1 0.7%

2 1.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mika

:sl: is criminally underrated this year. 30th in the odds? :cautious:
This is ESC, and some smaller countries have zero chances regardless of what they send. If Veronika were sent by Scandinavians, it would surely make the top 5. It is what it is.

In other news, here's Raiven having fun while bleaching her brows. :D

Mika

Do you think that Ramonda could be a direct competitor to Veronika, especially considering the fact that both countries are performing in the same semi-final?

Realest

:sl: is the biggest Winner of yesterdays Results.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Do you think that Ramonda could be a direct competitor to Veronika, especially considering the fact that both countries are performing in the same semi-final?

If they were in the same half maybe but they're not so I think both will be fine. Serbia has a lot of diaspora and even without it the package is strong enough to qualify, especially in a semi where 3 countries already are probably DOA (Iceland, Azerbaijan, Moldova).

Slovenia stands out in that 2nd half and they also have Croatia and Serbia to help them out.

Both are quality enough to qualify, again they've already beaten 3 countries, and they only need to beat 2 more.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Nah, I would vote for Veronika but not for Ramonda.

I'd say her biggest competitor is herself (or :ie: to a lesser extent - I slightly prefer Bambie but my possible vote for both of them would depend on how the package comes out in May). I guess the main issue is perhaps not sounding instant enough for the GP to vote for it.

I hope she qualifies but I wouldn't be surprised if she just misses out.

Mainshow

Veteran
:sl: is part of my personal Top 3 and I don't even really like :rs: that much... I don't think both entries target the same audience groups(?)

I also believe that they're quite different - :rs: is more like an ordinary ballad - parts of it are even radio-friendly, imo.
:sl: is more artsy-fartsy and less instant (but it also makes it more memorable, imo) - both songs are "quality entries", though and :rs: will be getting some diaspora support.

Personally, I think that both songs can qualify (and I would be happy to see both of them in the GF again).

Looren

Veteran
:sl: is part of my personal Top 3 and I don't even really like :rs: that much... I don't think both entries target the same audience groups(?)

Yup I think so too, I have Serbia in my top 5 and Slovenia is quite far away from it, I don't think both entries will cancel each other as they're very different imo

Mika

She's going to wear an "invisible catsuit" in Malmo, so basically I'm guessing something similar to Dora's outfit. And she hopes to meet Loreen.

AlekS

Veteran
Raiven gave exclusive interview for Ukrainian ESC community. She confirmed the revamp. "It's still gonna have the same sound, it's just about the length and details to make dramatic effect on stage as well. It's not gonna be a totally different song, don't worry". Most def we will hear it for the first time in Malmö.

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
What they really just need to do is make the climax at the end pop out more. And remove the PAUSE. Christ almighty ANYTHING but that pause.

still, i've given Veronika enough listens to commit to her journey in print as well. upgrading to a :12:. :-)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I genuinely forgot that I'd given her less than 10 until this morning.

empo21

Veteran
Dance break incoming xheat

Joke aside, I hope the changes aren't too drastic, because there really isn't much to change imo

musicfan

This definitely doesn't need drastic changes. I find the climax at the end good. It's unfortunate the more mainstream sounding Belgian song gets praised so much and this appears not to be because this has more potential.

MojVoda

I also believe that they're quite different - :rs: is more like an ordinary ballad - parts of it are even radio-friendly, imo.
:sl: is more artsy-fartsy and less instant (but it also makes it more memorable, imo) - both songs are "quality entries", though and :rs: will be getting some diaspora support.

Personally, I think that both songs can qualify (and I would be happy to see both of them in the GF again).
Both are pretentious to be honest. The slight difference is that :rs: is for its domestic audience and have a more "local" sound to it, the still doesn't offer something fresh or groundbreaking to get us truly invested in it. :sl: was selected internally and was made for the international audience with the more "polish" sound. Neither reach the potential like needed to get the proper support. The likely outcome is one will get the better televote than the other and vice versa with juryvote.

I do like both songs, we both try to stay relevant for the outside world but we have become standard lately.

mup

Regardless of how Veronika will place, I find interesting that Raiven traces her inspiration from the lives of women in history, I also appreciate the mystical lyrics of her song. From her bio I see that Raiven is also a harpist and an opera/theatre singer. (y) Good luck to her!

Top Bottom