'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

yulara

well, what can I say about this entry... I don't get the hype around it... (And will this hype exist for this song if it was presented by another country, that's the question :geek:)
It's decided, I rather like Ja Ja Ding Dong xcrazy

ChiversLookDivine

On the one hand I really want to get behind Cornelia because it's a genuinely great song.

On the other hand, the song being good and Sweden being one of the favourites again has brought out all the toxic stans on Twitter acting incredibly entitled like they deserve the win, so... yeah.

I find it incredibly hard to give anything less than an :8:, I fully expect it to be Top 5... but damn are some of the songs supporters on social media just the most insufferable sorts of fans.

Mind you, and speaking as a Brit, being a Swedish Eurofan feels like a whole other world of regular left-hand finishes and a country that gets behind their song.

SarahM

This is a really decent entry and if it wins it will be well deserved. I really like Cornelia's charisma on stage, the song is well written and not overly produced. It's not my favorite, so I give it an :8:.
As an Irish person, I secretly hope she doesn't win so Sweden won't share the same number of victories... is that bad?! :lol:

Last edited:

MooseShoes

This is a really decent entry and if it wins it will be well deserved. I really like Cornelia's charisma on stage, and the song is well written and not overly produced. It's not my favorite, so I give it an :8:.
As an Irish person, I secretly hope she doesn't win so Sweden won't share the same number of victories... is that bad?! :lol:
No, it's perfectly understandable. I'd also miss asking younger fans who has the most victories and watching their expressions of disbelief when they're told it's Ireland!

At least it'd feel kind-of deserved this time, unlike if they'd been given a jury-supported victory between 2016 and now.

SarahM

No, it's perfectly understandable. I'd also miss asking younger fans who has the most victories and watching their expressions of disbelief when they're told it's Ireland!

At least it'd feel kind-of deserved this time, unlike if they'd been given a jury-supported victory between 2016 and now.
Haha that's so funny! RTE love going on and on about it any time the Eurovision is brought up we couldn't forget about it. Each Euro Song election episode is about looking back to the glory days :rolleyes:. At least the UK is starting to take Eurovision more seriously this year, the Irish delegation is too busy reminiscing.
I couldn't be mad if this entry won, it's such a good quality package. I love how Sweden put so much effort into selecting a song, and how the Swedes get behind their act.

Bmbriga

I Like the song, but I don't think it's in my Top 5. But, it's a great song, love the chorus. I'm going to give it :8:

Ezio

Veteran
I just had a coffee, listened to this song for 2 minutes and now I am tired again. It really bores me out as 90% of all the ballads this year. How this is supposed to be the frontrunner this year is beyond me. Her voice is so grating, like Reddie's from Denmark. But Eurovision is a country flag competition with always the same 5 countries at the top of polls and bookmakers, so that the producers can run the show in their favour.

Kinda fishy when the draw is basically decided by a Dutch and the Executive is Swedish and both countries get sweet spots in their semis and will do so in the GF as well.

Zerocalcare

I just had a coffee, listened to this song for 2 minutes and now I am tired again. It really bores me out as 90% of all the ballads this year. How this is supposed to be the frontrunner this year is beyond me. Her voice is so grating, like Reddie's from Denmark. But Eurovision is a country flag competition with always the same 5 countries at the top of polls and bookmakers, so that the producers can run the show in their favour.

Kinda fishy when the draw is basically decided by a Dutch and the Executive is Swedish and both countries get sweet spots in their semis and will do so in the GF as well.
Ezio be careful or you will be accused of being a conspiracy theorist and / or flat earther 😆

The song from Sweden is technically good and Cornelia's biting voice has its charm but after the first listen it all ends there. The problem is that the song has no "warmth", it fails to give emotion like, take a ballad for example, the Netherlands. Another ballad with a "Swedish flavor" is that of Greece which has a great climax but the rest is flat and repetitive.

I imagine Sweden buying a lot of points from the jury and a lukewarm consensus from the public. The Top 10 with these assumptions is obvious.

Ezio

Veteran
Greece also bores me, and is not the right song for an early morning nor for a party night. Maybe for 3 o'clock at night, when you are drunk and horny. I would give Greece 7 or 8 points, since it's more interesting, which is 1-2 points more than Sweden, and I am very generous here.

This year, it feels so extreme and exaggerated to see Sweden on top of the polls with a song like this. This is not Bulletproof nor Too Late For Love, and yet the "consensus" is this is a winner. It feels my brain is getting f*cked, i cannot reconcile this with the reality. I don't believe in a flat earth, but in a Swedish Euromafia. And I don't trust the producers, the wiwibloggers, the OGAE pollsters, the juries. The only trust I have is in the televote.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
I'm not getting the hype either. I simply can’t connect with the song nor her. I think Sweden will be the jury winner and Ukraine the televote so there‘s hopefully a third country doing the Lawrence and winning from second place in both.

Preuss

Now that I’m used to the studio version as well, it’s safe to say that she’s pretty much able to replicate it bar the last minute where her vocals drown in the backing vocals. I think this needs to be solved in Torino

Lindon

I don't get the hype either

Ezio

Veteran
I dont like De Diepte very much and Die Together is a very manufactured song indeed. Actually it’s so manufactured that it feels kinda inadequat. But well, good enough for my top 10

HarryUK

Veteran
Cornelia is great & I’ve warmed to the song considerably, it’s now in my top 10. My favourites at Melfest though were Klara & LIAMOO; either would have been in my top 3 this year

Zerocalcare

How many Swedes were there at the London Pre Party? 😱 Flags and choirs... it felt like being in Stockholm 😄 However, although "Hold Me Closer" trades its strength purely from the chorus and is a bit too repetitive, it cannot be denied that the song has potential and I admit that the Cornelia's performance was so far, after 4 songs listened to, the most convincing. Sweden is a candidate among the nations that can conquer the stage in Turin.

Top Bottom