Contact us

Russia wants to start its own version of Eurovision

JackBauer

This is so much ********. Broadcaster should take their own decision without politic involvement anyway

BGN

This is the person, which have to be asked:

Name: Yurij Aksyuta
Position: Channel One Eurovision HoD and music director

Happiness

What a distressing world we are heading to. We were suppose to be better than last years.

henhu

They might make their own Eurovision, but don't get your hopes up - I don't think they will withdraw :?

GermanBango

Reading this makes me appreciate my own country even more :D

Sammy

Veteran
OMG I never thought Russia would be such a bad looser. (not in terms of their result). I don't like the winner - I don't play with you anymore... that's childish and immature.

EscGeek

Veteran
awrjAPQ_700b.jpg
:lol:

tuorem

Who is the source of these rumours? Because, the only reliable source is the broadcaster itself, and not Russia-1 which was in charge this year, but Channel One which is next. I don't wanna be anyone's defender, but in times where the propaganda wars are at rise, we should be more careful about every piece of information which we get from every kind of media. At this point there is no trustful source of information that claims Russia will withdraw and create own contest. And it's kind of easy case to be solved - they just should ask the Channel One's HoD about that and his/her opinion about the issue. But they don't do it, so I think is a tabloid piece of "news", even from BBC. Which is shame and unprofessional.

I agree. Same old story there.
This thread is pointless. Rumors, only rumors, my gosh.
Russia won't withdraw.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I agree. Same old story there.
This thread is pointless. Rumors, only rumors, my gosh.
Russia won't withdraw.

They have already confirmed, and apparently said the act will probably be selected through the voice.

Dante

I didn't know they were really gonna make it.
Too bad, I don't want them withdrawing. Andorra's gone, Russia's gone, Turkey's gone, who's next?
Eurovision will end up having 5 contestants.

JamesUK1990

Eurovision will end up having 5 contestants.

And Portugal still won't finish in the Top Ten... :lol:

I hope Eurovision doesn't get much smaller, but for the time being in seems more countries are thinking to pull out rather than come back... I'd love to see some of the golden oldies return, like Luxembourg and Monaco. As for a Russian/former USSR song contest, surely that defeats the point of bringing Europe together? Then there'll be a Former Yugoslav song contest, a Scandinavian song contest...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Russia is still taking part in ESC, just that they have created their own contest.

Top Bottom