mall when you get there.
Tack!! For some reason I couldn't see any connecting transport, but that is a relief. I'll keep an eye out for 2024 tickets in the future now.

FilipFromSweden

Exactly. What's up with this croatian jury abuse? This is an unacceptable behaviour and counter productive as well. I hope Loreen and her overrated song won't win after this debacle.
Oh my god, the sensitivity in here. It’s a discussion forum where we voice our opinions. It’s perfectly legit to boo the choices of a jury, it’s really not that serious. We used to boo the Swedish jury all the time before they got scrapped for always choosing flop entries.

Also, regardless of what you think of fan reactions, I don’t see why it should affect Loreen who has nothing to do with it, you’re just a toxic hater

jatojo

I heard the first ABBA song when it came out and followed them ever since - so… I‘m pretty confident I know what I‘m talking about. :mrgreen:
All the more weird that you can regard a ballad that was even one of their very last hits to be typical. It's like saying Are You Lonesome Tonight is a typical Elvis Presley song.

No, typical ABBA is songs like Super Trouper, Ring-Ring, Waterloo and Gimme Gimme Gimme, and the most ABBA like song in the history of Eurovision is probably Charlotte Nilsson's winning entry. Most other things said about ABBA in a Eurovision context is rubbish.

Top Bottom