(All I need is love)
Nessuno mi può giudicare
(All I need is love)
Ti fidi di me?
(All I need is love)
Che stupido uomo

I don’t know​

hzalfa

Even if there was no televoting (I admit I know nothing because I am lazily disinterested) and the vote will be done only through a jury, is it really impossible for Achille Lauro to win? You do not need the fanbase but the agreement between the Titano and the Achille record company that will shell out good money xqueenbitch

Anyway, you've heard the latest news that the LRDL wants to run as a representative of the Vatican City! xfaint For me it's just an advertising stunt :lol:
The whole Vatican City thing was obviously just a joke, riding on the buzz about them being open to represent San Marino.
Obviously it's not impossible for Achille Lauro to win, but he is not exactly the most jury friendly guy.

Zonne147

This is... unexpected!!!

Really looking forward to see what Cristina Ramos and Burak Yeter have in store for us, especially the latter. Cristina is an amazing singer and Tuesday was one of my most listened songs 3 or 4 years ago

:sm: slaying again xheat

esc87fan

I saw Cristina on the first season of America's Got Talent: The Champions, her rock/opera cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" was mind-blowing

crashworld

Veteran
Interesting to see Achille Lauro again. I do enjoy his Sanremo's song this year. I doubt he will be competing with the same song he did with Sanremo. I mean between Sanremo and San Marino NF, I am sure he would have presented a better song for the former given the prestige the festival is. Looking forward to his participation.

As for the rest, no idea who they are. To be honest, when I was reading how San Marino is going to select their entry this year, it feels like they are taking it very seriously. I wonder if it's because the contest is in Italy that's why they want to go all out to give their best shot.

Interesting to see Achille Lauro again. I do enjoy his Sanremo's song this year. I doubt he will be competing with the same song he did with Sanremo. I mean between Sanremo and San Marino NF, I am sure he would have presented a better song for the former given the prestige the festival is. Looking forward to his participation.

As for the rest, no idea who they are. To be honest, when I was reading how San Marino is going to select their entry this year, it feels like they are taking it very seriously. I wonder if it's because the contest is in Italy that's why they want to go all out to give their best shot.
Nice reasoning xup About something you said I can turn up my nose a little. Mahmood is a very difficult opponent (he has already won Sanremo and finished second in the ESC) and the FdS is a very difficult competition where there are also many other prestigious singers who are not easy to overcome easily. You have to think about one thing, Blanco who for many may seem like a "unknown" has won 28 platinum records, 7 gold records and has obtained more than a billion total streams xshock Would Achille Lauro really have sent his best song to the FdS when he already had an agreement with the internal selection of San Marino which is much simpler? xthink This year San Marino may want to take advantage of the contest in Italy and the strong fan base of some Italian singers to reach a prestigious position. In a sense, San Marino this year could be a "satellite nation" of Italy, a nation that can give Achille Lauro a second chance or space for Valerio Scanu, Francesco Monte and Ivana Spagna who have failed to qualify among the 25 FdS performers.

Mrm

Veteran
Is that a continuation of San Remo 2022? xlove xheart thank you so very much!

IVANA SPAGNA GO TO TURIN! xyes xyaaay

crashworld

Veteran
Nice reasoning xup About something you said I can turn up my nose a little. Mahmood is a very difficult opponent (he has already won Sanremo and finished second in the ESC) and the FdS is a very difficult competition where there are also many other prestigious singers who are not easy to overcome easily. You have to think about one thing, Blanco who for many may seem like a "unknown" has won 28 platinum records, 7 gold records and has obtained more than a billion total streams xshock Would Achille Lauro really have sent his best song to the FdS when he already had an agreement with the internal selection of San Marino which is much simpler? xthink This year San Marino may want to take advantage of the contest in Italy and the strong fan base of some Italian singers to reach a prestigious position. In a sense, San Marino this year could be a "satellite nation" of Italy, a nation that can give Achille Lauro a second chance or space for Valerio Scanu, Francesco Monte and Ivana Spagna who have failed to qualify among the 25 FdS performers.

I mean it depends on what is objective of Achille Lauro though. Could he be just eyeing an international exposure, so he is making use both Sanremo and San Marino NF platforms to achieve that?

And also, I don't know the selection process for Sanremo. Are the artists being invited first then send in a song or it's the other way round (ie. sending a song in they want to sing in Sanremo and then get shortlisted)? Because if it's the latter, then it's very possible that Achille sent in a better song that could up his chances to get shortlisted in Sanremo and he could also have a shot of winning the competition. And he wouldn't know who would get shortlisted when he submitted his song for shortlisting.
Plus, I would believe it's a dream for any Italian artist to win Sanremo given its prestige.

And considering San Marino NF is less prestigious, I am pretty sure he can just submit any new song and still get invited to be part of San Marino's national selection.

So I am very inclined to believe he could have sent in a "better" song for Sanremo.
But of course, how a song is better than another is subjective.

Top Bottom