Contact us

Rumia 227 | There's no cock like horse cock

dogmeat

Re: Rumia NSC 56 - Drinking is good for you!!!

Nevermind, at least there will always be songs to support :]

Btw, I just updated my map. Soon I'll write a few words about each region.

dogmeat

Re: Rumia NSC 57 - Ulitmate POT3!

Rumours say some terrorist organisation stand behind choice of next Rumia's NSC entry. They're said to be planning to kill half of population of all countries who don't belong to mythical pot3. Chosen song is so pot3-ish that anyone not weird enough should die during 24 hours after listening to that. And will be tormented in deepest parts of hell for eternity. Or will just simply dislike it... Rumska TV denies all of these nonsense rumours.

I don't have to say much about this song thanks to a man signing himself as Venom5000 who already wrote fantastic review about album it comes from:
Never in my life have I heard such boring, pretencious rubbish. I cannot describe how boring this record is. Its not beautiful or emotional or dark, its boring, repititive pied piper hackneyed sh.it. IMHO of course...
oh, sorry... wrong one...
this is the review i'm talking about:
To say this album is one of the greatest ever made, isn't terribly far from the truth. This is one of three albums that has earned a five star rating from me (and this guy rated nearly 3000 of them - dogmeat). The Sheer beauty this album presents is unmatched. A somber, melancholic atmosphere tinged with depression. The title Symphonic Doom Metal hardly does justice to the music made. The band is essentially a one man project of ***, who utilizes session musician to bring his work to life. Though that in no way compromises the quality of the music. The music is primarily crafted with the focus on atmosphere and beauty, but that doesn't stop the music from being wonderfully written and performed. ***'s music is created using a wide array of instruments including a Lute, Violin, Keyboards, and Flute, among others. They also incorporate a variety of vocal techniques and styles. Their previous release *** was done as a full band, though very beautiful in it's own way, I feel this one far surpasses it. Unlike *** which feature long 15-30 minute tracks, this album has shorter songs, referred to as ***.

The album starts with a solo Lute instrumental, a beautiful melancholic piece that set the stage wonderfully for the rest of the album. The Lute creates such a gorgeous sound, and shows itself a pivotal part of the album throughout. The Intro bleeds nicely into the first chapter, which is to me one of the many highlights of the album. The Lute soon accompanied by a violin builds up to a perfect release where we're treated to the beautiful vocals of ***, and some stunning guitar work from ***. A godly track, embracing the listener in it melancholy and beauty. You can't help but feel a sense of Autumn, the chilled air and somber depression. *** (this is the song I chose - dogmeat) is another mini masterpiece, the longest chapter on the album, clocking just over 10 minutes. It flows beautifully, the composition is simply stunning. The violins entwining with the gorgeous keys dance before you, evoking a somber, melancholic atmosphere. *** opens with more gorgeous violins and keyboard work. The drums and guitars soon join in, and the Black Metal like vocals wander their way in as well, yet manage not to overpower the gentle somber atmosphere throughout. Despite being labeled Metal this album lulls the listener, it's a very soothing and relaxing album you can throw on as you lounge and stare out the window. Though much of the music is based around the Lute, the other instruments play key roles as well, each enhances and envelopes the listener in the beautiful atmosphere crafted. The Flute for one is prevalent throughout the album as well and is never an unwelcome addition. It's gentle sound usually serving to accompany or enhance the others. This album is primarily instrumental, using vocals somewhat sparingly, especially on the latter half. *** being entirely devoid of vocals, employing some Classical Guitar work, it has no need for them. *** is a short, but intense little piece that sets the way for the closing chapter quite nicely. The last ***, is beautiful, another high point on an album filled with them. The Keys and Flutes begin the piece, playing together to create a beautiful composition, the violin begins quietly, softly enhancing the atmosphere yet even more. The keys take center stage here, and don't disappoint, the guitar kicks in and builds the Atmosphere even higher, ushering in the somberly growled vocals, from there the composition becomes even more beautiful. All instruments are used perfectly to create an atmosphere worthy enough to close the album. The Song is stunning an amazing close to one of the most beautiful recordings ever made.

If you couldn't tell by my abusive use of the word beauty, this album is intensely beautiful. Relentlessly Melancholic, and stunningly well written. One of very few albums I would dare to call Perfect. If you haven't heard this masterpiece, do so.

I'm gonna keep you waiting for a while ;)
Please let me know if you're amused or you're already sure you'll not like it at all.

Last edited:

Keko

Re: Rumia NSC 57 - Ultimate POT3!

Alright. Consider me interested as well. Saying ''chapters'' it makes me think of a certain band, but we'll see. =)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: Rumia in autumn mood; NSC 57 entry revealed

The way you went on you'd think it'd make my ears bleed or something :lol: But this is actually quite pleasant :p Kinda long though...^^ Although I do prefer these 10 minutes to most 3 minute songs :lol:

Last edited:

zechhh

While the song is still very good, I am a bit underwhelmed. I don't know, I expected to be blown away by it after the critic you posted but I wasn't. :p

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh as I still really like the song. :D

Keko

Not the band I had in mind, but this is really good. I xheart the instrumentals, they are beautiful. Really awesome metal entries so far! =D

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member

Nice song, i have a feeling this will be a slow grower :D

EDIT: Actually, i love it already :eek: That combination of vocals...it's so beautiful, the "beauty and the beast" style xheart My favourite band ever uses a similar style, so expect high points xheart Words cannot describe how satisfying this music is xheart

Last edited:

strajker

Re: Rumia in autumn mood; Estatic Fear - A Sombre Dance: Chapter IV

OMG after that two entry (which were bad for me...sorry) this is great :D

dogmeat

Rumia; The Moon and the Nightspirit

RUMSKA KULTURA TV ANNOUNCES:

Many sociologists claim that Rumia is about to expierience renaissance of its traditional culture with recet rise of populatity of folk music being a sign of this. We find this trend very positive and, as a broadcaster, will follow it, sending a folk artist to the 58th Nation Song Contest in Serenate & Clair. We looked through many musicians who gained lately noticeable popularity among Rums and chose The Moon And The Nightspirit with song Regő Rejtem.

Second info I'd like to share is that Royal Rumia Cartography finally finished works on latest version of our beloved country's map. Here it is:
rumiamap.png

I wrote a quick description about each region. You can read it in the first post or on my wiki page.

Last edited:

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Re: Rumia; The Moon and the Nightspirit

OMG :eek: Zaprya because Zaprya again :lol:

Amazing map btw :D

aletem

Wow. The song is fantastic. I love the folklore choice. :D :cool: And the map... superb! :cool:

Keko

I love your folkish song choices. xheart This is probably my favorite entry of yours so far. =)

strajker

OMG Hungarian song; WOOG

dogmeat

Re: Rumia is sending a guy babbling some pseudopoetric nonsense with his gay voice

Before our chief starts with his nonsense, we would like to thank you for giving our beautiful country relieving top 10 positition. We express our satisfaction from the fact that so many countries enjoyed Rumian neofolk and assure you it's not the last time. Another song of this genre has been already chosen and will enter the contest in more or less distant future. It keeps the nature spirit of Rumia's latest entry, but pleases us with more lively and optimistic sound. But, as it was already said, it's melody of future, now let the chief speak about the NSC 59 entry.

Yesterday my toilet told me to send a guy babbling some nonsense in a disgusting video. I could do nothing but to agree. Here it is:

You're fully allowed to leave a comment.

ponyville_1.png

ponyville_2a.png
ponyville_2b_gol.png
ponyville_2c.png
ponyville_2d_scc.png
ponyville_2e.png

ponyville_3a.png

No Name

Re: Rumia is sending a guy babbling some pseudopoetric nonsense with his gay voice

Hell yeah! My ears are cumming. By far the best Rumian entry ever. :shock::shock:

Keko

Not bad actually. I quite like it. =P

Top Bottom