28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
@EscGeek

Do you think Slovenian jury and televoting will go for The Mamas?

You have to keep in mind that back then bookies were very slow to react. Nowadays they are much faster and most of them use pretty decent models to gain some understanding of what the hell is going on.

Things certainly have changed since then. But if I am not misremembering, Sweden was still somewhere around 5-6th place until rehearsals started and then it started drifting a lot. Sadly my only screenshot is from 14th May. They were still 10th place on that day.

Uto

Veteran
Things certainly have changed since then. But if I am not misremembering, Sweden was still somewhere around 5-6th place until rehearsals started and then it started drifting a lot. Sadly my only screenshot is from 14th May. They were still 10th place on that day.
That could be, I have no clear recollection of that year. I know only that Denmark was way up there pretty soon and there was no money to be made doing weird stuff because it was basically Denmark at the top and then a whole lot of unpredictable entries all the way down. You couldn't even place a solid bet on last place if you wanted to.

FilipFromSweden

I really don’t trust the odds this year. The Mamas had far higher odds than they do now for winning Melodifestivalen and very few pegged them as winners so they could beat the odds again. Not saying they will, but I wouldn’t count them out

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The Mamas dropped because Destiny barged in with a better song in the same genre as Move.

Once again: The Mamas aren't a problem. MOVE is the problem. Move is a cage. It is a gospel song with an INSTRUMENTAL chorus. That shit may (barely) work on Nano who has no specific singing talents, but on the Mamas it BRINGS THEM DOWN to a level way below their ability.

You may go back to this post once they have done underwhelmingly in the televote.

pastablanche

That mic only video proves nothing. It isn't a mic only feed, they don't exist anymore. Some kind of software was used to isolate the vocals and, well, it struggles when there's a lot of playback/backing support.

Preuss

Was concerned about how it would sound without prerecorded backings but they sound amazing and with 3 live backing singers the choir will be easy to replicate. They're so talented.

my only concern is that this is from the semi performance and it seems to me like melfest acts usually are vocally stronger in the semi than in the final, idk why but it’s almost like if they have some help or it might just be the pressure

I will be very sad if they were to not finish top ten at least, but anyway they came 5th lastyear so they’ve already done well

Preuss

THE MAMAS GOT MORE VOTES FROM THE PUBLIC IN TOTAL THAN DOTTER

Och The Mamas fick 1 610 446 röster medan Dotter fick 1 489 636 – en skillnad på 120 810 röster

Preuss

In the semi, Hanna got 12 points from every age group except from 16-29 :eek:
surprising

and Anna beat Dotter in their semi

reginanoctis

Some interesting things:
- Dotter won her semi in votes, but Anna won it in points
- Frida Öhrn was actually 4th and Simon & Ellen 3rd in votes in their semi, but reversed in points, which is what counts. Interesting as it decides which songs can face each other in AC
- Malou Prytz actually got more votes, but won less age groups, than Paul Rey in AC

FilipFromSweden

Mamas got 120 000 more votes? They really did deserve to win it then. How ironic that Dotter was the one who benefitted from the system and not The Mamas...

FilipFromSweden

Felix Sandman vs. Frida Öhrn was 4-4 with Felix winning because he had the most actual votes! I knew it would be more even than people expected!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
- Frida Öhrn was actually 4th and Simon & Ellen 3rd in votes in their semi, but reversed in points, which is what counts. Interesting as it decides which songs can face each other in AC

and William Stridh got more votes than both of them #robbed

alca

My girls came first in both points and votes. They were the clear winner. End of story!

• La La Love
Reactions: GRE
Top Bottom